Archdiocese of New York

Archdiocese of New York Employer Reviews

Challlegning and hard work
Regional Director (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 13, 2014
Great entry level job. Teaches a great deal about the industry of fundraising, development, and non-profit.
The Irony of working for a faith based institution.
Teacher (Former Employee), Mt. Vernon, NYJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: engaging wonderful children
Cons: poor salary and no job security
Working with the children, their parents, peers, and other individuals who ensure the success of the children was the highlight of my twenty plus years with the Archdiocese of New York. However, the most devastating aspect of this job is no security. The Catholic schools have closed for no valid reason.
In my first school, we were told the reason our – more... school closed, (which was a pillar in our small community of Mt. Vernon) was because the majority of children were not Catholic. So the only Catholic school in southern Westchester, which had a large population of black/African American students, was closed.
The second school closed for another reason, unknown to many of the teachers, who were displaced. This school, had about 96% Catholic students. Hence the reason about non Catholics, did not apply here. But we closed too. After this second job closing in two years, I have severed al ties with the Archdiocese of NY, I know that I am not the only person who has taken such a drastic step.
Teaching is an honorable awesome career, however, the physical wear on your limbs is painful. Hence currently, I am receiving unemployment funds and am walking with a cane! Don't get me wrong, I love/loved my job. I just am devastated because at 55 years old, carrying a cane, my job prospects have been null and void! This is awful and I know that I am not the only one with this experience!
So, I am on your Web site looking for employment. And no, I will not return to a classroom. – less
Fun and productive workplace
Physical Education Teacher (Former Employee), Queens, NYApril 18, 2013
Enjoyed my work environment, had a great time working with my co-workers but the hardest part of my job were finding resources to provide to the students. Teachers don't make enough money, plain and simple.
Productive workplace
Benefit Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 9, 2012
Pros: the people is nice
Cons: don't have dental or vision
A great place to work with nice people. I have learned a lot working for the Archdiocese of New York and I'm so grateful for the experience.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: we were all one big family.
Cons: promotion were hard to come by.
Working for Catholic Charities at the Archdiocese was my first people encounter experience and I liked it. I've learn to be a multitasker in a fast pace environment. No jobs were too hard for me because I enjoy working there. We were all one big family.
Education and fulfilling position
Managing Director, Cardinal's Annual Appeal (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 18, 2013
Pros: seeing my work translate to outreach to the poor, needy or those fallen on hard times
Cons: difficult for growth
My time and work at the Archdiocese of New York has been personally fulfilling and educational. I truly value the work of the Archdiocese and support the programs that are maintained and created through our collective fundraising efforts.