Archway Employee Reviews in United States

I learnt a great deal in this job
Residential support worker (Former Employee) –  AberdeenMarch 23, 2016
A typical day at work either started at 730am and ended at 330pm, or it started at 3.00pm and ended at 10.30pm. Every day was varied, I learnt patience, tolerance and to work in a stressful environment. I learnt to work under pressure. The management varied, some were excellent, some were not supportive. Switching off after a hard day at work was really hard. I enjoyed spending time with the Service users doing social activities.
Pros
Going on holiday with Service Users, going to social activities such as the cinema
Cons
Hard stressful job which did not compensate you enough
Excellent Company to work for
Application Support Group Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 5, 2016
I only left due to relocation for my spouse's job, it's a great company with many driven individuals. There is a lot of professional growth and a great team atmosphere.
Productive work place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNMarch 25, 2016
Highly productive company that uses modern technology to fulfill orders in the gift card industry. Has a large warehouse with many forklifts and aisles.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks favoritism
I enjoyed working with children
Cook/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, IL 62903April 4, 2016
I worked with children teaching them the basic learning skills that they needed to learn. We did art projects, learning the alphabet. I also cooked the lunches and served the children
My Review
Material handler/fulfillment clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 23, 2016
Archway is a good place to learn. Management is averagely fair, and work is fast paced at times. My co-workers are good people.
Great people to work with.
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Rogers, MNFebruary 6, 2013
* A typical day consists of client interaction, answering questions, entering orders, assisting with procedures by either phone or email. Managing the support email and responding within 24 hours. Managing out going deliveries and making sure they were completed. Monthly reporting as well as year end reporting.
Running reports, helping with QBR's.
* I learned that the client is the most important and if they aren't happy with us, they will be with someone else.
* Management changed a year ago and the style of managing was very different from what we were use to. Hard to get along with them.
* co-workers were great, fun people.
* Hardest part was a change in responsibilities additional ones added to the current ones. Couldn't get everything done in a day which resulted in long hours, weekend, and Holiday working. No balance between work and home.
* Enjoyed the balance before the new responsibilities.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
employees not being recognized for doing well, no raises
Good benefits
Staff Mark (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 4, 2016
Good coworkers that don' mind stepping up to help out with orders to be filled and shipped out correctly. Very respectful, strong, and easy job to learned different tasks.
wouldn't reccomend this job to any educated adults
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIOctober 21, 2012
Ok job if you just graduated from high school. The place overall is pretty much a joke. They treat you like a little kid and expect you to raise your hand and ask permission to use the restroom. It's absolutely nowhere to grow within the call center. The communication between management and employees is horrible. The training sucks. Their motto is pretty much if you don't like rules then get another job. And that's exactly what I did!
Pros
good benefits
Very good place to enhance your career, very strict on being at work no matter what.
Processor/Packer (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GANovember 2, 2013
I processed gift cards for companies all around Georgia. I was top Packer and received a few raises with my time with the company. The management were straight forward and strict with their polices, did not want employees who had to miss work with either being sick or having kids. I believe that was the hardest part of the job. I saw a lot of co-workers come and go but the ones who stayed worked well with others. We were a team.
productive
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 6, 2015
it was a great company i learned alot at this company and i was also certified to be a forklift operator it was great pay and company was well organized.
Productive work enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 16, 2015
Very busy work schedule. Phone conference every morning with the Bakery Plant in Kitchener, ON. to maintain deliveries and line productions of different brands of cookies to go to each location in a timely manner. Building relationships with all the buyers for the different stores across Canada. Co-workers and management all worked together to maintain the accuracy of every account under Archway/Mothers cookies.
Pros
Blue jean Fridays upbeat enviornment
Cons
Business closed
Client driven employment
Customer Service/Program Management (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 19, 2014
Archway offers contracted employment with many retailers. A typical day in the position that I held is answering emails received from the client. Submitting promotions for shipping. Trouble shooting any development issues with end users. Confirmation of all inventory.

Management was not on a scale for accountability and training for certain positions. Training should always be an on-going process. This company does not invest in proper training.

During my tenure in this position, I have learned organizational discipline, time management, meeting quick turn-a-round deadlines, availability to the client, proactive thinking.

I enjoyed working with all my co-workers. Not just me immediate team but additional teams that I interacted with on a daily basis. We were successful when all came together to meet deadlines.

The hardest part of the job was inadequate training. I learned the position by default and errors, which is not good for the client.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working directly with the client. I built a solid working relationship with the client. Knowing the do's and don'ts and being proactive when issues would arise. Solving the problem before it became a problem.
Pros
working with different teams, social events with co-workers
Cons
benefits, no pay increase last 2 years, management accountablilty to employees
very comfortable work place just not so stable
Production worker (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 22, 2015
this job allows you too work different positions. one day you may run the line ,pick,pack,make boxes, or make pallets. you get to use different strengths and the environment is very friendly
Pros
good break times
Cons
not dependable
Excellent place to work
District Sales Manager / Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 21, 2013
Worked with grocers on a daily basis to build sales. Learned about the different ways of path to market. Management was very fair. Co-workers were excellent to work with. The hardest part of the job was the travel. The best part of the job was the work schedule.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits
Cons
excessive travel
No culture and no moral
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNJuly 25, 2015
Owned by a private equity so you feel just like a number. No corporate mission or culture.

Co-workers are the only thing great about Archway. Hard working and dedicated. Too bad they are not compensated appropriately.
Fulfillment Distribution Center
operation administrator, shipping department (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 14, 2015
My typical day at work may vary depending on the volume of work, but it can get hectic and busy at times. However, I do like this type of work environment makes my day go fast.
I had the opportunity to learn different roles in the time I've been working for this company, and do like what I do for the most part even though it can get stressful at times.
The majority of my co-workers in my area are very helpful in answering questions if something that I'm not aware comes up, team players, willing to teach/train in different areas or new jobs, and supported.
My supervisors are always there to help and answer questions when I'm in need of assistance, and most important appreciated of what I accomplish. Therefore, that's the most enjoyable part of my job to make sure they are happy with what I do.
Pros
attendance bonus, plenty of time off (vacation time)
Lots of great people
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rogers, MNMay 14, 2013
The people is what makes this company. Lots of people working together to face all the challenges and opportunities that come up in a day.
Pros
great people
Cons
medical benifits
Fantastic Potential - Incompetent Upper Management
Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2014
Typical Day: No direction, no support, succeed despite being setup for failure, no reward, management has no desire to address core areas of concern in order to be successful. This is throughout the organization and not specific to my team.

What you Learned: Watch out for new Upper Management coming in and firing all management to bring in their own people. If you are not positioned for success - get. out.

Management: What management? They do not understand the business they are over.

Co-Workers: Fantastic. Amazing. Only reason I stayed as long as I did.

Hardest Part: Dealing with Upper Management and their Clueless execution of their roles. Continuously explaining my teams responsibilities over... and over... and over without ever executing a corporate strategy to support.

Most Enjoyable Part: My team. Beginning. Middle. and End.
Pros
great people
Cons
incompetent upper management
Great place to work, with great people.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 20, 2015
Archway is a great place to work. Everybody if friendly, and is willing to help when you need it. Even though there is plenty of work to do, there is never a dull moment once you get to know the others around you.
Family atmosphere
CUSTOMER CARE ASSOC (Former Employee) –  ROMULUS,MI.January 28, 2015
A typical day at work was someone always had an irate customer and we knew how to deal with them because mostly it would be the same issue. I really enjoyed my job and the co-workers management team. The hardest part of the job would be hearing that someone lost their life of in the hospital because of the product.