Archrock Employee Reviews

Good place to work, not much for advancement.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2017
no light and the end of the tunnel. Great people, just don't see a very bright future. does not value and MBA, will not pay for phone for on call employees.
Boring
Worker (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 7, 2017
Archrock is, in general a good company to work for, but it's boring as there are not many new initiatives and the top leadership is still locked in old people management ways.

Lack of work hours flexibility and few vacation days make people leave to work at a company where their personal time is valued.
Productive and positive environment
HRIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2017
The company played an important role in developing my skills in different fields of Data analysis and HR, Went through the different scenarios of a company in dealing with the growth of the company.
used to be better
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Center, TXApril 20, 2017
Was a much better company under Exterran. They monitor everything you do and micro manage you all day. I used to like working there but now its just stressful and your always looking over your shoulder. Management treats you like your a little kid.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
Management, going On Call 24/7
High Employee Turn-Over
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Kermit, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Consumes your life; Time spent and hard work not appreciated. Part-time (Rotators) employees are given more privileges than full time employees.
Pros
Get the experience
Cons
Employees are not appreciated for hard work and dedication.
management
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 5, 2017
working for one of if not the best boss i have ever had worked for
very willing to teach people
fun and friendly work place
meet new people
home every night with family
Pros
learn something new
N/a
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  LouisianaDecember 27, 2016
Overall a great place to work. People I worked with were great someone would be there to help if need be. Always willing to teach you new things if you were interested.
need to be on anit depression meds to work here
Requisition Coordinator Entry (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2016
this place when south when ever it split at the first of the year 2016 .....

kind of sucks to show up everyday to think about what if I go sit in the restroom for 4 hours is anybody going to come looking for me most likely not if I can respond to an email in the next 4 mins
Pros
hours
Cons
all of it
Work good, people good, pay bad, management worse
Shop Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXOctober 17, 2016
DO NOT WORK HERE TRUST ME people in the shop are awesome as far as hourly employees, steady work flow, but........ if you work here don't expect to see a raise ever! Iv been there 2 years and haven't seen a raise yet. And that everyone in the shop not just a few so you better get all you can when you hire on because it's the last raise you'll ever get. Immediate supervisor is real good branch management is a egotistical jack who doesn't know or care how to treat people
Pros
People
Cons
Money, management
Too big
Senior Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Karnes City, TXSeptember 30, 2016
Management is spineless but expects a lot from field personnel. I was wrongfully terminated and during my termination i pointed out the mistake it was confirmed that I was bring terminated on accident and nothing was done to try and stop it. Really unfortunate for me it wasn't the greatest company to work for but I didn't deserve what happened to me and it amazes me nobody even tried to stop it
Okay
Preservation mechanic (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKSeptember 26, 2016
It's not the best place, but a job is a job. The work it self was fun. Even though information doesn't get passed on very well. Some people where cool other not so much.
goood company bad location tulsa ok
Natural Gas Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDAugust 7, 2016
Very good company, just the location is bad cause of management. gotta be in the cool crowd to get ahead. screw you on hours cause they anger a customer.
Pros
company
Cons
tulsa ok branch
Fun place to work for with great ethics
Cilent support analys (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2016
Very good company to work or and very family oriented.
Great management. Very great culture. They consider you as family not just an employee. The CEO is very visible and very easy to approach. It is a very diverse company.
Pros
Great comapany
Cons
Some layoffs due to the oil and gas industry not doing very well
Employees
Accounting Associate Sr (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2016
The co-worker are great and great place to work. I was able to learn different job roles. We also had a lot of team building activites
worked in various weather conditions and plenty of freedom to work around the schedule
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 10, 2016
Preform various repairs on engines and gas compressors, including but not limited to regular scheduled servicing of plugs and filters and oil, and complete overhauls.
Pros
easy schedule to work around and good pay. company vehicle, phone and computer.
Cons
turn over rate very drastic, health insurance high, long hours
Fast paced, Good teammates
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMay 23, 2016
Overhaul V-12 natural gas fired compressor engines
teardown, inspect, order parts as needed, re assemble, test run, prep for transport storage
Pros
A Lot of knowledge, kept a decent supplu of needed materials and parts
Cons
Oilfield tanked, No ones job was safe, CEO should have communicated with regonal manager before layoffs, coroporate laid off people they shouldnt have, As per current management
Loved the job, sorry to have lost it. Made me a better employee.
Administrative Assistant Intermediate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2016
My day was always busy. I learned to manage my time and prioritize my work. I was given opportunity to broaden my horizons, learn new skills and improve skills I have. I worked with awesome people and we operated as a great team. My manager had high expectations, but gave us the support and tools to meet those expectations but was unforgiving of failure to meet expectations. In the long run, this made us try harder to succeed. The hardest part of the job was learning to prioritize, but always had support and encouragement to make the right decisions. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with and became friends with. I learned that working as a team and having each other's back in a crunch makes a work family not just a job.
Compensation and Benefits were bad
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2016
I worked for the company for over 5 years and it was a very long 5 years. I liked my immediate supervisor; however, it has been a revolving door. Very little advancement. Raises and promotions are hard to
Come by
Pros
Can't think of much
Cons
Benefits, No raises
was great till i got laid off
Emission Testing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2016
enjoyed the job but they shut down our group in downsizing initiative
. traveled lower states to do state and federal emission testing
Pros
good people
Cons
lots of travel lots of hours
Manager, Fleet Equipment (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAApril 21, 2016
Great place to work, competitive wages. Held off on the workforce reductions when all other oilfield companies were laying off. They are an employee oriented company.