ArchCare Employee Reviews

Worst employment place
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYFebruary 16, 2018
Worst management place., racist and they know it but HR covers up everything. They simply don't want to accept the issue of minorities being held back. Jobs are given to friends and family without credentials. Don't waste your education and experience working at this horrible agency.
Good company for starting CNA's
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 8, 2018
Archcare was the first CNA job I had after the state exam. I have mostly positive things to say about them. They compensate well, provide health insurance, and have team building or employee appreciation events. A few negatives are that they are normally short staffed, sometimes lack supplies you need to do your job.
Mission Driven Organization
Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2018
Rewarding non-profit work, great team environment, a lot of extra perks for employees.

Training sessions available and career advancement opportunity.
Run! Don't Just Walk Away...
Administration (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NYJanuary 18, 2018
Worked at the corporate office for several months, one of the most ... cut·throat backstabbing staff you'll ever meet... If you ever have any misgivings about a system, this would be the company. Run, don't just walk away.
Well worth it
Information Technology Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2018
Non Profit, rewarding, great co-workers, great overall workplace culture, growing company, with a chance for advancement outside of the information technology department.
Not a good company to work for
Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2017
Management does not listen to advise of experienced employees in regards to several aspects of the industry, job duties, and errors. No one is willing to take advise on process improvements. Results in work performance errors, compliance conflicts, and high turnover. There is no formal training. I am looking for a new job opportunity and resigning ASAP. I do not see this company succeeding. A career setback - you might lose any skills you've acquired.
Benefits
Cons
Negative culture, Management, No support from team, No formal training
Soul Sucking
Adminstration (Former Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYDecember 5, 2017
I worked at ArchCare for many years and many of those years I did enjoy working there for many reasons. None of them were because of the leadership in most cases though.
Management changes a lot and with it, so does attitudes. It became a liability to be a long term employee over my last year where gossip reigned Queen and there was very little consideration for the value of your work. Demands on the direct care staff became unreal (CNAs mandated almost every other day and nurses were also forced to work mandated hours routinely-yes in direct violation of the labor law.) Our upper administration routinely referred to the nurses as med mules and even more derogatory comments were made in regards to the CNAs. It really became a toxic environment on the whole.
Although the benefits were good and the salary for my position was high, it wasn't worth doing another year there.
Oh and did I mention it's next to impossible to take vacation?
Benefits
Cons
Everyrhing ekse
No perks
Community Outreach Liaison (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2017
Each day presented unique challenges in the community and with management as programming was under constant change. Being of service within the community was satisfying, however.
Pros
Serving the underserved
Cons
Disorganized
Not recommended
Care Mgr @ Irving PL (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2017
Sadly all negative reviews are true. Archcare has come across some good employees, but most have been chased away by Sr. Management toxic behavior.
Some good employees have been laid off because they did not agree with all the nepotism displayed by those individuals who abuse their authority.

Advice for Executive Management:
Remove the root cause of the problem, only then will you be able to retain your employees & attract new ones. Just because a Manager is saving the Co. money, does not mean they're not contributing to the bigger problems.
Pros
Good location, decent PTO
Cons
Negative culture, stressful environment, more gossip than training
Learning experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2017
When I first started at Archcare I was really nervous due to the negative reviews I have read, but as I started to work I found it pleasant I enjoy working at Archcare especially at the Huntington department, the staff is very kind and helpful I am so glad I decided to work for Archcare
Pros
Good co workers
Cons

Want to know more about ArchCare?

Ask a question
It is NOT a healthy environment work in
Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving PL New YorkJune 19, 2017
I have been at ArchCare for 1 yr. All the negative reviews are true. The company is very disorganized, the trainings are very limited. Not enough to help you prepare for the craziness you will be working with. Upper Management very unprofessional & abusive to its employees. The "so called, Speak Up campaign" is joke. They do not listen to the issues that truly matter. HR is not supportive to employees who need their help. Overall not a good experience. Looking to leave the company.
Pros
Cons
Too many
It's all about the mission.....
Clinician and Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2017
ArchCare as a health care delivery system upholds its mission throughout the organization. It does great work and provides a meaningful place to work.
Very friendly and inviting
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYJune 1, 2017
This is my 3rd week here at Archcare at Ferncliff and it has been a wonderful on-boarding experience so far. Everyone has come to greet me and introduce themselves. The administrator makes it a point to do daily walks to say hello and see how everyone is doing. To me, that is good leadership!!!!
Pros
Everyone is very friendly.
Cons
A great place for growth!
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2017
ArchCare is a wonderful place to work if you are someone who is hoping to have opportunities for future career growth. Management is very supportive of internal movement throughout the company and allowing employees to learn areas beyond their day to day role.
Pros
Excellent benefits and tuition reimbursement
Faith Based Health Care Leaders Make a Difference
President/CEO Archcare at Home (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMay 31, 2017
The Archcare system promotes a strong mission focus, where clinicians can practice in a meaningful way. Being part of a large post acute system that is faith based and cutting edge in its thinking and innovation is important. It means something to be part of the healthcare team of the Archdiocese of New York. We're a team that cares about what we do, why we do it, and Together, We Can Be Remarkable!!!
Wonderful experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2017
I greatly appreciated the opportunity to work at ArchCare. Although my time there was temporary, I enjoyed working closely with coworkers helping them with projects.
Pros
Exposure to a new work environment & responsibilities
Cons
Commute time
May 4, 2017

