Archway Merchandising Services Employee Reviews

productive
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MIDecember 30, 2016
learn to pick,pack and ship your orders
how to recieve in orders
great work enviroment
great management
great learning experience
Pros
benefits, full time
Fast paced, productive, advancement
Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, MNDecember 29, 2016
Easy company to work with, great people, overall this is a great company. i loved working with mangaement dept. as well as all of the other departments. i love working with customers, but sometimes you can get those customers that could be tough at times.
Pros
advancement within the company
Nice place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 7, 2016
Good staff .nice hours and pay ,nice clean healthy environment to work in. long lunch and breaks holiday pay health care some over time. Rewards for good jobs done.
Great Staffing Service
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 19, 2016
Peoplelink Staffing Service is one of the best agencies for finding employment for people. The staff are kind, considerate to your specific job goals and efficient locating job placement.
Offsite positions are very disconnected
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 31, 2016
Had a position in the NC office and finding support from main office staff was impossible. Changing contract and poor management hires left coordinators to take blame as new requirements were not communicated. In the three years I stayed with Archway, we had four different managers and a revolving door of temps. I primarily stayed due to family issues and no time to look for another position. As soon as I was able to leave, I left!
Pros
Lots of time to play Candy Crush.
Cons
Poor management hires, no support from home office supervisors.
Unprofessional Operations Manager
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVOctober 16, 2016
This is the worst company I have worked for. My first impressions when I walked in the warehouse was dark and dirty with fast food bags littering the floors. The Operations Manager was tall and would stand behind you and degrade and try to intimidate you.
Pros
Cons
leadership
A Toxic Environment
Royalties Accountant for Microsoft (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDSeptember 27, 2016
This review isn't really about Archway Marketing Services, it is about working for Microsoft. Archway is a service provider that does the accounting for Microsoft.

A typical day at work meant preparing Excel spreadsheets, analyzing account variances, and preparing reports as requested by management.

The environment was toxic, as there was little training or communication from management. The lead accountant for Microsoft expected us to read her mind. She actually chewed me out for not completing a report on time, when I had actually completed it a day early. When informed of this fact, no apology was forthcoming.

Also, we were doing tasks everyday that were not our responsibility. And these tasks were resulting in the team being behind and getting demerits, when it was actually other departments that were not getting their stuff done. No dissent was permitted, nor were suggestions to improve processes considered even though they paid Ernst & Young to come in and they made the same suggestions.

A total waste of time, unless you like sitting at your desk for 8-13 hours and just plugging away at spreadsheets.

Oh, and one guy quit 3 times and they called him and begged him to come back. And then they promoted him. Seriously, you have problems when employees act like that.
Pros
On-campus cafeteria is awesome
Cons
Management, lack of training
Depends how fake you can be
Operator (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJuly 26, 2016
If you kiss the right butt and constantly walk into the managers office every two minutes to gossip and complain about other coworkers, you'll do great. The only good thing about this job was one manager and a group of employees. Everything else is terrible. It is a high school filled with overweight people who have been there for 30 years with no raise. They are extremely bored people who will do anything to get you in trouble or scolded at. Dirty dirty management who will try to brainwash you into thinking you cant get a job anywhere else. Its weird there. Couple cool coworkers but other than that, just complete melancholy. Plus if you don't work 20 hours of overtime a week "You are an underachiever and a loser." That was an actual quote that the warehouse manager sent out to everybody. Garbage job.
Pros
Work party's - outside of work.
Cons
Everything. Dont work there. No raises, even if you advance.
The job was very flexible.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 16, 2015
I really enjoyed going to the different sites and interacting with the different managers. I liked the different variety of plans during the holidays for the sites.
Company is a joke
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHNovember 4, 2015
This company has to be one of the worst company to do things ever when it comes to the supervisor they hire to raises they give out i heard they didnt give a raise to the whole company there after 6 years can you believe that and somebody who been there for 15 years said if they find a job paying 13 they would leave the place if your in college its a good place to work but if you are trying to bulit a carreer or provide for a family stay far away
Pros
Work partys
Cons
Healthcare, pay, raises, supervisor, pto
Fast Paced and Exciting
Inventory Control Associate/ Receiving/ Line Lead (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 23, 2015
The Las Vegas warehouse works with many companies including; AT&T and Lowes. Typical work day would start at 7am receive our project assignments any other information needed for that day, most projects are separated in to days of the week.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
Vegas heat
Great Co-Workers
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 16, 2015
I am surrounded by amazing colleagues who are eager to help out. The office dress is casual while the environment is completely professional.
Very productive workplace with an extensive workload
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNJune 22, 2015
A typical day would include booting up two laptops that would be consistently worked on throughout the work day.

