ArcheMedX (www.archemedx.com) is searching for experienced Ruby on Rails (RoR) engineers to support the continued development of our cutting edge interactive learning and real-time assessment product.
The ideal candidates are ready to take a mid to senior level role in back-end development. You are a creative thinker and problem solver who wants to have a strong influence on system architecture and product design. With more than 7 years of development experience, you are poised for a leadership role and primed to make a significant impact.
While we offer a dynamic working environment at our new offices in Charlottesville, telecommuting opportunities are also available for the right candidates. So if you are driven and seek a technical challenge, then consider joining an engineering team that is building the next big thing in EdTech and Healthcare.
- Support back-end development and work with the product management team to ensure the timely and quality delivery of software projects in a highly agile and distributed team environment
- Architect scalable and elegant solutions to meet customer needs and business requirements
- Collaborate during code reviews, paired programming and other team activities
- Coach and mentor other team members
- Research and adopt leading edge technology tools and frameworks
- 7+ years of software development on large scale web-based applications, 3+ years in Ruby on Rails and Postrges strongly preferred
- Proven track record of being a critical thinker and team leader, with strong desire to challenge norms and innovate
- Experience building innovative products in a fast paced agile environment
- Excellent knowledge of web standards and related technologies
- Demonstrable experience with Heroku and Amazon AWS
- Fluent in relational database design and query languages
- Working knowledge of a distributed SCM such as Git strongly preferred
- Experience with different web application and search frameworks, including ElasticSearch
- BS (MS preferred) in Computer Science, or equivalent
ArcheMedX is a rapidly growing healthcare informatics and e-learning technology company based in Charlottesville, Virginia. Our mission is...