Area Agency on Aging Employee Reviews

Great place
RN, Passport Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Rio Grande, OHAugust 28, 2016
Very flexible place to work, must be self motivated. RN pay isn't great, but if you just need a decent income this is deifntily a family friendly job in which I plan on remaining at.
Transportation Driver
Transportation Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMarch 29, 2016
Each day I start my job at 5am. I began picking up children, under the age of 5 years old to take them to school at Stepping Stone in Alma, AR. I maintain high level of confidentiality. I have a good rapport with co-workers. There is nothing that is to hard, but time management is a good part. I enjoy my job, and it has been very rewarding.
Great Place to Work
Health You Leader (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 16, 2016
Teaching the Seniors is Fun keeps me active , Its alot of Good information they can Reatain for Healthy Living , Love information Given and helping others i enjoy this job
My favorite
Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMarch 2, 2016
I love working with home care patients. Gave me a opportunity to actually bond with patients and their families. Helping other is my passion
A good job to work for
Senior Companion (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIFebruary 11, 2016
1.going in and seeing my client still with me and me being able to enjoy them and listening to some of their stories when they were able to do for themselves.
2. I learned a lot of things about them I had 10 clients to work with per day.
3 My management was great and very helpful in showing me what my job was and letting me know I was doing a great job.
I had several co-workers but there was one that I enjoyed the most because we worked together.
4 There was nothing hard about my job it was easy.
The most enjoyable part was having a job to go to each day to see the smiling faces when I walk-in
Pros
Loving the job
Cons
Loosing a client
Very productive and hard workers
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 10, 2016
Very productive and hard workers
Less stress
Great teamwork
Great Culture
Amazing team engagements
A great place to work.
Information Technology Director (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 6, 2016
The CEO is an incredible person. Has developed a values system for all employees to follow. He is a strong leader and would recommend anyone wanting to make a difference in their community to work for the Area Agency on Aging.
Pros
Just a great working environment.
Cons
Salaries are a little low for many positions.
Fun place to work, Staff are very helpful and friendly
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, OHJanuary 3, 2016
It is a great place to work and to get to know how this kind of agency works, If i was a case worker and then I would be able to move more with the agency with in the company they help a lot of the older people and do a lot for the community
Family oriented, Great people to work for
Accountant II / Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rio Grande, OHDecember 15, 2015
Work processing the billings from the PIMS state billing system for Home Care Providers

Helping Case Managers fix billing issues

Helping Providers with billing issues
Awful
Consumer coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucumcari, NMNovember 29, 2015
Horrible place to work, micro management at its worst. The environment is completely micro managed by small minded, unintelligible people I would never ever work there again.
Great workplace.
Administrative Assist. -Contract Monitor (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PANovember 11, 2015
Great workplace. Provided friendly, supportive work environment. I learned about the needs of the elderly and their daily challenges. It was a humbling and rewarding experience.
Good Place to work
Medicaid Benefits Counselor Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 4, 2015
Excellent benefits
Nice co workers
Everyone has their own office
Lots of long term employees

NO opportunity for advancement
Pros
Retirement plan
Cons
NO opportunity for advancement
Great environment
Supports Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Southfield MiOctober 25, 2015
It is a very structured environment with great people and clients. The company is very felxible with your hours and a wonderful place to work.
Pros
work form home
Cons
Productive, fun and entertaining.
Senior Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Front Royal VirginiaOctober 20, 2015
Volunteered a lot of time with helping the seniors and learning of the past. Working with others, setting up creative activities for different groups.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
how some of the elderly suffered
going to Residents homes, cleaning and taking care of residents
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Russellville, AROctober 16, 2015
Loved working with the Residents and helping with their everyday needs. Rather it be bathing, grooming, dressing, cleaning a residents home, sitting and talking with the resident, or just sitting and watching tv with the Resident.
Pros
working with Residents
Cons
not enough hours
Overwhelming
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHOctober 15, 2015
At the time I was working there -- there were too many cooks in the kitchen that didn't know what each one was telling you to do. Constant changes with little consistency for the staff involved. PTO and Sick accrued as soon as you are employed. You are not allow to use the time for 90 days. Caseloads were slightly unmanageable.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
management
Loved the clients that I worked with.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ARSeptember 28, 2015
This job wasn't for me. I love people but I didn't like the way that clients got treated because of the type of insurance that they had. I did a lot of driving in my own vehicle and never got millage or any help with wear and tear on my vehicle.
Pros
love the my clients
Cons
Not enogh money to do all the driving.
Great place, great people
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 28, 2015
Is an enlighten experience work with people who actually cares about people. Is one of the few places where you can see happy faces enjoying their work.
Pros
training, inspiring place to work, great culture
Cons
I am a volunteer so I don't get paid. I would like work regularly in a place like this
Typical Day
Social Worker, Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 22, 2015
Managed an assigned caseload approximately 120 people daily.
Each day I made phone calls to current clients and also in-home visits to current clients and potential new clients. Also, had to handle calls from current clients experiencing problems with current service plan in place. Follow up with providers about the services being provided and communicate back and forth with Supervisor about current services and costs of current services in place.
I very much enjoyed working with my fellow colleagues and developed many friendships.
The hardest part of the job was because of budget cuts in funding. Due to the cuts, we were expected to increase our workloads with a decreased amount of staffing. Salaried employees were expected to work an unlimited amount of hours to complete daily assignments and new projects, because we worked from home.
Excellent pay and sick and vacation time.
High Stress due to the workloads and budget/funding cuts.
Pros
Excellent Pay and sick and vacation time earned
Cons
Work never ended. Expected to work unlimited amount of hours
love the clients
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARSeptember 17, 2015
learning from the elderly, different cultures, communication techniques, they work around your availability, office staff is very appreciative of your services
Pros
clients
Cons
part time only