ARCO

ARCO Employer Reviews

Work Experience
Store Manager (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CANovember 7, 2014
Great job experience and the pay was good. The typical day for a store manager was busy and there room for job growth.
Fun
Manager (Former Employee), Westminster, CAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: getting to enjoy working with people who is fun and energetic.
Cons: having to deal with broken gas pumps and crazy customers.
Fun and getting to know customers on a daily basis. Going to work with a team that's there and willing to put in the effort of working as a teamwork.
Active place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Gresham, OROctober 8, 2014
Pros: free coffee or other drinks.
Cons: no breaks, no lunch.
A typical day of work would be to help costumer who were either buying products from the store or simply buying was as fast as possible and being friendly so they could feel comfortable.
I learned that many of the customers liked to be treated nicely and many liked to maintain a friendly conversation.
Co-workers are great, if you keep a good working – more... relationship with them it will keep you happy.
The hard part of my job is to keep calm when bad customers come in to either try to argue on even the smallest mistake co-workers make and try to explain that they try their best to keep them (customers) satisfied.
The fun part is talking to customers you learn about them and they learn about you. I'm able to maintain a nice customer relationship with the majority of them. – less
Loyal Customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free product like, soda, coffee etc.
Cons: not enough work to do
This job is ok, I need a better suited job to better stimulate my skills and mind.
Had a lot of fun in my workplace, Arco is a good place to get job skills
Cashier (Former Employee), Aptos, CASeptember 24, 2014
A typical day was working with a lot of customers, i learned to be fast paste, all my co-workers were fun and responsible. The most hardest thing in my job was working with multiple customers put it was always done with a great positive attitude.
N/A
Foreman in Hydrocracker (Current Employee), Cherry Point Refinery, Blaine, WAAugust 23, 2014
Pros: operations and shop technicians take great ownership.
Cons: bp's expertise is not in refining and it is proven frequently.
manage a crew of 7-10 operators adhering to the HSSE policies and Volumetric plan set.
fast paced
cashier (Former Employee), 3860 Old Town San Diego CaJuly 27, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: short breaks, no lunch break
It was an enjoyable job, the most enjoyable was the customer friendships that were made, i was happy to know my customers trusted me. A normal day is working the cash registers and cleaning, the biggest part of my job is to have great customer service skills and up-selling of products.
Wonderful.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 3, 2014
Pros: happy environment, good benefits, well paid.
Cons: none.
This would have been the company to retire from. Excellent benefits, good co-workers, good supervision, happy transcriptionists that worked hard and paid well.
fast pace fun place to work and there is always something to do.
General Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, CAMay 6, 2014
Pros: meet a lot of new people and there is always something to do
Cons: never really get to take a lunch
my day starts with a store walk
then I start my paperwork do the vend check in orders do invoicing make sure the crew is doing what they are suppose to do
helping them upsell bank deposits writing checks scheduling payroll keeping product on the floor with the right pricing and with the right margins
Good job great customers could use new managment.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Vacaville, CAApril 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch & great customers
Cons: no managment.
I very much enjoyed working here. I loved the customers and even a few of my co-workers. Management on the other hand was anything but. The manager was new and it showed. She got walked all over and me being the new girl became the scapegoat. Needless to say I did not enjoy that aspect, but besides that I have no complaints. Go Arco!
Gave generous award ceremonies every 6 months. Supervisor would take managers out to eat twice a month.
Central Dispatch, Dispatcher (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 27, 2014
Great company to work for . Proud to have worked for them. They proved they're willing to try different ideas with management to further success not only for management, but for entire company.
very technical environment
Employee Information Services (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAMarch 24, 2014
ARCO Employ Information Services was a good place to work. Management were good,unfortunately it was purchased by BP (British Petroleum) and they said, IT is not our core business and theyt outsourced the IT.
Fun job
Retail Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 21, 2014
Good place to work, just I decided to change from service to Pharmacy Industry.
Horrible work ethic
Store Attendant (Former Employee), Dundee, ORMarch 4, 2014
Working there was disastrous and brought me down. Customers are rude, and employees are just the same. No body there cares about what they do and they go through the same employees over and over. There are no benefits, no breaks, and no kindness.
Fuel Attendant (Former Employee), Bend, ORFebruary 24, 2014
Fuelling up peoples personal vehicles, gas cans, boats, etc..
Easy, repetative
Assistant Manager/ Cashier (Current Employee), Livermore, CAFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: pay raises, overtime, healthcare
Things that make the job hard or stressful is either someone calls in sick or doesn't show up for their shift or doesn't do their work at all. For the most part everyone gets along okay.
cashier
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: no free money
Cons: no hike in money
got to learn more customer service and gas prices. nothing more to know lot of work depend on customer volume every day.
great working environment, benefits
Senior Analyst Oil and Gas (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 23, 2013
Pros: work out room, lunch in building, great benefits, challanging job
Cons: company sould off
Great working environment, benefits
company no longer exists.
too bad, a great company to work form
no job security
Store general manager (Former Employee), woodland hills CAOctober 14, 2013
managing employees on daily basis
training and hiring new employees
customer service
and many more
starts my day with a smile getting along good with my co workers set up and ready for a positive day at the work place...
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CASeptember 26, 2013
Managing the store,by giving assignments to cashiers,stockersand other staff.How to delegate ,and manage my time in a orderly fashion.I worked with a great group of co-workers,we worked well together ,even on hectic days,and slow days.Making stuff decisions in hectic situations dealing with the public,and staff.When we all have a productive Day.

1 2 3