ArcelorMittal Employee Reviews

Financially rewarding company that lacks a positive culture
Supply Chain Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 15, 2016
AMUSA is an established manufacturing power within the industry that offers highly competitive compensation and benefits. The supply chain department is made up of productive and team oriented employees, but the culture of the company as a whole is rather negative. There is also not much opportunity for advancement, and managers rarely challenge employee's with new projects.
Good entry level position, old culture views
Inventory Management/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 8, 2017
I believe this as a good starting point for a college graduate. It is a good way to learn the ins and outs of a manufacturing operation along with getting management experience.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
healthcare, union operation, compensation
Good Work/Life Balance, Low Company Morale
Project Analyst, Planning & Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INSeptember 20, 2016
ArcelorMittal is just about as old-school of a manufacturing company as you can get. This boils right down to the work hard, not smart attitude that is given from management down.

Pros:
Very reasonable work/life balance. Hours weren't all that demanding most of the time, but just like any other company, there were times when you needed to put in the hours.

Many of the young employees leave the company less than three years after hiring, which has caused low morale through the rest of the company. Not a very positive outlook from many of the older employees at the company.
Pros
Good Work/Life Balance
Cons
Low Company Morale
Overall a great place to work
Maintenance Technician-Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, SCAugust 19, 2016
Overall a great place to work, great pay, great benefits, great co workers, great managers. I enjoyed the pay, and the heat was the hardest part of my job.
Great experience for short term
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INSeptember 6, 2016
organization is very flat so you get great experience starting out but not a lot of promotional or inter-department opportunities
no increase in pay for experience or performance (only promotions), just cost of living increases each year which are almost the same for everyone
management believes longer hours = more productive
very stuck in old ways of doing things even if they do not work
treat people like they are disposable
Pros
flexible schedule depending on your manager
Cons
healthcare, pay, opportunity to move up
Variable salaried working hours, low opportunity for advancement
Senior Equipment Specialist (Current Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 23, 2017
I learned lots of management skills here, including how to successfully work with an hourly, union workforce. Lots of pressure and criticism from upper management; many times my workforce was redirected by upper management without communication to me. Time management is difficult due to balancing proactive work which requires some focus and time, with immediate calls for corrective work. 24/7 operation shift work is sometimes required. I did enjoy working with heavy equipment and making gainful improvements in equipment design and reliability.
Good place to begin a career
Process Manager Division Level Safety (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INMarch 6, 2017
Good place to begin your career. The pay is decent, but the benefit package is poor. Mill culture is rough and extremely political. A lot of experience can be gained if you keep your head down and focus on learning not achieving.
Pros
Continous hiring of new engineers
Cons
Healthcare package is poor. Many moves have nothing to do with merit or knowledge
management needs to get on track
Team Leader of the Business Intelligence Services (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 28, 2016
No need to look at this in depth company got buying crazy now they own a large portion of a not so lucrative steel industry that is being undersold by the Chineese.
Pros
health ins. 401k
Cons
politialy corupt
Excellent management
Safety and Health Intern (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVSeptember 21, 2016
ArcelorMittal provides great opportunities for career growth. Management promotes continual improvement and a positive atmosphere. I highly recommend this company for potential employment.
Pros
Co-workers, advancement oppertunities
Projects in europe
Energy Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Energy Department of Fos-sur-Mer SiteSeptember 21, 2016
My job in corporate teams was very interesting because I had to develop a lot of project in Poland, in Rumania, in Spain…
So it was, for me, a very good experience to know the habits of the people, the culture and the methods.

I had in charge to develop an Energy Management System to try to optimize energies in the site to make energy savings.
I had a lot of links with all the departments in the site.
Productive workplace
HR/LR Representative (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PAFebruary 23, 2017
A typical day at work involves checking emails and voicemail.
I've learned about Union contracts.
Management is transparent.
The hardest part of the job is learning the different areas of the plant.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the employees.
Struggling business, spend most of time reducing, no real growth
Leader (Former Employee) –  Calvert, ALMarch 9, 2017
There is an stated culture and the actual culture, the stated culture is around growth and success, the actual culture is about reductions, cost saving and not very people oriented.
Pros
Not many
Cons
poor health care, low wages, LTIP never pays
Challenging work place
Electrical technician (Current Employee) –  Laplace, LANovember 7, 2016
Many of the supervisors are not in tune with their subordinates which causes a rift between management and hourly workers. There are many unique pieces of equipment that add an degree of difficulty and make this job a challenge.
Everyday is different and challenging.
Associate Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burns Harbor, INFebruary 2, 2017
Working in a continuously operating fully integrated steel mill. The proper functioning of each and every equipment is extremely critical for the plant. Maintenance department takes care of everyday requirements to facilitate the plant operations.
supply chain management
PURCHASING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 24, 2016
functional expert in supply chain management with top Fortune 50 companies in several different industries with domestic and international experience in developing suppliers and supply chain procedures
Great learning experience.
Associate Engineer - Mechanical Intern (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INFebruary 12, 2017
I worked there as an intern for 3 months so I will not be able to give a good candid review. For the time that I spent there, it was a great learning experience.
Arcelormittal
Process Analyst inspector (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2016
During my career at arcelormittal had its ups and downs. I worked long hours and short turnarounds. overall I enjoyed the people I worked with and the challenges I had on a day to day basis. I learned many things because I worked in multiple departments. The hardest part of the job was getting to the plant during the winter season. The most enjoyable part of my job was growing within the company and supervising where deemed fit.
Tyco Electronics
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Steelton, PAFebruary 6, 2017
Worked there for three years during the summers and college breaks. I enjoyed some parts of the job but it was alot of production and very repetative. Overall not a bad place to work and the people are nice.
Handling high profile accounts was a challenge.
Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 22, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was delivering excellent customer service. Making the customer feel important, treating them with respect and always providing a positive attitude.
great learning and expirience centre
bricklayer (Current Employee) –  vanderbijl parkFebruary 7, 2017
on the job trainng is good as the company is huge and with a lot of expirienced people. the expirience you get here is of high calibre and very useful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ArcelorMittal. Our community is ready to answer.