Ardagh Group Employee Reviews

wine bottle packaging
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CASeptember 23, 2016
work hours were always available with short breaks in between
of course it can tend to get boring with just standing all day with watching wine bottles rotate on the conveyor belt all day
Horrible Management
IS MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Dolton, ILSeptember 6, 2016
Unstructured Mangament that point fingers and not investigate, very disrespectful to union employees. Dolton plant is very UNSAFE, it has a history of being the worse in the company with everything!!!!!
Pros
$ is good!
Cons
Swing shift no life, unstable enviroment, non-communication, very disrepectful
Great pay. Horrible training
Customer Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOApril 4, 2016
This company does not provide adequate training. You are pretty much set up for failure. The "lead" doesn't know how train or manage a department. Everything is fine in the beginning and then the nightmare begins.
Pros
Great pay. Benefits
Cons
Culture is a mess. Small office and the training is horrible
Good compensation and benefits
engineer (Current Employee) –  Carnegie, PADecember 6, 2015
Centralized control of authority in all decision making and very little autonomy for all roles except upper management.
Compensative Pay
Inspector/Utility/Line Flow (Current Employee) –  Simsboro, LANovember 6, 2015
This job is complex and somewhat intense. Being an inspector requires a lot of attention to detail. Inspection of thousands of bottles/jars under light sensitive area. Everything is operated by multiple machines which detect and reject flaws and defects. Close observation and monitoring is mandatory.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Short breaks
Nice place to work
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVNovember 2, 2015
I nice place to work however I have been a temp for 9 months with out the possibility of a permanent job. The hours and schedule constantly change for hourly shift employees.
A challenging task done well.
Palletizer Operator (Former Employee) –  Dolton, ILSeptember 4, 2015
The job is repetitive in that the palletizer machine cycles, on average, once every 35 seconds. There are many items to observe and correct if need to maintain uninterrupted product flow.
After a period of observing I was able to identify critical areas during the packaging process and accomplish my mission with minimal effort.
As with any function there are times when my efforts needed to be stepped up to maintain production flow. Concentration and attention to detail was key.
Best part of the day was quitting time after maintaining satisfactory flow for the entire day and pass along a clear process to the following shift operator.
Pros
Free lunch was a nice benefit and as much overtime as I required.
Cons
Working a 3 shift rotation took some adjustments.
Strenuous work days to fulfill orders for customers.
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJSeptember 1, 2015
This company provides great pay as well as great benefits. The swing shift can be very challenging to parent of small children. As far as job advancement its very hard to move up the ladder because positions are always being filled quickly.
Learned life time skills
GMP Journeyman Machine Repair Mechanic (MMR) (Former Employee) –  Salem, NJJuly 9, 2015
I was able to move into different roles while working there. I learned a lot about how to rebuild machine parts. I meet a lot of great people that became life long friends
Pros
work life balance
Cons
short breaks
Good Learning Experienc
Line Auditor (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, ILJune 2, 2015
The hardest part of the job is working the swing shift.

While at Ardagh Group, I have learned that experience is education.

Want to know more about Ardagh Group?

Ask a question
Not a bad Job
Selector/Quality/GLRS (Current Employee) –  Winchester, INJune 1, 2015
The toughest part of the job is to adjust to swing shift. The pay is great and the benefits are great. The job is fairly easy and not physical.
Outstanding and motivated workforce.
Worldwide leader (Former Employee) –  Ardagh Group, Lincoln IlMay 14, 2015
I regularly arrived at work early so I had time to talk with those employees who worked the 11PM to 7AM to understand what issues they had during the shift that we could address with day shift employees and managers. Through out the day, I would make several tours of the plant to again, gain a better understanding of any outstanding issues. Both hourly and staff employees were always focused on process improvement and the results in the areas of productivity, quality, and safety. The greatest pleasure I received from this job came from the one on one engagement I had with each and every employees.
Formerly Saint Gobain ..
Planning (Former Employee) –  Muncie, inFebruary 7, 2015
Not a bad place but, ran by The Good Old Boys club, lots of back stabbing and being used for ladder climbing. No one really cared, it was an all about me environment
horrible people skills from upper management BEFORE they shut the doors on us
Mold Wheeler (Former Employee) –  Salem, NJDecember 12, 2014
Ardagh was your typical shift work factory setting. Management was horrible; they had zero people skills. Most of the co-workers were great. The compensation was well above average, as were the benefits.
Pros
compensation, benefits, overtime
Cons
shift work, management
This is a plant with a future since it is new and state of the art. There is plenty of job security and competitive pay as well as benefits
Electronics Specialist (Current Employee) –  McCarren NV (Reno Tahoe Industrial)December 8, 2014
This plant has state of the art automated equipment and plenty of job security. The hourly employees and leadership team have done a fine job building the team, production, safety, and reliability structure that a new plant needs.
management & dirty coworkers
hot end / cold end worker (Current Employee) –  Sapulpa, okOctober 1, 2014
Must be on your toes every day ! one slip and you will get burn. Some one is always worried about your assigned position , personal business and pay . Supervisor and department heads or not to be trusted keep ears and eye's open.ever one out just for them selves . NO TEAM WORK ! it's just bs..talk.
Pros
pay
Cons
management, work, coworkers
Good company
Batch and Furnace Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 21, 2014
This is a good company to work for and has many opportunities to advance.
enjoyable place to work
Palletizer Operator / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mayaguez, PRMay 31, 2013
A typical day at work is filling pallets with empty cans for 7 hours. I learned how to run a palletizer, drive a forklift, supervise the palletizer floor. The management supported anyone who wanted to learn more and advance themselves in the company. My co-workers were great, if you didn't know how to do something they would help you until you could do it yourself. The hardest part of the job was hen we had to check full pallets of cans for defective cans, you have to check each and every can. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you meet and surpassed your quota.
Pros
healthcare, stock options, retirement account
Cons
noisy
stepping stone
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee) –  Terminal Island, CAMay 11, 2013
a good place to learn the tricks of the trade.
union brothers easy to get along with