Archdiocese of Philadelphia Employee Reviews

The compay is an excellent one. This may be one of the few places that one can stillfind job security.
Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Audubon, PAApril 4, 2016
Excellent co-workers. Team effort and collaboration is satisfactory. The hardest part of the job is trying to school young people who do not want to be schooled.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks.
Caring workplace
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 4, 2016
Working for the Archdiocese of Philadelphia is an honor and a privilege. Everyone is there for the right reasons which is to help the students succeed, in and out of school.
Work with enjoyable faculty and generally nice students
High School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 22, 2016
I have taught at numerous schools and all had the same environment.

I enjoy the subjects that I teach.

I enjoy the different variety of students.
Pros
Summers off
Very micromanaged and no supervision nor good training
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Phila, PANovember 18, 2015
Co workers were nice but Mangement and Corporate need to be reorganized and new tecnology is not utilized. Finacial reports are useless . They are ad hoc and outdated .
Pros
Nice people at the school level
Cons
low pay, typical day is puting out fires from all areas.
All of the companies were a good place to work
Lead Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 30, 2015
All of these companies have enable me to be the best at the kind of work I can do today. On any given day work may require advance training in copying skill and the ability to listen with a level of high important. The hardest part of this kind of work could be leaving .The most rewording is watching a family grow often little steps open huge doors for the families I have worked with
Pros
have the ability to help some one
Cons
sallary may requier more that one job i
Interesting
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 13, 2016
It was a very interested day working with Senior's but is was a very great business.Loved working for them just needed more income.
Fast paced environment, which is fun and challenging.
Head Cook (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2015
Prepped breakfast & dinner, daily. I learned the importance of managing food temperatures according to state & city regulations. Management and co-workers are supportive. The hardest part is working 12.5 hrs, daily and the most enjoyable is when the residents and staff members verbally praise me for going above and beyond the call of duty.
Productve and fun place to work.
Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the morning time watching the children faces, so happy . A typical day at work was filled with leaning about the newest of school Learning are ABC's , numbers and making new friends. My co-workers were the best. I made friends that will last a life time. The hardest part of the job was leaving and moving.
Pros
Weekends off and summers off with pay.
Hands on, Physical
Assistant Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon Valley, PAJuly 19, 2015
Moving heavy furniture, painting walls, and doing an in-depth cleaning of the school building for the upcoming academic year. I learned how to strip and wax floors, and general maintenance of a large grade school property.
Great place to work and grow.
Social Worker/ Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 4, 2014
I learned a lot about the social service and the criminal justice system while working at this place. The supervisors were very professional and caring about their workers. You basically set your own schedules and work around your supervisor schedule to accomplished your goal. This place is a team environment where everyone helped each other no matter what is the task.
Good work place friendly people
Chief Accountant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAMay 13, 2012
One man show, too many interuption through out the day, Learned to manage time better and learned when to say no to project because it did not fit primary responsibilities, co workers great to work with, most enjoyable part of job was seeing day to day growth in the high school childern
Pros
great work enviorment, high school, friendly fellow employees good benefits
Cons
low wages, sometimes long hours, lack of support at times, interuption
Science Teaching Position
Science Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 3, 2014
I worked for the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. as an Introductory of Physical Science Teacher and as a Physics Teacher. I enjoyed teaching very much, so the experience was excellent. However, the salary was poor.
The hardest part of my job was that the classes were so large, greater than 50 students/class. However, I got great enjoyment out of watching the students learn.
Workplace that has both pros and cons.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 6, 2013
Company has both pros and cons. I enjoy my co-workers and a lot of my students, but I feel that the salary is low for what we are expected to do. Sometimes I feel we are not truly appreciated.
Pros
Free lunches, good hours, good co-workers
Cons
Low pay, low morale, lack of appreciation
A good place to work where I was given lots of opportunity to better myself
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 20, 2012
Had a great experience the first time I worked here, that's why I came back. My boss gave me lots of room to work, learn, and improve my skill set.
Pros
the pros are, there weren't any cons
Cons
got laid off.
Loving
Assistant Principal (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 16, 2015
A loving place to work. A balanced environment that unites professionalism with spirituality, while focusing forward on 21st century education.
Priest taking care of his people
Priest (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2012
As a priest, I took care of most of the needs of the people as best that I could. Visiting the sick, saying daily Mass, hearing confessions.
Pros
very rewarding to me.
Cons
some days i felt like i did not do enough for the parrish and people.
Spiritual and friendly place to work.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 13, 2015
Great place to work. I've learned what's needed to be a manager so I can continue my goals of becoming a manager. My co-workers are like family.
Rewarding if you want to give your service to community.
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 10, 2014
*A typical day at work:
Very routine depending on the department. But work is steady and sometimes quite enjoyable. Usually just 9-5 casual days with both Catholic and National Holidays off.
*What was learned:
You learn about Catholicism which seems more of a state of mind or culture than a religion.
*Co-Workers
Some were the most precious people in the world! All come from different eras and backgrounds, so everyone was treated like a family. Then there are some who are very set in their ways (older to senior years), so sometimes, there are those not apt at being very politically correct in what they express.
*The Hardest Part of the job.
Adhering to "Catholic Laws" as if in another country. You are made to attend Mass. Some co-workers are elder and don't adapt well to change.
*The Most Enjoyable part
All Holidays, especially the Christmas parties. But most rewarding is making an impact on a person's life through departments that deal with community.
Pros
Job stability, good people, laid-back/nice environment, ok salary and benefits
Cons
No mobility or room for advancement; forced Catechism
teacher
Health and Physical Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 15, 2013
cool place to work. enjoy working here very much. students are great and very respectful
Friendly
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 22, 2013
Loved the energy, and the atmosphere, friendly and family like place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Archdiocese of Philadelphia. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2