Ardent Services Employee Reviews

Great pay.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXNovember 6, 2017
Your day started at 6 am at work. Worked through to 6 pm. I learned a lot about the electrical environment. Management was good meaning you grew with the crew you were set up with from the start. The hardest part of the job was that it was a 12-hour shift in the heat of an average of 100-degree weather. The most enjoyable part of the job was the check at the end of every week.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
No days off.
Great crew to work with
I&E Technician (Former Employee) –  Killdeer, NDNovember 2, 2017
i was with a crew of 7 we worked side by side and they were awesome. its hard to really give a whole opinion about the company as a whole since it was ND and it was like we were on our own little island.
Good Place to work
Revenue Integrity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 23, 2017
I would work there again if the opportunity arose. the co-workers were friendly and easily to get along with, The company offers very little opportunity to grow.
offshore company with great benefits
ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 21, 2017
very good company to work for with career advancement they strive on safety as well quality. they offer competitive wages for customers and show real good work
Ineffective IT leadership
Director (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 4, 2017
Lack of technical backgrounds in upper management lead to poor strategic decisions and multiple long term outages. Additionally due to lack of technical understanding often times things simply outsourced at great expense only to realize that vendor did not have clear direction to start with.
Ardent
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Mandan, NDOctober 3, 2017
Ardent has been one of the best companies ive worked for. Training me in areas of instrumentation to combine it with electrical. Management listen and follow through.
okay company to work for.
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Evans City, PASeptember 24, 2017
this is a good start out company. i wouldn't work for this company again unless i really had to due to low pay. management was okay. didn't say much however noticed your good work ethic.
Good productive and fullfilling job.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Where ever needed.September 19, 2017
I am ready for a new challenging overseas construction project ,with a good experienced crew of motivated Ardent employees being paid the overseas rates with expenses.
Pros
Good managers.
Comfortable work environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 7, 2017
Everyone was very pleasant to be around and the owners are very employee oriented and would go out of their way to make sure you and your family are taken care of
Great
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDAugust 16, 2017
Management was great and fair the pay was awesome and the work was challenging yet fun, I learned a lot and the hours were definitely there when I needed them
Being your own boss!
CO-OWNER (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 15, 2017
I actually own Ardent Services, Inc along with other family members. This is a small business and we are currently looking at dissolving it. Again it is a small business in a very competitive sector that had many much larger players.
Pros
Self employed, flexible
Cons
Had to be available 24/7
Educational & Productive
I&C Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2017
A Typical day at work would be getting a Preventive Maintenance package and gathering all past data sheets of when the last time the instrument was worked on, take them to field along with test equipment, talk with operations what needs to be fixed on said instrument, obtain permit to work in location of instrument, troubleshoot instrument with test equipment and control board operations.

What I've learned on this job and plenty jobs in past is that each plant, refinery, factory, etc. has their own rules, guidelines and training that you must practice in the workplace and for the benefit of your own safety.

The management at this past project was.. "too many chiefs, not enough indians" job if you will. Meaning that people were up in age and a little in firm were pushing jobs onto the younger people as if "I'm too old to be climbing or carrying this, I have knowledge that will take me higher." As far as management went it was unstable due to the fact of not having the right people to go to for questions or answers pertaining instrumentation or analyzers. More experienced management professionals is all that was lacking on the job is all I have to say.

Workplace Culture wasn't a factor at all, everybody worked together in harmony regardless of race, discrimination, or religion. Personally this topic means a lot to mean because I myself am a Jehovah's Witness.

The most difficult part of my job was honestly just filling out the paper work. I personally find nothing too difficult or too hard to figure out if it regards anything instrumentation. And if its something else
  more... i cannot figure out, go to your higher ups and always ask question if do not know, thats the key in my opinion.

What I found most enjoyable about every job or project I am attending is the challenges I face as an instrument and controls technician, troubleshooting and calibrating are my specialties, so whatever comes across my path I'm willing to take full responsibility and tackle a job even if it involves taking the lead.
Pros
Overtime and callouts
Cons
healthcare and management
Daves and buster
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTAugust 11, 2017
It's great hand on with different people making different with boxes it's a great environment. U get to eat lunch with ppl communicate with others it's easy it's fun
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Great company to work for.
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAAugust 4, 2017
Ardent gave me a chance at project superintendent where I was very successful and learned so much more about the business. Great company to work for when I with them.
productive
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Borger, TXAugust 1, 2017
this is a slow pace work place. If your wanting to learn the trade this is the place for you. Some of the people are great to work with. Field people are awesome. Can teach you as much as you want to learn. Good luck.
good ,oney but they lay you off instead of transferring
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 29, 2017
It was a very hot and long hour job but some of the employees would go to their car during lunch and do drugs, this put other employees lives at work in danger,
good environment
Electrition (Former Employee) –  Kermit, TXJune 8, 2017
worked with alot of nice coworkers and had fun during work. pulled alot of wire and terminated instruments. ran alot of plastic bond conduit underground. and install lights
Pros
good lunch time
Cons
60hrs
Good group of people to work with
Project Controls Manager (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJune 1, 2017
Worked on a turnaround with Ardent and the employees where great to work with and very knowledgeable. I'd like to stay on with the company but they don't keep a very large overhead team as it's a small company and do mostly project to project hires for management.
Good company to work for. Knowledgeable staff
I&E Technician and Instrument Fitter, (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2017
Employees are very knowledgeable and hard working. Hiring process was quick and painless. Nice facility and PPE was given and not payroll deduct. Overall good place to work at.
workplace culture
Eclectical apprentice (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2017
there is a broad span of culture and race and everyone needs to be understanding about the heritage and not make and comments that will make anyone uncomfortable in any way shape or form