ArchCare Employee Reviews in United States

Not a good place to work
MLTC Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Maryknoll, NYSeptember 8, 2015
Very disorganized company, left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. You are told one thing than another thing and you are never sure which is the right way to do something. No training, has a sweatshop atmosphere at times. The benefits are good, but that's it. Untrained manangement run the show!!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad atmosphere
Don't Be Fooled
Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving PlaceMarch 9, 2016
Cons: After day 2 I knew I made a mistake. No training, high turn over, not sure how they pass any audits, have no real-data reporting, everything is Excel spreadsheets, management is clueless, not Managed Care people but nursing home people, CEO & CFO does not trust their staff, they lead by fear, don't value support staff but promote management.

Pros: Middle management or above, great potential to be promoted to Executive Management, health insurance has minimum out of pocket expense if employees participation in wellness programs and community service.
Beware! Enter at your own risk....
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Irving Pl New York, NYMarch 18, 2016
If you have no experience or back ground in managed health care, this is the place for you. They hired anybody, because they can't retain "skilled & experienced" employees. The company has been in business for 8 yrs, but functions like they just opened their doors yesterday. Those who actually work, work under excessive amount of pressure with unrealistic expectations, & are not appreciated. This place is a sweat shop.

Colleagues who are jealous of your success will constantly try to set you up for failure. Mgmt turn the blind eye to unprofessional behavior & do not know the definition of confidentiality. They spend endless hrs gossiping. Advise for Mgmt, lead by example, value the hard workers more than those that stroke your egos. There is lack of unity & a to each it's own mentality. Don't expect much help from anyone. Swimm or drown...By far, the worst place I have worked for. They need to change their logo from "Together we can" to "apart we stand"
If you are a true professional with values this is not the place for you!!!!
Pros
Good stepping stone for people without Hlth insurance background
Cons
No training, no systems, no tools, no data
The worst company I ever worked for !!!!
A very disappointed employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2016
Prior to accepting the job, I had seen the negative reviews, but thought that perhaps a disgruntled employee was over exaggerating. Unfortunately, everything was true. From the moment you arrive all you see are miserable faces everywhere. There is absolutely no training provided, no tools, no resources to do your job. Before you even get access to anything, people are dumping work on you. Throughout the time I worked there
felt like a slave. Most of the people who work there have no managed care background. They tend to hire young temps with no experience who think they know it all, but know nothing when it comes down to it. Some act like they came straight out of the ghetto to work there.

