Area Mental Health Center Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Area Mental Health Center
VOCATIONAL CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSMay 31, 2012
Good place to work. Worked at my own pace. Learned much about individuals diagnosed with Severe and Persistant Mental Illnesses. Management was laid back. Co-workers were nice. Hardest part of the job was educating those that were already taught these individuals were just "crazy". The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to create your own schedule that allowed you to get your job done.
Pros
retirement was good and pay was decent
Cons
health insurace was poor
Overall
TARGETED CASE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST/WAF (Former Employee) –  Dodge City, KSJanuary 10, 2014
This was my favorite career in which I also gained the most amount of knowledge and experience from. I was blessed to not only advance very far from my starting position but able to work hands-on in my career field immediately after graduating college. I however did not enjoy living in the Dodge City, KS area and relocated back to my home town of KC.
no bueno
Crisis House Counselor (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSSeptember 5, 2012
wrong people involved in management. no good. wish i never worked there.
Mental Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garden City, KSDecember 30, 2012
In a typical day at work, I encourage clients to take part in daily living skills and social skills so that they may acuire the skills to become productive members of the community. I also encourage clients to take part in recovery activites so that they may learn how to learn using coping skills during a mental health crisis.
Great place to work.
Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCSeptember 18, 2013
Data entry. Updating accurate and current information regarding patient care and activity. Ensuring customer billings are generated and mailed out in a timely fashion.
Pros
great set of personnel to work with
Cons
needed more income
fun place to work
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 12, 2013
Working here, I felt that I had an impact on the clients. They were made to feel as equal.