Arctic Cat, Inc. Employee Reviews

Love the Arctic Cat culture
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Theif river falls MinnesotaOctober 23, 2017
At least when you're working with this company feels like you're working with family and it's always end in even pace I always bounced around in different spots just to try to learn something new
Pros
Good pay good work environment
Cons
Layoffs
Fun products
Sr. Commodity Manager (Former Employee) –  Thief River Falls, MNSeptember 22, 2017
I enjoyed working in a fast paced environment. The product life cycle is shorter than most industries so new product introduction is critical to be successful in this business.
Pros
Fun products
Cons
Location was remote - Northern Minnesota
During summer, the plant temperature goes up, but supervisor make sure to provide cold drinks. production is usually high.
Robotic Machine Operator and Welder (Former Employee) –  Thief River Falls, MNSeptember 8, 2017
Great work environment and would recommend to anyone. management is great, supervisors that I interacted with were good in their job duties and responsibilities.
Fast paced, great people
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Thief River Falls, MNJuly 30, 2017
I enjoyed my co workers and my supervisors at Arctic cat. Even though we worked in a fast paced environment, and were always busy, it was always enjoyable to be there. Though I had to leave due to being a high risk pregnancy they were very understanding and treated me like family!
Great place to work.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Thief River Falls, MNJune 20, 2017
I really enjoyed my time working here, sure it;s just basic assembly work, but the people there are very interesting and I enjoyed getting to know everyone in my area.
Morale is low, and opportunity for growth is limited. Also has poor management.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Thief River Falls, MNJune 17, 2017
Indecisive management makes progression limited and process improvement non existent. Company needs a restructure in order to truly survive. There are a lot dedicated hard working employees that are falling victim to poor choices by upper management, creating a very low morale and negative environment to work in.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Communication, management, negetivity, no growth oppurtunity, no raises
company with a long history of pride in its product
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHJune 6, 2017
Daily challenges to supply dealer network with product to ensure the customers could continue using their product. The hardest part of the job was blending all the different personalities of the employees to ensure that orders were filed promptly and accurately.
Pros
very clean work environment
Cons
Lack of upper management communication
Good ppl to work with
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Thief River Falls, MNApril 18, 2017
Alot of great ppl to work with when i first started great job overall 50+ hours a week good money as of 2016 theres not much work anymore (bad) leadership and comunication there alot of ppl that should not be leaders wasting company time and money. Hopefully soon to change with the textron specailized vehicles perchase of arctic.
Cons
Work hours
Freedom, pride in work
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Thief River Falls, MNMarch 26, 2017
My direct supervisor and my boss were both great and easy to get along with. Very independent work environment, no micro managing. As long as job was complete, free time could be spent on any project as long as it was beneficial to the company.
Fun
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Thief River Falls, MNFebruary 27, 2017
Fun you never know if you don't get shut down for work all week long the break ain't long it makes to be a long day
I liked people I worked with
They have a cafateria
Sewing Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Thief River Falls, MNFebruary 12, 2017
I like my job it is challenging and fast paced
I have learned everything I know from Arctic Cat
My manager thought me everything I know. She is patien
Pros
They yoga
Cons
They just got bought out by textron
Great co-workers, very bad benefits
BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Thief River Falls, MNFebruary 9, 2017
Great co-workers, very bad benefits, No 401K employer contribution, very high Health insurance premiums.

ECO and CFO is driving company out business.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
Very bad benefits
Okay
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MN 56301February 7, 2017
I was temp and enjoyed the other employees more than the work. Work though was interesting and they have an interesting way of how they build the engines. Not everyday do you get to work due to the lack of the product ordering person.
Fun and interesting place to work
Supervisor in Training (Former Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHJanuary 20, 2017
The place is a fast moving job with a lot of walking and climbing stairs. People are crossed trained to work in different departments so the is little down time.
Pros
discounts
Cons
lay offs
Factory Work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Thief River Falls, MNJanuary 15, 2017
The job was not a hard one, very repetitious, would be very hard on someone with carp tunnel. The biggest issue with arctic cat is the winter lay off and rarely getting 40 hours a week as parts have run out, not come in, or been determined to be of low quality, so would be sent home early if this happened.
Overall good place. Stay away from HR
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Thief River Falls, MNDecember 14, 2016
Worked in several departments through out 30 years.Most recent logistics. Co-Workers were great. Job was very demanding and challenging fast paced, loved the challenge.HR department horrible, upper management doesn't care they are located 250 miles away.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hr
Fun place to work with exciting new products being introduced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thief River Falls, MNOctober 21, 2016
Arctic Cat is a fun place tow work. The products they make are like toys for most people. They manufacture ATV's, SXS, and snowmobiles.

The workers are very dedicated but management doesn't seem to value to workers like they should or like other companies do.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing employees take price in the product they are producing and the joy it brings owners who own Arctic Cat products.
Pros
Use of recreational products
Cons
Sales are very cyclical
Productive and fun work place
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Thief River Falls, MNJuly 10, 2016
Great place to learn and grow with a good culture but really behind in process procedures and employees development plan
fast past working eniroment
Assembler, (Former Employee) –  Thief River Falls, MNFebruary 21, 2016
A fast past working environment. Job duties usually was to assemble parts or snow mobile, operate painting machine. inspect finishes, help others with organizing equipment's.
It takes a certain person
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Deadhorse, AKOctober 5, 2015
Working for them was an experience, everyone was nice and tried their best to help me adapt to the harsh environment that was working on the north slope. Honestly the pay was great and the benefits were outstanding. I'm just not the right for such a job though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arctic Cat, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9