A bunch of old people that are just waiting for retirement, but in the meantime taking frustrations on everyone. Very unprofessional environment, where almost every thing is tolerated. This place is the universe of gossip, trust NO ONE!
The employee turnover rate must be about 50%. People resign every month. Terrible reputation. I resigned before finding another job. I could not take another day in that never ending nightmare of a place.
Cons
New Company avoid at all cost
Socialworker (Current Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 18, 2014
Monthly progress reports that must be split within the unit but was not. I did all monthly progress reports and was told by my nurse," i don't have time".. So when i made an error because we are basically trained in the unit, you get suspended or fired. Management will throw you under a truck in a minute. My co-workers, at least in my cubicle, were not very friendly and i was kept out of the loop. I have tried to be as friendly and respectful as possible. On girl stated to me that i was invading her personal space. Since then communication has been at a minimum. The office gossip is crazy annoying which if your not in the loop causes anxiety. Supervisers do not review cases with employees. I don't see this MLTC succeeding
Pros
decent pay, and benefits catholic values
Cons
six months before eligable for sick or vacation, management does not train properly, just a boring job not real socialwork
I have learned to work with all types of personalities.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2015
I worked closely with the Archcare team to ensure the well-being and safety of the members in their congregate setting. I received daily report and acted accordingly to ensure all services needed were provided. Daily assessment of the members and charting done. I learned to work with different types of personalities and provided the necessary services for each member. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing a member improve their quality of life s/p surgery. Being part of the team that made that happen was very fulfilling. Time management was key to ensure services were provided .
Pros
Working closely with the members to ensure a better quality of life.
Cons
I have never worked in a more inappropriate environment
Care Manage (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2015
My friends could not even believe the stories I told about my co workers. Co Workers were allowed to openly and loudly discuss extremely personal matter including their home lives out in the open. Nothing was ever done to stop it. I would often feel embarrassed when loud and inappropriate conversations were going on while I was speaking to clients on the phone. I was often harassed about personal issues to the point where I felt uncomfortable every day. It is not a healthy work environment.
Pros
Excellent vacation and leave
Cons
Unprofessional co workers
Great working environment, company indoor picnic.
Medical Billing, Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2012
My day would start with running reports and reviewing aging reports to develop a priority in which to attack my day. i learned greater work habits through great management teams as well as co-workers as we assisted each other in order to achieve our goals. The hardest part of the job was at the end of the month, when all our efforts was turned to collecting all revenue that we billed for. the most enjoyable part of the job was reviewing financial reports to show that revenue collected proved that our hard work was a result of this effort.
Pros
employee recognition day.
Cons
no braeks
Workplace had a lack of unity
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 14, 2013
A typical work day for the first two and half weeks was idle as I waited for appropriate access to perform essential work duties. I was trained by another employee and would work at his desk on his days off with inaccurate or little access. I learned their system but added / shared my experience within the MLTC plan from previous employers. The company did not have strong training capabilities which lead to problems with employees processing the same work differently.The hardest part of the job was management not listening to the advice from several experienced employees with regards to certain aspects of various positions / job duties which resulted in work performance errors, compliance conflicts and low employee retention. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating templates that is currently being utilized and assisting other employees with their workload once the access was fully granted.
Pros
some employees were really sincerely cared about their work.
Cons
low employee retention, long wait for basic work essentials
Ok place to work
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 14, 2015
A typical day at work starts with a morning meeting, on the short-term goals for that day and a view of what needs to be done for that week. My learning experience would have to be the Oasis billing system.
Pros
learning a new billing system
Very productive day
Entitlement Coordinator MLTC / PACE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2014
I work as a Enrollment Coordinator processing application to the State and Maximus helping elderly person the needs assistance at home is a very good satisfaction for me be able to help in anywway.
I enjoy mu job love to work in the community helping others.I enjoy it
The hardest part of my job is I get notified by a patient died specially when you get to see than every day and one day is gone for ever
Pros
the quality of service
Cons
when i don't enrollment in a month
too much pressure not enough compassion. like their company logo says.
nurse assistant (Former Employee) –  staten islandJanuary 25, 2015
They over work their staff. They have no compassion. They put too much pressure on their staff.
Dont't trust the CEO but colleagues were great
Director, Organizational Development & Learning (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2013
I enjoyed the people I worked with, very smart and dedicated people. The CEO and BOD are not realistic about what it takes to provide the best in patient care. They care nothing about employee engagement or professional/leadership development.
Good Company
Help Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2014
Good for learning. I do not work here. I am learning how to work at the help desk. My coworkers are wonderful. None of it is Hard and it is easy. The Most enjoyable part is swapping out computers.
The people who are running Archcare is incompetent. They have no knowledge of Home Care. They hired people and pay them an excessive amount of money
Entitlement Manager/ Enrollment Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2013
Archcare has many people in there orgnization that is incompetent.
They have no Knowledge of Home Care. Most of there Administration are unprofessional and unethical. In addition many of them do not Comprehend Medicaid and Medicare. They are lots of fraud waste and abuse within this organization.This organization is run in a very poor and nonchalant way.

Atypical day will be at Archcare by Manager A can you check to see who is on the roster. Then another Manager will ask you in the middle of December month, How many case are on for January? Remember it is only Dec16 ( Monday) .
Thirdly a Manager will say I need to know how many case is on for January 1st.how many is from bronx, how many from westchester, How many from Manhattan
You have to comprehend the cases has not been submitted Maximus has not approve the cases and they are continually asking for submission of cases when the deadline to know this will be Jan1, 2014.
Several instances like that goes on a daily instance dispite informing them on a weekly basis.

The hardest part of a job is having Supervisors and Administration do not know what they are doing and when it goes wrong they blame you for not doing what you are suppose to when they are the ones telling you to do the wrong things.

Most enjoyable when the clients thank you for helping them.

2.4