ARCHER PRESSURE PUMPING

ARCHER PRESSURE PUMPING Employee Reviews in United States

Some of the co-workers were decent
Mechanic 3 (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 22, 2016
Worked in Odessa yard as a field mechanic none of the managers had anything organized from the office to the maintenance office it was a terrible company to work for
Pros
Meals were decent
Cons
Job is dead end no one was willing to help anyone racist
Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Union City, OKMarch 28, 2016
Great place to work and the people are what definitely makes the company stand apart from the other competitors in the same marketplace.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
poor upper management
Maintanance was the best
Shop Foreman/Field Mechanic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 15, 2016
There's nothing like going to work with employees all around your age and have same type mind set.
Was alot of fun having a family like relationship. Everyone cared about each other.
Pros
Safe and Fun
Cons
Small Company
Great Place to work.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 23, 2015
A great place to work good money and good people to work with. Management has poor attitude toads workers. That's just the oil field the benefits are great and start with in 30 to 60 days depending on date of hire. Have fun and stay away from management.
Pros
Money and time off is great
Cons
Decent job as long as gas prices are up
Line Boss/ Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Union City, OKAugust 21, 2015
Like every other oilfield company. Zero loyalty to employees, luckily I quit to go to school right before they started sending everybody home.
Pros
good pay, quick advancement
Cons
won't last
fun and challenging company
District Safety and Training Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Good company to work for very good managment staff. Company has come a long ways since Archer bought them out, The compnay has a good future and has the ability to become an industry leader in the business they do.The best part of my job was helping to build the company safety and training program and the training of all new employees and the chance to get to know all the employees and help instell in them a safety culture
Overall Good Company
Wellhead & Completion Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Union City, OKMay 25, 2015
The Oilfield is a up and down industry. This company overall good to work for. The money is good. The equipment is top quality.
Pros
Money is good
Cons
Away from home 100% of work days
Team environment
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Union City, OKMay 28, 2015
Typical day at work comprises of checking and responding to emails, having a meeting with my team to brief them on job safety analysis as well as delegate tasks needed for the day.
Best I've worked for
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Union City, OKJuly 7, 2015
Great people in the company, pays well, easy schedule 8 days on 4 days off, equipment is adequate, work ethics are great.
Safty is great but , reputation is everything .
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 25, 2014
I was a CDL A, EO doing frac .My operations mgr. said all he needed was a warm body when he hired me . That wasn't very inspiring. I learned alot about safty. The rest of my learning I had to ask questions. I also just watched others. .Alot of the supervisors quit and so did the General Mgr and Vice Pres, they were first to go. Then they had the big lay off in Feb.
Pros
alot of hours, good money. great culture diversity .
Cons
they hired people that were not qualified to be treaters and it cost the company big.
Fun place and good people to work with
FIELD ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Besides plunging gas prices which ultimately caused the layoffs of a whole fleet, Archer was a very good place to work at. Most of the people are very friendly.
physicaly demanding
Equipment Operator and Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  union city oklahomaAugust 26, 2013
You work 8 days on and 4 days off, you move Heavy equipment from one sight to another sometimes within a few miles other times hundreds of miles away, you work in all kinds of weather day and night, You rig up a sight frac and rig down.
Pros
if you get the hours you get good pay
Cons
not getting hours and staying away from family.
Money is good when work is steady.
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Union City, OKMarch 23, 2014
Company is going through growing pains. With this comes the ups and downs of working in a busy place with a lack of leadership in areas. Like any oilfield job it's here today gone tomorrow.
Pros
good hourly pay.
Cons
unsafe work environment. management was changing all the time.
Great company to work for.
Equipment Operator I (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2015
I think the best thing about Archer is that they do not interfere with your 7 days off. They offer great training before they send you to location.
I love it here.
DISTRICT SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 3, 2014
I took care of all areas, new applications, background checks, drug testing, new orientation, training, hotel arrangements for 3 rotaring crew, DOT, safety.
Pros
everybody depended on me.
Cons
layoff
Major changes after sales of company
Assistant Controller (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 16, 2013
Very busy workplace with a lot of pressure due to operations activity. I learned a lot about the service side of oil & gas and helped impliment a new software (JDE). My co-workers are the best part of the company.
Good company to grow with and learn
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 29, 2013
Was able to have an opportunity to learn as much as possible and make a lot of money.