Ardent Services Employee Reviews

Was an unorganized company.
Welders helper/ Firewatch (Former Employee) –  McPherson, KSJanuary 24, 2017
Working for Ardent, I worked 6, 10 hour days. I was never offered any kind of benefits. The crew was very unorganized, but, I did enjoy the people I worked with.
Pros
30 mins of an hour paid lunch
Cons
no other breaks
Great company, safety minded and productive.
ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OHJuly 27, 2016
One of the best companies I have worked for. They stand behind safety 100%, unlike other companies that preach it, but don't enforce it in order to get more work done. As long as you are being productive, inspectors and supervisors don't hassle you much. Workplace was pleasant to work in.
Pros
Great atmosphere to work in, coworkers were all great
Cons
Benefits were not so great. Taxed per diem. Unorganized at times.
Overall, not a bad place
Purchase Agent (Former Employee) –  Ft. Collins, COAugust 11, 2016
I started off in the office in Metairie and was transferred to field in Colorado. I like working in the field more than in the office due to less office politics. But the politics have far reaching arms...
Admin Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDApril 20, 2016
Overall they are very fair People were very supportive
I worked Monday thru Friday very flexiable on work
Good benefits with good pay Really enjoyed the group I worked with
Pros
Easy to work with
Cons
no job security comes and goes
Good Company
Electrical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LANovember 2, 2016
A good company to work for, but questionable leadership in some positions. Don't agree with ALOT of there decisions by " certain" leaders. There are ALOT of good guys and leaders here, just a few that are intolerable.
Pros
Good guys, friends
Cons
Questionable leaders
great men i worked with
Laborer/Helper (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAJanuary 21, 2017
quickly advanced in pay. by far the most money ive made in such a short amount of time. after a few short months the company was willing to pay for my I&E schooling.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Lineman Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 26, 2016
Ardent is a great place to work for if looking to get into Over Head Power distribution and transmission Line work, as well as underground, and substation work. They instill a solid knowledge of OSHA guidelines and help better your written and oral communication within a working environment surrounding Line work.
Typical oilfeild work invironment
Oilfield Electrician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 10, 2016
This company is filled with workers constantly competing with each other for advancement. You have to provide all of your own tools. Unsafe work environment.
Pros
Nones
Cons
Short Breaks
Great company
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Killdeer, NDAugust 12, 2016
Ardent Services has a great team and some amazing people working there. I was able to grow and obtain skills that I needed to perform my job. My boss treated everyone the same.
Great company to work for....They offer lots of training
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAMarch 22, 2016
Worked 10 years for this company....I have gained lots of knowledge and training thru them.They have a strong culture and background in safety....and really care about your well being...
The work environment is pleasant and most of the employees are friendly
Reimbursement Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 9, 2015
I enjoyed my time in the Nashville Corporate office. My supervisors were for the most part easy to get along with and I required limited supervision. There was definitely freedom to do your work at your own pace unless there was a deadline. Upper management gave good information out at the regular employee meetings. The hardest part of the job was trying to deal with all of the Federal Regulations and restrictions for filing the Medicare and Medicaid cost reports. My only complaint with the company was that it was very difficult to get a promotion due to the fact that the size of our department was very small and we had too many high level positions. I enjoyed the working condtions there and had many friends within the company. I will be leaving the company mainly because they would not transfer me to one of our markets.
Pros
Periodic luncheons for special events like the Final Four basketball championship etc.
Cons
Lack of promotions, little acknowledgement for a job well done.
ok place to work
Electrical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 29, 2016
not steady work but great people to work with.

if you love to travel this is the job for you.

There is no stability for this company
Pros
lunches
Cons
not continuous and benefits are high
Professional highly skilled workforce
Electrician Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Evans City, PAFebruary 8, 2016
Ardent is a great company Good pay Good per diem good leaders, a little top heavy on some jobs good atmosphere at work lots of friends /contacts
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
no breaks long hours lots of pushing to meet deadlines
Nice place to work
Overhead line foreman (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 14, 2016
good people,challenging work,great equipment and tools big and small projects high and low voltages company tries to keep employees as buisy as possible
Not happy
Assemble (Current Employee) –  Macon, MOMarch 15, 2013
A typical day is going is not knowing what will happen that day, for example never having parts to do the jobs that we have orders for, it's a headache everyday
I have learned alot of assembling different products
Co workers are great, I've known some for along time.
None of the jobs are hard, can do pretty much any of them, the only thing I can say that is enjoyable is that the most of the people that I work with are great people, would be nice to have parts to finish jobs, they like to move us around alot do to not having parts
Pros
pretty layed back atmosphere
Cons
no raise in 4 yrs., being lied to, have to do more than others
Not stable
(Industrial) Electrician Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Wamsutter, WYNovember 17, 2015
I enjoyed being home every night at a decent hour. I learned a lot about the electrical field and enjoyed most of my coworkers. However, it is not stable for me and my family. When things are going well, there is plenty of overtime and opportunity. When things slow down, there are lay offs and a person never knows when this will happen. The hardest part is not knowing if or when I will be laid off and for how long.
Pros
Hours were good
Cons
Health benefits are expensive and no paid leave
Good work environment
Automation Tech/Electrician, Project Sup, (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 31, 2016
Good work environment, proper support system in place, compensation with in realm of industry, skilled employees, descent benefit package, safety record in good standing,
Pros
Use of company vehicles
Cons
Lack of cost of living increases
Good company to work for.
Safety manager (Current Employee) –  Belle chasse, laMay 2, 2016
Not a bad company to work for, they just lay off too often. Pay well and give per diem most of the time. Looking for something offshore or something more stable
Industrial Construction
Industrial Construction Helper (Former Employee) –  Dennison, OHOctober 22, 2015
I learned so many skills when working for Ardent. It was hard work, but great overall. It was quite a journey, since I was away from family for a while. Management was great. The hardest part of this job was when winter came around, working in freezing temperature was the hardest part.
Good
marketing (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 27, 2015
Good, good people, good culture, good worklike balance. Small company, many people wear many hats. Very long sales cycle with little market presence.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardent Services. Our community is ready to answer.