The management was helpful in assisting me with questions I had as needed. I was able to mainly work independently as well as provide reporting statistics to the client on a daily basis without issue. A close relationship with IT was helpful to work out any bugs or database system issues, when they occurred.
Pros
Free lunchs periodically. Recognition from clients and internal management.
Cons
Not much recognition from fellow employees. Not much time allowed for getting to know them.
New Company
Laborer (Current Employee) –  NewnanJune 18, 2015
Typical day at work is routine and repetitive.
Although this job does not have a lot of potential for growth it is a good company to learn work ethic and the politics of the business world. I would recommend it for anyone under the age of 25.
Pros
Nice co workers, young environment
Cons
Short breaks/lunches, boring work
the worst place ever to work at i wouldn't even tell a friend about it
packer (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GaApril 23, 2015
its a good environment but they need to change alot of things you got team leads and supervisor sleeping together. then the supervisor has a real bad attitude and talk to you any kind of way but thats ok cause you get treated how you treat others. they wonder why bad things happen to them cause look how you do others
Pros
its a easy job
Cons
the fact your not garunteed a fulltime position, no raise or nothing, but they expect you to work hard, then its alot of if you don't wanna be disappointed then this job is really not for anyone
Okay place to work if you never want a raise.
Operations/ Receiving (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 16, 2015
The people you work with directly are for the most part great people and hard workers. Your leads and supervisors typically have less knowledge of the job than you. They've just recently said no raises for the year of 2015, which is from what I understand to be typical for this corporation. I advise unless you are desperate for a job that will not care about you, to just keep on looking. It was a learning experience I am grateful for but its time to get out.
Pros
Health insurance, 401k
Cons
Just about everything else
It was good place to work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNMarch 6, 2015
one thing I like the best about archway is the work hours they have which was 7am-3:30pm Monday - Friday for first shift was great for my schedule. I learned how to do multiple jobs like picking and packing other things as well. The management needs to get better like some managers need to be well trained or at least know what's going on or something. The co-workers were great and welling to help each other when needed help. The hardest part was working with new manager or having five different managers in two years. The breaks were the most enjoyable thing for me and not working weekends. I like working there a lot but I don't like having so many different managers there.
Pros
Giving out gift for hard working people
Cons
The point system sucks
Great career step
IT (Current Employee) –  ArchwayFebruary 27, 2015
Typically, I work on a very diverse group of tickets daily ranging from route/switch work to PC hardware and software deployments. I am the primary for printers, wireless, RF tech in the warehouse, and am directly responsible for two locations. Since starting here, I have expanded my Cisco iOS understanding as well as my skills with printers, print servers, inventory management, and wireless design. In the nearly four years I have been here, my only consistent management has been my direct manager while the director and CIO have been cycled in and out multiple times. We have recently been "restructuring" which brings a general feeling of unease but I feel that my position is quite secure since I am the only one that does what I do here. This has been an amazing learning experience and has allowed me not only to work full time but attend school for my CSC degree as well. I will take a lot of very valuable knowledge away from this position once I leave.
Pros
Diverse workload, reliable manager
Cons
Benefits cut to the bone, internal power struggles
Ownership transition
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  USAFebruary 21, 2015
Investor transition and volatility at the top leadership positions over the last few years have been challenging. Layoffs, financial pressure etc. That seems to have been stabilized by the new CEO. He has turned over large amount of the management team; now there is a sense of looking forward.
Pros
Challenge, opportunity for learning
Cons
Compensation, work-life, turmoil.
Rotating Door/ No appreciation/ Poor Raises
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Rogers, MNFebruary 17, 2015
I have worked for the company 4years now, and ive seen little to no improvements. Upper management needs to get off their high horses. Constant shuffling of CEO's and investors. Each one has a new "plan" for the company which invovles kicking employees to the curb. They call it "cutting cost" but in reality it just creates a more stressful, demanding, unrealistic job environment for the remaining employees.
Pros
Alot of good employees
Cons
Upper Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Archway Merchandising Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9