Archdiocese of St. Louis

Archdiocese of St. Louis Employee Reviews

Family friendly. A lot of work for little pay.
Parish Accountant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 17, 2014
Pros: benefits are decent, it is knowledgeable, main campus is pleasant.
Cons: no breaks, a lot of nepotism and substandard supervisor
I worked in a small office with two coworkers who were best friends with my supervisor and one crazy person who was allowed to spout offensive remarks without reprimand. I was never trained, my supervisor trained her best friend since high school on basic accounting functions I learned in high school and not me on the basic operating standards of the office. I was never given feedback until a surprise review where my supervisor told me "I've been too busy to show you any of this so disregard." Then when her boss arrived it was a different tune. My supervisor would literally have mood swings constantly and was very unapproachable due to daily family fiascos. Work on the main campus and stay away from satellite offices unless you ask for your supervisors credentials.
Decreptic & Deceptive Mangement (Housing)
Manager (Former Employee), St. LouisMarch 5, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: nepotisms
This would be a great position, however; the person that is over housing there is not a good fit for the compnay, she is very aged and fragile. The company is also full of Nepotism, Housing department which is not very large has many of their relatives working for them. The housing department is mirco managed if you are not a relative. Within the last 6 months that department has had 2 people have heart attacks, 1 person died of stress related issue (possible heart attack) and another who went out on stress leave and never returned. The job is not a hard job you just have dfficult people to work for. Salary very low if you are not a relative.
Helped organize events
Office of Youth Ministry Intern (Former Employee), St. LouisFebruary 23, 2013
Keep in contact with Priest and others that were helping to put on a retreat. Wrote letters as well as thank you letters to all who helped. I would work the retreats as a leader with the other employees.
Very low compensation, average benefits, no development potential, poor management
Accounting Staff Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 26, 2012
Average satisfaction in employment if advancement and challenge are not expected. Management is aged and not always competent.

Archdiocese of St. Louis Salaries