Arch Telecom

Arch Telecom Employer Reviews

Fake Reviews
Slave to my RSD and VP (Current Employee), New YorkApril 8, 2014
Pros: discount on accessories
Cons: everything
First off let me start by saying upper management requested all mid level management to take the time a post a good comment about Arch Telecom. So remember when you see "LOVE IT", EXCELLENT" "BEST PLACE TO WORK" Its all lies and smoke and mirrors.

Any comment from the Mid Atlantic Market is probably fake. This group of people are known as the untouchables – more... because they worship the VP of Sales who also is out of the Mid Atlantic Market. Lets not forget the VP married one of the DM's and she gets away with whatever she wants. The Director of Training, well lets just say he could not get a real training job at a real company. Again he is buddies with the VP. Remember the old saying "Its not what you know, but who you know" That should be Arch Telecoms slogan.

Now don't get me wrong if you are a aggressive sales rep or a manager that can sell sell sell, you will do well here. Employee turn over is so high the recruiting department interviews dozens of people a day.

Do yourself a favor and look somewhere else for a job. Its not a career choice you want to make.

This review is coming from a mid level manager that just can't stand the lies anymore. But don't get me wrong I will still collect a paycheck until I find something else. – less
I love what I do!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Newark, NJMarch 14, 2014
Pros: commission payouts, sales contests, sprint dealer line, hourly raises
Cons: no healthcare
My paycheck is determined by how hard I work since its hourly plus commission based. Everyday is a new challenge and its ever changing. I really enjoy coming to work and my paycheck shows it!
I love what I do!
smh.
sales rep (Former Employee), californiaJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: balance life.
Cons: lack of communication
It was first at good. Hard work does get noticed only by the director of california. The new dm is harsh. Toomany bad complaints on him from fellow coworkers. You can never really get a solid answer from anyone unless you nag nag nag. Even so you get over it. Extreme lack of communication from upper staff/seniors. Glad i left the company. Wouldnt recommend – more... it. – less
Difficult environment to grow in
Location Manager (Current Employee), Needham, Ma, Fitchburg, Ma and Springfield, MaSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: it is a commission, although that could be better, so there is opportunity to increase compensation
Cons: negative management tactics, weak benefits and compensation
This is a retail environment that uses many "negative" sales motivational tools. There is little upward mobility within the company and the pay scale would be subpar by most people's standards.
Had to meet daily and weekly goals within the store and company.
Sales Associate/Technician (Former Employee), Albany, NYSeptember 4, 2013
The location was a very busy location since it was located in a mall and was a service center. I was mostly a sales associate, but I also assisted in training new employees and would also assist technicians in the back when they were backed up on cell phone repairs.
Amazing place to work
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Mid-AtlanticSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: great contests and payouts. company promotes within
Cons: retail company so hours fall in line with mall hours.
Great place to work. Company really looks to promote within the company. Upper management is great and understanding. Company really looks out for their employees.
Poor Ethics, Disregard for their Employees
Sales Rep (Former Employee), WAApril 12, 2013
Pros: cheaper phone service, leniency about long lunches and breaks, good pay
Cons: high expectations, they will literally edit your hours and not pay you for any overtime you work, poor attitude
Its a decent job. With time you will realize the company doesn't really care about their employees. You can never work overtime, even if you worked overtime they will EDIT your time clock to an even 40 hours. They will encourage you to do things you may morally disagree with, over time it may even change who you are. This company pays well, but doesn't – more... offer benefits (except management), and expects a lot from their employees. There were a lot of nice people but the ethics of the company itself and the decisions the corporate leaders make, always seemed to give the lower employees the short end of the stick.

The wireless industry in general is great though. If you are reading this I encourage you to pursue a job in the wireless industry. You have to really be able to talk to people though, and be at least a little knowledgeable about technology. If you can do both of those things, you will make good money, and probably have a good time doing it. Make sure you find an employer that doesnt stress you out, the job itself can already get frustrating. Good Luck. :) – less
Fun workplace, great atmosphere.
sales associate (Former Employee), Ramsey, NJDecember 16, 2012
Pros: commission
Cons: short breaks
Assisting customers with new activation's, or upgrades to new devices. Servicing devices, cleaning devices transferring data was a typical day. While employed i learned how to assist customers to what their interests are. Management should of been more involved especially from the district position. Co workers very smart, helpful and knowledgeable and – more... friendly. The hardest part of the job was the lack of traffic. The most enjoyable part of the job was building clients, generating sales, creating new contracts reaching individual goals. – less
This is a tough job with which provides plenty of personal satisfaction at the expense of personal sacrifice.
Manager/Sales (Current Employee), West Chester, PASeptember 18, 2012
Pros: problem solving, relationship building, cultivating talent
Cons: 50 hours per week required, 80 hours vacation per year, no sick time, inadequacy technology
The personal interaction that comes with managing a n Arch Telecom location is priceless. I've always been one who problem solves creatively and utilizes all resources available and those skills are challenged every day. It is one of the characteristics I like most about managing my store. I've enjoy learning and passing that knowledge onto my team – more... so that we all share the most current and applicable information to ensure our efforts are unified. The teams I have worked with and developed over the last three years have been very diverse and have opened my eyes to how different ones expectations of employment can be. Some of the highs and lows of this job come from the same source. Our customers come into our stores with with wants and needs ranging from new phones to billing problems. I stand on the front line for all of these visits provide the best service that I can regardless of the issue. This allows for a wide range of emotion during the course of one day, some good some not so good. I derive my satisfaction from the fact that no matter the situation I know that I used every resource at my disposal to either satisfy the want as efficiently as possible or resolve the problem to the best of my ability. – less
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee), Marysville, WASeptember 15, 2012
Pros: love the outgoing fast passed environment and flexible work hours
Cons: no benifts avalible.
 Awarded in top five sales associates seven months running.
 Excellent customer service skills rating high scores consistently.
 Responsible for repair work on phones, discussing options with customers.
 Worked well in a team environment, maintaining positive attitude under pressure.
productive and fun
Store Lead (Current Employee), Pleasant Hill, CASeptember 7, 2012
very easy laid back work enviornment, learned how to do must of everything, manager is awesome, coworkers are the best.
Fun workplace with fun workers.
Senior Lead Sales (Current Employee), Manchester, CTJune 5, 2012
Pros: discounted employee cell phone plan...
Cons: commute
Ive learned alot of different ways to convince customers to switch cell phone services from every single one of my co workers. The management team is awesome.
It's a job...
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Clackamas, ORApril 17, 2012
Co-workers are friendly. Middle management is great. Upper management not as open to keeping employees happy and working with them to come to a reasonable compromise on problem solving; this was probably the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was that there was a very lucrative commission structure on top of an hourly wage. – more... I learned how to more efficiently manage my time out on the sales floor while also getting done all of the behind the scenes work (training, emails, followups and calling customers back). This company does not offer healthcare benefits to their sales representatives, only middle-management, technicians, and up.

A typical day at work is energetic, fast-paced, and requires you to stay on your toes. You work with a lot of different clientele, which requires you to often times change the way you talk to a person in order to make them feel comfortable. – less
It was a flexible career.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Wayne, PAMarch 24, 2012
Pros: commission
Cons: communting, short breaks
I think their managment staff can do a better job at doing things the correct way
very productive, fun people, interesting work
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 13, 2012
Pros: casual comfortable work place
Cons: down town location with major traffic
selling lead generation services to real estate industry for 12 years until market down-turn