ArcelorMittal Employee Reviews

Very Challenging, fast paced work place to learn many trades.
Steckel Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJanuary 20, 2018
Establishment in EMT Maintenance position where combined of 25 years of diversified technological - Industrial background and leadership skill experience have peaked within this Company. The Culture among all my co-workers is industrious in behavior. It is a well rounded disciplined hard work environment. Many mentors I admired and grew in my field experience have derived here. Now I'm giving back and share all that I've gained so the new technicians can grow further and be more productive.
Pros
Great Benefits and hourly compensation.
Cons
Long hours, commuting
position summary
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INJanuary 19, 2018
this is a test of the position and I really don't know what to say. just trying to get to the minimum word count. seems like this will be a very long process to get there.,
Arcelor Mittal had a very strong safety program
Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Harriman, TNJanuary 15, 2018
The facility was acquired by Arcelor Mittal during my employment. Arcelor Mittal had a very strong safety culture that we successfully incorporated into our culture. The plant manager was excellent and gave full support to the EHS department. It was a very positive work experience.
Pros
Full support from upper management
Cons
Arcelor Mittal shutdown the facility
Don't do contract work there in the administrative building.
Order Change Manager (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INJanuary 14, 2018
As a contract employee I was misled that the position would lead to permanent employment. I was expected to perform at or exceed permanent employees production and was also required to train and make presentations on Company IT systems to new permanent hires. After a year, and having become a valued member of the Order Management Department....new openings were announced and interviews with current contract employees and new applicants took place.I thought I was a shoe in for all the responsibiity and experience I already had from working there for a year. After several stressful months of training new hires I found out the ONLY contract employees offered permanent positions were Minorities. Regardless of how well they performed or how much experience they had. My supervisor had the nerve to offer me an extension of my contract to TRAIN my replacements. Um...NO.
Stable employment
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INJanuary 13, 2018
Good paying job. The hardest part was working shift work. Worked continiously on my feet,plus working under machines.Ilearned not to rush the job.So its done right the first time.Management is fair and always make sure you work safely.The people you work with work as a team.If you need help doing something.Theirs always some willing to help you.The most enjoyable part of the day when you know you did a good job.Everybody after awhile is like you second family.If you like what your doing the day goes by easily.
Great Boss
Payroll/Administrative Asst (Current Employee) –  Monessen, PAJanuary 12, 2018
Good place to work, union and non union. World wide coke and steel making company. Benefits for non-union salary employees are not that great but many perks.
Benefits
The Employees Point of View
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PADecember 29, 2017
I feel like had we had better senior plant management we would be on better competitive edge with any steel plant in the world. I've had a very unique opportunity to ĺearn a great deal in my time there.
Learned
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2017
Working at Arcelor Mittal allows you to advance to many different departments. You are encouraged to continue education so that you move up in the company.
Pros
local
Cons
new position had me commuting
Fairly decent place to work
INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PADecember 26, 2017
Diverse environment that presented an opportunity to work on an array of equipment. Adequate management lacking at times, nonetheless this open the window to enable a competent tech to apply the necessary or required skills for job completion.
Very Poor Management
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 18, 2017
Up untill the last 4 yrs I would have gave arcelormittal perfect 10 on most everything...but the new management that has taken over has ran us into the ground... Safety only matters if production isn't effected...we have nearly as many management as workers....they have an assistant for an assistant...the once excellent Engineers that made us a world-class steel mill have quit and went else where because of management ..now we are stuck with kids out of College that have no idea what there doing.. anything this passed management has put in place to make the Line run faster which gives them a bigger bonus has turned to junk.. At one time we ran weeks without a line stop now it's an everyday occurrence... Hopefully we can get this management out before we lose more business or shut us down or worse off someone may never come home.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Bad management and very poor morale
I wouldn't recommend
Operator (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INDecember 13, 2017
The company is worried about management not the workers. If someone calls off, you're stuck on the job. They say they're all about safety, but clearly they're only worried about how much iron is produced.
Great pay and benefits but culture is overwhelmingly negative.
Maintenance Tech Electrical (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INDecember 8, 2017
Hourly union positions have great pay and benefits but salary employees are underpaid and benefits have been slashed multiple times. The overall attitude of most employees is negative and there is a strong culture of hourly vs salaried employees. A lot of managers there believe that yelling is the best way to get what they want.

That being said a lot of good people work here and the pros tend to outweigh the cons. Also a lot of this varies by location and department as it is a massive corporation with thousands of employees at each location.
good company to for
Mobile Operator (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, IN 46312December 5, 2017
cleaning ladles, change plates on ladles. hardest part of job, breaking nozzle with jack hammer. very dirty and uneven walking surface. learn a lot about ladles, ladle life, how heats can go on a ladle. how many heats can go on plates. meeting new people every other month.
Pros
work load easy because two man crew
Cons
sometimes you have to work through your lunch
Not a bad place
Mechanical Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 5, 2017
Cant comment on the entire company. I worked in a small r&d facility in Houston which consisted of about 10 people. So, it was nice, had a lot of freedom.
productive physical dangerous
Utility Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 4, 2017
eye opening experience coming from a network engineer position. work can be physically demanding, ability to adapt to changing work environment I e outside elements ,working around extreme heat. job includes lots of walking , bending , lifting ,climbing.
benefits
Cons
no profit sharing
Arcelormittal
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Pioneer, OHNovember 27, 2017
Poor management took a thriving company now preparing to close the doors. Once an upbeat crew of great intelligent people are now broken down tired and looking for jobs.
Pros
good pay
Cons
terrible management
Iron Ore minding
Locomotive Assistance (Former Employee) –  BuchananNovember 25, 2017
my time with ArcelorMittal was so nice with my co-workers,
lots of fun and some good experience.
i learned new career,new relationship with was established with my co-workers.
Pros
i have free lunch
Cons
1 hr break
Good place to start career, most leave after 2-3 years.
Associate Engineer - Intern (Former Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INNovember 25, 2017
Pretty demoralizing work culture among salaried folk. Many young associates leave after a couple of years. Not a whole lot of room for advancement, and promotions are seemingly based on seniority instead of merit.

Not a good place to get a whole lot of technical experience. They try to rope you in full time and force you into this shift manager role. Good experience as an intern to get a feel for how the real world works.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Outdated equipment, stubborn management
Productive and family orientated amosphere
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PANovember 21, 2017
I have been with this company almost 22 years and overall it is well run company. I have worked swing shift and I am 3 out of 4 women in the entire plant. During this time I have been accustomed to the swing shift, and other things that go along with this.
Pros
moneyc vacation, benefits
Cons
swing shift
Available to work independently and within team environment.
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 18, 2017
Would highly recommend Arcelormittal-Cleveland to upcoming college graduates for training and flexibility to work as a team. Great opportunity to continue your Education for advancement in the company.
Pros
Ongoing activities offered for work place and family members. Also, quarterly bonuses are great incentive for morale.
Cons
Feel company is to flexible hiring family members to work within the same office.