ArcelorMittal Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Job and Experience
Fatality Prevention Standards Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, SCMarch 3, 2016
Loved doing my job and managing certain aspects of the Safety Department. Enjoyed partnering with management in safety goals.
Decent place to work
Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INFebruary 2, 2016
I would recommend it as a good first job for Electrical Engineering students. I will not plan a full length career at this place. Great learning experience.
ok
Process Manager (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INJanuary 24, 2016
good place to work. Old world manifacturing culture. Just learning modern lean concepts. union environment is particularly challenging.
Built roads
PULPIT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Laplace, LAJanuary 17, 2016
Ran dozers, compactors, rollers to build roads for the state. Great place to work. Management is great to work for. Very competitive pay.
Very Informational and Friendly Environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INJanuary 11, 2016
I worked here for two 8 week terms, while in school. I learned how an industrial business works and how the employees run the place as well. Additionally, I gained knowledge about how unions work and why they are there.
engineer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, MDDecember 22, 2015
Good place to work. Would have been great if the management tried to provide a better work environment for their employees
i enjoy workin with my fellow coworkers and hope to advance in the future
Steel Worker (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVDecember 14, 2015
usually relieve an half hour early I learn something new every day due to the fact that I work with guys who have worked on the tandem mill with 30 or more years experience
Pros
relieving early
Cons
no lunch break
My experience has been challenging, and the workforce very professional
Senior Process Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INNovember 2, 2015
ArcelorMittal is the world's leading steel and mining company, as an employee in the Plate operations I found the their commitment to employee training, safety to be exceptional. They are also highly committed to being an environmentally friendly company even with the challenges of being an integrated steel facility. The hardware and software used to provide control is quite varied, from much older hardware/software from the 1980's to the very latest in PLC and Scada systems.
World class company with excellent benefits and a wonderful staff
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Laplace, LAOctober 20, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working for ArcelorMittal, LLC as an HR intern over the Summer. There, I was able to develop my skills while working in a team environment. In addition, I gained valuable experience in a dynamic HR setting where I learned about administrative HR processes, recruiting, benefits, and HR metrics. While interning over the Summer, I also participated in Company negotiations with the United Steelworkers Union.
Challenging and fun place to learn and work
Intern - Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 20, 2015
My internship with ArcelorMittal was short, but a great experience. As an intern what I could do was limited, but I was able to tie together hands-on experience with what I learned in school. The hardest part of the job is getting familiar with all of the machinery, that will naturally take time. The most enjoyable part is learning all the machinery with a great group of co-workers.
Opportunity to work on a multi-cultural and multi-racial company.Interesting and yet challenging at the same time.
Audit Supervisor- Internal Audit (Current Employee) –  Buchanan, LiberiaOctober 16, 2015
ArcelorMittal is a very good company if one ones to get experience of working in a Multi-national company. It also affords one any opportunity to work in a multi-cultural and multi-racial environment.
ok
steel worker (Current Employee) –  coatesvilleOctober 16, 2015
you never know
about working in a dangerous place
not good
many ok some not good workers
working conditions
we had fun at times
Pros
secure job
Cons
conditions
Good Company to work for
Lead Electrical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calvert, ALOctober 6, 2015
Good Company to work for. Get to learn new things everyday. Flexible work hours. Management is easy going. -Electrical Engineer
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Distance to work
productive
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Monessen, PASeptember 27, 2015
Looking for more challenging postion, and chance for advancement.
The most enjoyable part of the job is looking forward to my day off,
Pros
money
Cons
shifts
ArcelorMittal
Manager (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INSeptember 18, 2015
Long hours, not enough employees to meet the needs.
Management expects jobs to be completed on time using unrealistic schedules.
Company politics are always at play.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Old Facilities, no infrastructure upgrades/updates
very good company to work for
Scale House Coordinator (Former Employee) –  eckman,wvSeptember 17, 2015
very good company to work for just needs new management there are alot of good workers and there are some bad but the good out weighs the bad
Overall
Associate Analyst-Corporate Responsibility (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2015
I interned with ArcelorMittal USA for three months in the summer fo 2015. My time there was short and I worked on several projects. This is not real review of my experience.
Safety is a top priority
Associate Engineer - Health and Safety Intern (Current Employee) –  CoatesvilleAugust 9, 2015
Overall, I believe my experience at ArcelorMittal has greatly strengthened my knowledge, skills, and abilities within the safety field. I continue to learn through challenges that the steelmaking industry presents.
Great Experience!
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Laplace, LAAugust 4, 2015
I was able to apply most of the things I learned from school to the work in the field. This internship helped me a lot with learning how to work with others and how to communicate with others while completing work tasks.
not a great place to work
welder (Current Employee) –  coatesville paJuly 23, 2015
benefits and pay are excellent
environment is horrible
union shop
no room for improvement
not a place to grow as a person or an employee
meaningless work
Pros
good pay
Cons
terrible environment