Position: PC Technician
Reports to: Senior Systems Administrator
The PC Technician will be responsible for providing direct installation, diagnostic, and problem resolution for all PC hardware, related peripheral devices, and software in a Windows XP/7 environment. The technician will support users at multiple Arch Health Partners locations. Technician must be able to function independently with minimal oversight and direction. Assignments are broad in nature and complex in scope.
- Maintains, diagnoses, and resolves client hardware, software and peripheral issues.
- Configures and deploys essential desktop hardware, software and peripherals.
- Provides first level of support services for computer systems.
- Answers multiple internal customer phone and email requests for computer support services in a courteous and efficient manner. Prioritizes these requests, enter them into the help desk ticketing system, perform first call resolution for the requestor whenever possible or, when not possible, to escalate two the next level of support.
- Recommends new or replacement hardware when necessary to supervisor.
- Configures, deploys and maintains desktop systems and network printers, and laptops according to documented policies and procedures.
- Keeps client systems up to date with necessary product updates, security patches and hot fixes in accordance with company policy.
- Assists with the configuration and maintenance of new desktops and laptops as required, including but not limited to loading images, updating drivers and operating system, application patches.
- Researches questions using available information resources.
- Follows standard help desk procedures.
- Identifies and escalate situations requiring urgent attention to the appropriate resource per the escalation procedure.
- Performs tape rotations on a daily basis. Accurately follows tape rotation based on documented policies and calendars. Maintains tape library in a neat and organized fashion. Notifies supervisor of any issues.
- Maintains backup log detailing backup completion and failures. Notifies supervisor of any inconsistencies.
- Visits off site locations when needed to perform equipment maintenance and support.
- Provides new user setup orientation to IT equipment and general software.
- Provides password resets per organizational security policies.
- Stays current with system information, changes and updates.
- Responsible for coordinating the shipping and receiving of assets between hardware vendors and Arch locations.
- Maintains accurate inventory of PC hardware, software and peripherals.
- Maintains accurate documentation on client updates, security patches, hot fixes, and desktop system configuration.
- Imports and transfers data securely to 3rd parties.
- Participates in departmental on call in a rotating schedule for weekend support.
- Maintains and organizes network closets and cabling and related documentation.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Maintains a clean and professional work environment.
- The preceding tasks have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by positions in this class. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change and rescind work assignments as needed.
Job Knowledge / Experience Required
- Workstation, laptop, tablet, and mobile device expertise is needed to perform the duties of this position.
- Three years of experience required with MS Office applications in a Windows XP/7 environment, including desktop computer troubleshooting, and general application and peripheral hardware support.
- Work knowledge of basic Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange environment.
- Knowledge of network protocols, configuration, VOIP, and network printing.
- Experience in Local Area Network/Wide Area Network structure, server systems, Telecommunications and software, are all preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Professional telephone etiquette is required.
- The ability to perform at a changing work tempo dependent upon the workload.
Preferred and Other Qualifications
- Formal training in technology at the Associate Degree level or equivalent is required, or three years of experience as a PC technician.
- Microsoft and/or CompTIA Certifications
- Must have reliable means of transportation and a valid driver's license.
- Dedication to timely resolution of technical issues with high customer satisfaction.
- After-hours or work on weekends if necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, climb or balance, and be able to work in confined spaces. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move (with additional help) up to 50 pounds (lifts over 40 pounds are two person lifts). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Indeed - 11 months ago
Arch Health Partners is an award-winning medical foundation affiliated with the Palomar Health System in North San Diego County. The...