ArcLight Cinemas

ArcLight Cinemas United States Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace with minimal management help
Crew Member (Former Employee), El Segundo, CASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: free movies!!
Cons: most of the times it's really hard to get someone to cover your lunch break
Working there was fun. Meet some great co-workers that turned to good friends. The enviorment was great. Slow on certain times but when the paced kicked up you had to be on your toes.
Fun place to work, fellow crew members were always energetic, interesting and unique type of guests.
Lead, Projection Lead (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 31, 2014
Pros: free movie tickets and half off concessions
Cons: weekends and holidays are mandatory availability.
It was a fun place to work, it's fast paced and keeps you busy. Management could be better though.
Lead, Projection Lead (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 31, 2014
Pros: free movie tickets and half off concessions
Cons: weekends and holidays are mandatory availability.
I loved working at the Arclight Pasadena, it was one of those jobs that you just can't help but enjoy. The lobby could be empty with no one coming to see a movie but that could change in a matter of minutes, so you always had to be ready to go. Interacting with hundreds of guests per day definitely helped me be more outgoing, and talkative, I used to be rather shy but the job forces you out of your shell. Management was a little rough, I understood that they were trying and they were doing the best to their abilities but there were always some questionable decisions. But what the managers lacked your fellow crew members made up for; the leads were always on point and made sure the place ran smoothly, and your other crew were always fun to work with. The hardest part of any new job is learning the new areas and all the ins and outs of the job, but every bit of it is enjoyable.
terrible place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAAugust 9, 2013
Pros: free movies, flexible schedule
Cons: bad management, unhelpful staff, stressfull
at first the job seems fun, but it quickly turns from fun to horrible. the managers are not helpful at all and leave all the work up to the crew they are unorganized, and practice extreme favoritism. working at arclight is like selling your soul to the devil and is not worth it at all . sometimes the crew is not even helpful. the amount of stress this job comes with is just not worth it .
Educational and great foundation.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Hollywood, CAJanuary 24, 2013
I have learned a lot about myself and the film business. The management is supportive and willing to teach you. The hardest part about the job is when a guest doesn't like a film. The most enjoyable part about the job is seeing all the happy faces on your fellow crew and the guests.
Great College Job!
Qual Coordinator / Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Hollywood, CADecember 31, 2012
Pros: celebrity sightings, free popcorn & movies, above min. wage
Cons: long hours, you do work holidays, no benefits
Typical day at work as a runner involves popping popcorn and cleaning up theaters. Qual coordinators and managers oversee a large group of team members as well as have their own personal projects to manage in office. Not much room for advancement though. However, pay is over minimum wage, so great for a college kid. Hardest part is working holidays and the long hours you put in working on your feet. Most enjoyable part is the friendships you 'll make while working here, free popcorn & movies, and the nightly celebrity sightings.
I LOVED working here but was let go for a horrid reason.
Greeter (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 11, 2012
I loved loved loved working here and wished to advance in the company. The staff is great the environment is great and the managers are cool to work with. But I got fired for something that was out of my control. Went home to visit parents and due to snow the freeways were closed and I couldn't get back. ArcLight could have verified my story with ANY CHP website but instead they didn't say a word. I drove back all the way the next day for work and they let me change into my uniform AND clock in before they told me they were letting me go. Unfortunate I loved this job.
Dynamic, Fast Paced, Challenging, Educational
Special Event and Catering Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CaliforniaJuly 2, 2012
Arclight Cinemas is a luxury movie theater brand and was the first of its kind in Southern California. All reserved seating, state of the art black box theaters with best in class picture and sound. A full service cafe and bar, retail store, special events business and fine art exhibits combine to create an environment that offers a unique and engaging movie experience. I started as a cinema crew member performing the duties required for everyday operation of a movie theater like ushering guests and working concessions. My years of restaurant experience allowed me to quickly transition into a position supporting the daily oversight of our very busy cafe/bar. Arclight's unique approach to business management creates opportunities for advancement from within the organization. I took full advantage moving quickly from the role of crew member to manager. As a manager I was responsible for the daily operation of a 15 screen theater as well as the cafe operation. I also had the opportunity to work with our studio partners to plan and execute special events like movie screenings and red carpet premieres. My work as the Manager of Special Events and Catering was both the most challenging and enjoyable part of my job. I loved the faced paced and dynamic nature of special events. The challenge of managing client relationships, juggling multiple priorities at once and doing it all with an attention to detail that ensures 100% success.