Archer Daniels Midland Employee Reviews

Horrible Management - Low Pay
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 14, 2017
The employees that are knowledgeable and hard-working seem to be treated the worst. Turnover is high because the more you do the more management piles on. Rewards given to friends, not those who've earned it. If you go to church or happy hour with bosses you're promoted faster regardless of performance. They've also gotten into a habit of letting go of people closing in on retirement before they have to fully compensate, in place of younger, cheaper staff.
Pros
Benefits, discounts at local businesses, paid holidays
Cons
Management, Pay, work/life balance
Would not recommend
Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 11, 2017
Management is poorly trained to develop direct reports. A very technologically backward company with disjointed and outdated tech systems. Advancement is slow and politically driven.
It's a great place to work!
Human Resource Representative (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYAugust 11, 2017
It is the typical 9-5 job. This being my first job out of college, I have learned a lot about how to do different HR processes and just the general way to run things.
Production it fast pace
yeast department operator (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 9, 2017
read notes posted ,what was extra to do for the day from the notes,management short staff you need be able work on own,stressful at times, not have enough help and time do ur duties,the people i enjoy working with
Pros
12 hr shifts give you more days off
Cons
not many
Overall enjoyed working at ADM and would go back if given the chance.
HR Operations and Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 9, 2017
While my job was very busy and hard to keep up with, the encouragement to keep work/life balance was priority in my supervisors. The co-workers I encountered from day one were awesome. Very welcoming and encouraging over all. I would go back in a heartbeat if given the chance.
Pros
on-site cafe at low prices, provides resources for work/life balance
Cons
subject to layoffs to meet market profitability
Needs improvement
Document Clerk-Letter of Credit Dept (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 7, 2017
I worked at ADM for many years and with changes in leadership comes obvious changes in how people are treated and situations are handled. Work environment needs improvement as morale is low.
Security Working Here
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 5, 2017
I retired from ADM and raised a family working here. It is fast paced, but with job security and above average wages. They employ thousands of employees.
a good place to work and advance
Operator & Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Bio Products Decatur IlAugust 3, 2017
I started as a laborer and worked my way up to an operator job within a year and after 5 years i moved to maintenance and completed the three year apprenticeship in under a year
Pros
paid lunch
Agricultural company with a taste for new flavors
Descriptive Sensory Panelist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 2, 2017
Fellow employees are warm and friendly. My manager encourages communication and collaboration, while making each team member feel valued when discussing their differing opinions and offering input on projects. There's a constant inflow of new and exciting projects to work on in this innovative company.
Pros
Free gym membership!
Alright place to work fun and at times can get busy.
Mill operator (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 1, 2017
It is alright to work at ADM. The insurance is absolutely great, the wages are all right but lower than all other factories around. Hours are not good.
It is a good company with good benefits
Administrative Assistant Document Coordination (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 28, 2017
Some people were not great to work with and even treated you badly. Others that were awesome made up for it. If you are in the right spot with the right people, it can be awesome. If not, it can be the opposite.
Pros
Some people were great to work with
Cons
Hours
Loved the people
QC Clerk/ Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Southport, NCJuly 28, 2017
There are really good people that worked out there. Everyone is so willing to help you when you need it. We were all like family. Sadly the company just had a huge lay off.
another day
Content Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 26, 2017
ADM is changing there footprint in the US and expanding overseas this is causing them to layoff/terminate the employees in the us to free up capital for these new ventures. The plant I was out didn't replace there safety department or environmental department when the people in those departments left. This is concerning to say the least.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
dangerous place to work
rotating shifts
E & I technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 26, 2017
I hated rotating shifts never any time for family and friends. Management has the alwayss be somebody else wants your job attitude not a personable place if you can handle all that youll make good living
Shipping recieving
Pellet Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 25, 2017
loading and unloading truck was great kept me in great shape the people I work with was very hard workers and we had fun doing are job as a team when you work together safe every one is happy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA 52404July 25, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at ADM. The rotating schedule was difficult but you were highly compensated for your time. I learned a lot about working in a factory laboratory setting and safety in this type of an environment was an main focus. Budget cuts caused my position to be eliminated and these cuts came annually this this was a sstressful part of the job. The team environment and ever changing work load was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Stay away
Plant Employee (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNJuly 24, 2017
12 hour rotating shifts, management has everybody at each others throats, very harsh attendance policy, maintenance superintendent belittles his employees and does whatever he wants with no consequence, plant manager has no people or management skills.
Challenging schedule. Great benitfits. Good money.
Production shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 24, 2017
Calm or thrust into a whirlwind of activity.
Learned a lot about safety, production, basic plant knowledge.
Old school management attempting to transition into a more modern style.
Culture is a bit untrustworthy of management. Improvements are happening.
The most difficult part of my job is the schedule.
Pros
Great benefits for older employees. Not so much for new employees.
Cons
Shedule. Lack of extra help to cross train employees
Angry people
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 24, 2017
People are angry at this workplace. I think that maybe it would have been better to work directly for the company. There was strange rules about coworker interactions.
loved it
seasonal harvest (Former Employee) –  Havana, ILJuly 19, 2017
Absolutely great place to work. Long hours. 12 hour days 13 days in a row. But the oay is absolutely worth it. Sucks it was only seasons but thats usually how it is.
Pros
free lunches
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Archer Daniels Midland. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval