Arconic Employee Reviews

Terrible place
Inspector General (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOJanuary 15, 2018
They treat their people like slaves. They work you in terrible hot and cold conditions. They lie to you. They want you to liefor them in order to keep your job. You are asked to back date work orders from the government.
Pros
Decent benifits
Cons
Terrible working conditions
Used to be a good company to work for
X-ray Technician (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 12, 2018
Don't work here unless you like not having a life. Money is not everything
You work 12 hour days one week then next week you work 10 hour days 4pm TO 2am no life!!!!
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Management, Management is Awful
Good place
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Niles, OHJanuary 10, 2018
Not a bad place to work. It is face paced but good people and good benefits. Just a lot of broke equipment that needs repaired. I do like the people and the money is very good.
Full of themselves
Technician (Current Employee) –  Whitehall, MIJanuary 4, 2018
No advancement. If you are good At your job then you are stuck. They won't let you leave that position to better your career. They also lie in the interview process then when you start the job you find out too late.
Pros
No supervision
Cons
No supervision
solid environment to learn but no where to grow
Finance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alcoa, TNJanuary 3, 2018
A number of good people to work. The main downside for me is that there was no opportunity to move from contract to a full time employee. The mangers are normally fair and helpful.
Pros
Chance to learn
Great place to get exposure and learn.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 30, 2017
Started as a dimensional inspector and finished as a source inspector but internally only. Near my final year it was persuaded to me that soon there will be changes but those changes never came. That is why I left.

All in all great place to get exposure and then if the opportunity comes then leave.
Unless you are willing to live there it’s not worth it
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IADecember 28, 2017
They expect you to spend many many hours a day, 10+ hours daily. Management doesn’t know anything. When I returned from maternity leave I was ignored and basically shamed for taking the time off and needing to pump. When I would need to take time off for dr appts or emergencies I was shamed again. They have very poor employee relationships.
Pros
Lunch our wasn't long enought
Structural Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  LaPorte County, INDecember 26, 2017
I love the job but my contact ended and there was no opening availability so I was told to follow up on indeed and reapply if something comes up that I like.
Pros
Lunch room to small
Cons
Great health care available in
There are much better companies.
CNC VTL MACHINIST (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CADecember 24, 2017
I started at AFSR Fontana when it was still Firth Rixson at $14.50 with 2 years experience. I learned much from the diverse work and gained essential experience setting up, operating and editing programs. I got laid off with many others in 2016 at $17.25, as part of Arconic's failed attempt to ship work out of the country to save money. Well that didn't work and now there bringing it back in an attempt to recuperate losses. I briefly considered going back and spoke to my old Manager and supervisor in 2017, they offered me $18.80, I turned it down. I'm 24 and now I make $26 hourly. They are much better companies then Arconic, don't settle for less, success is just a step away.
Pros
Benefits, Diverse Work, Experience to be gained
Cons
Short breaks, low wages, poor management, no security
Culture is not innovative...
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 21, 2017
Managers do not recognize or have the skills to help drive a culture of innovation and new product development. There is no clear strategy or mission to the company and career growth is based only on who you know.
a pathetic place to work!
NDT Level II Inspector (Former Employee) –  Wicitita Falls TxDecember 19, 2017
management are a bunch of jerks! only out for themselves! don't know how to run the place at all! a lot of favoritism with in the company! way to much over time, no family values!!
Stay away !
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Nash, TXDecember 17, 2017
Stay away from this location! Management is nothing short of horrible. The only good part about this job is the 4 on 4 off work schedule, and even then because of the fact that they can’t keep people you’re probably gonna be forced to work all of your off days. Not bad if you like overtime, but if you actually value your home/family time this probably won’t work for you. Their are not shift supervisors, just union hands with a little more authority that the production supervisor treats like absolute trash,so more than likely you’ll be treated like trash as a result of their displeasure with him. I could go on forever, but just do yourself a favor and stay away, or you’ll run the risk of looking for another job in a few weeks
Pros
Not much
Cons
Pretty much everything
Great collaborative work environment
Senior Executive Assistant / Chief of Staff (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2017
Great collaborative work environment with nice people. Kept you busy, but able to sign off when needed. Ability to work remotely was a huge bonus. Great benefits.
Long term employees do not fit in the company
Quality Representative (Former Employee) –  Big Lake, MNDecember 12, 2017
New management does not value long term employees. They are looking for new employees to fill positions. Experience is not a requirement and will attempt to train rather than keeping the experience
Revolving door
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PADecember 9, 2017
You have a revolving door policy at Arconic. And they Loose very good workers yearly. I trained to be a CNC operator - seams like a waste of time learning this now.
Poor Management and Lazy Union workers that whine
First Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHDecember 5, 2017
Management has no concept of quality or how to treat first line supervisors fairly and with respect. You have no life working 50 plus hours every week, mandatory meetings on your days off. Low salary compared to industry standards. Union workers are lazy an complain about everything related to actually performing their job.
They always take too long breaks and do half _ss work. They never give an honest 8 hours of work. They are always are hiring supervisors due to a high turn over rate...... too much stress and poor management.
Pros
Cons
everthing
Worst place to work
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INDecember 5, 2017
Tough job and poor management. Long days and no life outside of work. Worked 12 hr. shift supervisor didn't know what he was doing department suffered. Compensation was great.
Contract Review Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CADecember 1, 2017
Great place to work. Enjoyed the experience and the people I worked with. I will always remember my time there. Throughout my career there I learned many new job skills in a new and exciting field that I previously had not knowledge of. I appreciate the experience and training I received and will now use it towards my search in finding a similar career where I can utilize my skills.
CNC operator (Former Employee) –  La Porte, INDecember 1, 2017
As long as you keep your head down and do your job, you are like gold to the company. As soon as you get on the radar, watch out. I felt the politics in that place were very strong. I know that's almost anywhere you go but, this place is very strong in that department. They have gotten a lot worse with keeping the moral of the employees up over the years.
Run
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2017
This company can seldom retain employees for more than 6 months. Most employees have their positions because they know someone, not because they are qualified. You are held responsible.for others work even though you have bo authority over them. Management makes decisions, then blames the employees when it doesn't work. Good benefits, but VERY poor management and culture.
Benefits
Cons
Management, short tenures

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arconic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7