Archdiocese of St. Louis Employee Reviews

Very stressful physically
Aide (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOSeptember 22, 2017
Enjoyed working with first graders through eigthgraders. No compliance with state guidlines for aftercare hours, supervisor had no childhood experience
Pros
Afternoon hours
Cons
Stressful, Too demanding physically
Excellent place to work
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 6, 2017
Excellent place to work. Everyone is so helpful and kind. It is a job for a person who loves people. Everyday is filled with challenges but they make you work day so awesome.
Workplace culture
PE Teacher (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 29, 2017
It was fine! I enjoyed it. I was just tired of teaching at that time. The people were great and very helpful. It was a good Catholic school setting, where students were engaged in the faith.
Hateful vindictive enviroment
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  MissouriOctober 22, 2016
I have worked for this organization for several years the Director is a racist and the staff that works under her are afraid to do what is obviously right when they see employees being unfairly treated whether it be from discrimination or just blatant harrasment, only friends and family are allowed to advance sadly this is a religious organization and this department in particular is awful.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Love teaching.
Teacher- Archdiocese of St. Louis.Mo. (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 14, 2016
I have been a classroom teacher for the archdiocese for 29 years. I love working with kids! I have taught third grade,fifth grade,and worked part-time as a learning consultant. I have also tutored after school and during the summer months at Cliff Cave Library.
Child Center Marygrove is Awful Place
Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Child center MarygroveNovember 11, 2015
Horrible place to work. People are strange. Management is old and styles are out dated. Lots of nepotism. Not a place to grow or use updated skills
Family friendly. A lot of work for little pay.
Parish Accountant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 17, 2014
I worked in a small office with two coworkers who were best friends with my supervisor and one crazy person who was allowed to spout offensive remarks without reprimand. I was never trained, my supervisor trained her best friend since high school on basic accounting functions I learned in high school and not me on the basic operating standards of the office. I was never given feedback until a surprise review where my supervisor told me "I've been too busy to show you any of this so disregard." Then when her boss arrived it was a different tune. My supervisor would literally have mood swings constantly and was very unapproachable due to daily family fiascos. Work on the main campus and stay away from satellite offices unless you ask for your supervisors credentials.
Pros
Benefits are decent, IT is knowledgeable, main campus is pleasant.
Cons
No breaks, a lot of nepotism and substandard supervisor
Decreptic & Deceptive Mangement (Housing)
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. LouisMarch 5, 2013
This would be a great position, however; the person that is over housing there is not a good fit for the compnay, she is very aged and fragile. The company is also full of Nepotism, Housing department which is not very large has many of their relatives working for them. The housing department is mirco managed if you are not a relative. Within the last 6 months that department has had 2 people have heart attacks, 1 person died of stress related issue (possible heart attack) and another who went out on stress leave and never returned. The job is not a hard job you just have dfficult people to work for. Salary very low if you are not a relative.
benefits
Cons
nepotisms
Helped organize events
Office of Youth Ministry Intern (Former Employee) –  St. LouisFebruary 23, 2013
Keep in contact with Priest and others that were helping to put on a retreat. Wrote letters as well as thank you letters to all who helped. I would work the retreats as a leader with the other employees.
Very low compensation, average benefits, no development potential, poor management
Accounting Staff Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 26, 2012
Average satisfaction in employment if advancement and challenge are not expected. Management is aged and not always competent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Archdiocese of St. Louis. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4