Thank you for the feedback. We look forward to the opportunity to have you work with us again.

Overall terrible!
Community Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Medford, NYNovember 10, 2016
Terrible place to work, only due to management. Patients are wonderful and nurse colleagues also great but VERY negative. Overworked and unappreciated. Pressure is ridiculous. Other companies are much more reasonable and fair!!
Pros
Patients are a pleasure.
Cons
Nurse managers are not nice, expectations are unreasonable!!
May 4, 2017

Thank you for the feedback, we greatly value your opinion. Currently, all ArchCare managers are required to complete leadership development trainings to equip each Care Member with the tools to lead and manage a team. We would like to encourage you to speak to your supervisor about your current concerns.

Not a good place to work
Wouldn't you like to know (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2016
I worked for this company for a short time before resigning. There is no formal training, resources or necessary essentials to do your everyday job. If you need assistance, colleagues are not willing to provide support, this includes Managers. Very difficult environment to work in. The company does not offer knowledge growth, in fact you will be set back and loose any skills you might have. No one is willing to take recommendations on process improvements. The gossip in this place is crazy annoying and super distracting. I'm glad I'm free at last.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Too much stress, and unrealistic expectations
May 4, 2017

Thank you for the feedback. We were disappointed to hear of your experience at ArchCare. We offer a robust range of formal training for all Care Members, including Leadership Development, Technology and more. Our goal is to equip each Care Member with the tools they need to succeed for the future.

i do not recommend
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Irving pl, ny nyOctober 11, 2016
This company is very disorganized. There are no formal processes, policies or work flows, and no formal training. Too much work, under excessive amount of pressure.

Managers will only provide you with verbal instructions, so that if you make a mistake, you will quickly be thrown under a bus and their is no back up documentation. Some also run their departments like elementary school. If you are not part of the gossip crew, you're left out.

The company is currently laying off and the moral it's at is lowest.

very bad work experience overall.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
No training, no guidance, no support from team
May 4, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. There is an ongoing effort to improve work flows throughout the ArchCare system. Specifically, we are committed to our Lean Six Sigma initiative for all 4,000 Care Members.

DONT even bother...
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Irving place Ny NySeptember 30, 2016
Horrible culture, and a very negative stressful environment.

While I worked for this company I witness constant unprofessional behavior that was not only tolerated by management, but enabled by them. Work volume was not distributed equally in some dept. While some employees were overwhelmed, others came in late everyday, did nothing but gossip, txt & play with their phone all day, stare at the ceiling & interrupt the ppl that were actually working.

Some dept Directors spend endless hours throughout the day openly gossiping about their colleagues. This was truly disturbing. Employees can't go to HR without facing retaliation from their Managers, or their mgr intentionally setting them up for failure. There isn't such a thing as confidentiality. You can't trust ANYONE.

Senior leaders, open your eyes & observe your surroundings!

All the administrative work is done manually via excel spreadsheet. There is no formal training. They have no real systems and this makes your daily functions extremely challenging. Senior leaders take no recommendations. If you are not part of the politics "the click" you get pushed out. I don't see this company succeeding.
Pros
Sadly- nothing
Cons
Not enough space to list then all
May 4, 2017

Thank you for feedback. We were disappointed to learn about the experience with your Management Team. We are committed to providing a culture of education and growth for all Care Members, which is why there are several educational opportunities available. Additionally, we are committed to getting continuous feedback from our Care Members as reflective in the recent launch of our Speak UP campaign.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ArchCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5