Job Title: Manager, Materials Management
Department: Materials Management
Immediate Supervisor Title: Chief Financial Officer
Job Supervisory Responsibilities: Materials Management Coordinators and Procurement Specialists
General Summary: Oversees the day to day operations of the Materials Management Department for mid-sized medical group, including purchasing of medical/pharmaceutical supplies and other goods/services, receiving, warehousing, distribution, physical inventories and inventory controls. Functions as company representative to negotiate contracts for purchased capital equipment, services and supplies. Manage all supply and capital equipment procurement activities including compliance for all procurement contracts. Customer service and technical knowledge of computerized purchasing and inventory systems are paramount for success in this position.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Designs and implements policies and procedures for inventory control, cycle counts, purchasing and internal controls affecting all aspects of Material Management.
2. Establish, monitor and maintain re-order points and criteria in order to ensure adequate inventory levels of supplies.
3. Design and implement policies and procedures to confirm pricing, quality, and quantities of orders are in agreement with purchase orders and contracts.
4. Maintain tracking of back orders and orders received but not invoiced.
5. Oversees performance and maintains records of group purchasing agreements.
6. Assists and coordinates on new practice setup projects, including merging or assigning accounts and procurement of necessary equipment and supplies.
7. Comply with all departmental, Q.I., safety and fire guidelines that apply to the Materials Management area.
8. Achieve and maintain stellar service and customer satisfaction levels.
9. Provides leadership, education and support to physicians & medical group staff to enhance their understanding of current materials management practices/products
Education: Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university in business administration, health administration, accounting or finance.
Experience: Minimum four years of experience in materials management, including two years experience in a healthcare organization. Lean/Six-Sigma training preferred.
Other Requirements: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Professional Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word); Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains); McKesson SupplyManager a must.
1. Knowledge of clinic policies and procedures.
2. Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local codes and requirements of regulatory agencies.
3. Knowledge of best practices regarding financial and standard operating procedures.
4. Knowledge of safety practices required to minimize any hazardous conditions to provide a safe work environment.
1. Skill in exercising independent judgment.
2. Skill managing contracts.
3. Skill in establishing and maintaining working relationships with staff and physicians.
1. Ability to work effectively with vendors and staff.
2. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
Work Environment: Combination of office and grounds environment. Occasional evening or weekend work.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Prolonged standing and walking; repeated bending, squatting, stooping, climbing ladders, scaffolding. May be exposed to hazards from use of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and power equipment and toxic chemicals and gases. Occasionally must lift up to 50 pounds.