ARCHSTONE Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLSeptember 21, 2016
My eleven years were very enjoyable and they gave me a great opportunity. The people I worked with always worked as a team and all the residents loved us.
Great Corporate Culture
Customer Service Supervisor/Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJuly 26, 2016
Very supportive in job growth and customer service driven. The management cared about their employees and wanted to make sure that everyone was comfortable with sharing their ideas and the number one goal was to be a team.
small ap department
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 12, 2016
small department was good for communication and training

co-workers were great

managment did not seem to understand what family life with spouse and children all involved
Pros
small department
Cons
long drive to get to work
Three-ring circus
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles CAMay 9, 2016
If you're into the corporate environment where you have to jump through hoops and office politics rule all, this would have been for you.
Pros
housing discounts
Cons
hostile office environment, growth is difficult
5 Stars
Resident Concierge/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 15, 2016
5 Stars. Excellent management. Excellent environment. Excellent networking. Excellent pay. Excellent benefits. Discounted living.

In order to excel in this position, you need to be personable and goal oriented. You need to be willing to go above and beyond for your residents and team. I wouldn't consider it a 'job', I would consider it a 'lifestyle' If helping other people makes you feel good inside, then this might be the job for you.
experience and learning
SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2015
It was the best experience and learning I have done, worked with some great people that were always willing to help in all aspects of the job.
Really supportive staff.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2015
Great company to work for. Management really had your back. Most resident were easy to get along with. Company really cared about resident.
Productive and fun place to work
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Studio City, CAOctober 8, 2014
Advancement, development
The initial training is wonderful
Pros
leasing office hours allow for a balance in work/ home
Cons
leasing can be quite difficult. constant availability
A Great company to mimic providing Excellent Customer Service
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 1, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the resident's happy expressions or reading their positive feedback about the place they call home. The sense of pride each resident has when a tour is given and a prospective resident is near. I know I have provided a place they love to come home to!
Not a friendly place
TAX ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Englewood COSeptember 9, 2014
There is no work and life balance that they profess to have. Management could care less about their employees .
Stepping Stone to Maintenance
Tech 1/ Porter (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJuly 17, 2014
Good overall experience, highly detail and well taught job duties. Not to overwhelming very organized look at maintenance field.
Fun place to work, Great Staff
Tech II (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAJune 29, 2014
Everyday at this job felt rewarding, I had never had a job in this field but, since I knew how to do this type of work from teaching myself around the house, they gave me a chance.
Pros
learned so much, met really great people
Cons
on call hours
Gorgeous office with wonderful incentives to offer
Leasing Expert (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 28, 2014
Every morning would start with making coffee and putting out cookies.
put out balloons, open models, open clubhouse, do a quick property check.

check voice mails, follow up on internet leads. Helped potential residents with they're questions & tour the property.

had a strong team of reliable & fun employees. Very beautiful property.
Pros
beautiful property, awesome employees, good company
Cons
a lot of reports of loud parties.
Great culture
Crewman (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMarch 12, 2014
You get to learn about land scape design and install process
Small business with great values
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 10, 2014
The company seemed to thrive producing large projects with a small work force. Great management, team work, and employees.
Fun, Exciting sales job!
Leasing Consultant/Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 29, 2013
Archstone-Smith taught me a lot about marketing, business, sales and customer delight. I was able to open and operate a Children's Resource Center on one of thier properties and really bring families together while building community relations.
Not good for the blue collar workers
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CADecember 2, 2013
If you indeed to work as a blue collar worker, expect not to be treat with respect or appreciated for your hard work. Working in the field at one of the properties I seen Managers and supervisors treat workers as slaves and get "kick-backs" from vendors. I was someone that wanted to work hard and make my way up the ladder but I was never recognized for my dedication and hard work, I only received write ups for not finishing work on-time. I am really glad I left, and feel really bad for those that have to stay. (Property in Ontario)
Pros
just a pay check.
Cons
ustable due to fear of management, crooked system, no morality
Management / Culture Friendly
Utility Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 22, 2013
I loved this company and the work I did here. I would have stayed if the company was not sold.

I started in a temporary administrative position which quickly became full time. I proved myself in the administrative role, continuely took on additional responsibility for this immediate manager beyond the scope of clerical, volunteered for company-wide events, and assisted another senior-level manager with a legislative reporting project. That was fun!

I transferred within the company to another department (utilities) , learned how that function supported the operations of the company, and developed a new skill set in vendor relationships, training, and resident billing.

The hardest part of this working experience was realizing a really great company was going away.
Pros
great culture & working environment, good benefits
Cons
company was sold
Productivity of work place.
Porter/ Maintenance Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 14, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of myself getting in at work at 6 AM. I would clean the lobby, office and common areas. I would also go around cleaning around the property and learning maintenance from working on units. I learned some electrical work, chemical uses and time management. Management was ok for what it was. I got along with all my co workers. Hardest part of the job was trying getting use to all different types of units that we had to work on. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday and know that I could help them out with what ever problem they had in or around their unit.
Pros
co workers that were willing to help.
Cons
short breaks, rude management at times.
Best place I ever worked
Senior Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 6, 2013
Best place I ever worked. Had to be let go when wall street should have been put in jail

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARCHSTONE. Our community is ready to answer.