Area Temps Employee Reviews in United States

Cnc machinist
CNC MACHINIST (Former Employee) –  CLEVELAND, OHFebruary 5, 2016
Work at cleveland, oh . Machine shop. Set up and operate cnc mills and lathes. Do some programming as well. Inspect parts using gauges, calipers, micrometers, etc. Read blueprints
Work 2nd shift with 25 other employees. Good steady pay, Health benefits good. OT available. Double time on holidays
Pros
GOOD COMPANY
Temp to Perm - 12 week - Area Temps
Plastic Injection (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 5, 2015
I was placed @ Progressive Plastics on a 12 week Temp to Perm assignment. My position was Plastic Injection Molder. We make automotive parts for GM. Fast paced environment, good pay, excellent benefits. Good management team, family operated business.
Looking for work this is the best place to start
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, OHAugust 12, 2015
The hardest part of the job is if you don't call you want get sent out if your passive about your work they cant help you if your are there to play you want get sent out just that simple. You want to make money or find a career you will find what you are looking for their at Area Temps. The business is very friendly and wiling to help you find what you are looking for its very fun and friendly environment and for quick work its the perfect place to start.
Pros
If you have a nice Manager you will eat until lunch is on you.
Cons
Health Benefits and Great pay.
Direct Hire | Forklift Repair | Material Handling company
Forklift Repair (Former Employee) –  IndependenceNovember 11, 2015
I was placed on a Direct Hire assignment @ Material Handling company in Independence. Area Temps handled all the administration, payroll, paperwork for me.
Pay was $20 per hr to start. Health benefits after 60 days on job
assembly line worker- frozen food warehouse - solon, ohio
assembly line (Current Employee) –  solon ohioOctober 29, 2015
i was placed at frozen food warehouse in solon, ohio. performed assembly line duties packing foods into cartons to be shipped. fast paced environment. good pay after temp to perm period. nice employee benefits and bonus program
Excellent Staffing Service | Willoughby Ohio
Executive Asst (Current Employee) –  Willoughby OhioFebruary 5, 2016
I want to say Thanks to Area Temps for finding me a career opportunity as an Executive Asst at a large aerospace manufacturer in the Willoughby Ohio area. My job has been both challenging and rewarding. The executive management team is top notch and great to work with! I started off as a part time temp and have been promoted 3 times in the past couple years to an Exec Asst to the VP of Operations.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Nothing!
it's was ok
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 21, 2016
it was flexible and i got to work with all walks of people and talk and be in a team and learn how to sort things out and to work in fast paced environment...the downside is i always came home late and was very fatigued and sore some days
Pros
meeting all types of people
Cons
working long hours sometimes no breaks
The company was nice not only for the kind of work they did but it was connected to the Teamsters uniion.
Hone Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 19, 2016
I was happy to be back in the Teamsters union since I already had tenure with them. I came in as entry levelbut was given the opportunity to be trained on a hone machine after a couple of months. This was very helpful for me to be given the chance to advance.
Good Experience
Legal (Current Employee) –  CLENovember 10, 2015
Overall I will have to say I was happy about my experiences of working with Area Temps to find a job. I really had no luck with other agencies as they never returned my calls or emails. Area Temps was different! My skill level was 15 years as a high level Legal secretary for a prominent firm in NY City. My husband was transferred to CLE with his job and I was forced to also find a position in a new city as well. Area Temps was able to place me at a workers comp law firm in downtown CLE. It is a high energy, busy firm. The partners in the firm are very generous and provide many perks (flexible work schedules, weekly lunch, sporting event tickets, theater tickets, free parking, paid health insurance, yearly bonuses, etc.) and incentives to their workers.
Pros
Great law firm
Cons
NONE !!
The work wasn't hard
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 2, 2016
I worked about 12 hours a day. Boxing hair product for a hair company. It wasn't a hard job it was really complex. Everyone worked together as a team.
Cons
standing all day
Former sales employee ---- great company!
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Area TempsJuly 1, 2014
I was a former Sales Employee for Area Temps for roughly 8 years. My husband's job was recently transferred to Cincinnati, Ohio and we had to moved from the Cleveland area. Area Temps was a great 8 years for me and I learned a ton of Sales skills and met some awesome co-workers along the way. Area Temps is a commission- based sales environment (the base salary is low with potential to make high commissions) as most sales jobs are. My last year employed with Area Temps I made $69,700. Some great things I enjoyed about Area Temps:

-Earning potential...the more your sell, the more you make

-Sales Training program

-Incentive trips to motivate Sales staff. I went to Bahamas, Jamaica, Mexico, St. Thomas trips. All inclusive trips!

-Bonus programs

-Expense account

-Holiday party
Pros
see below
Versatile
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 5, 2016
Very busy work atmosphere. Meet a lot of people with all kinds of skills. The staff are very dedicated and fun to work with.
Pros
Versatile, fast paced
Productive and flexable
Area Temps Staff (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44124February 15, 2016
• Unloading stock trucks
• Scanning daily inventory
• Removing damaged inventory and repackaging
• General Laborer

Productive and flexible hours.
CNC Programmer-Direct Hire
CNC Programmer (Current Employee) –  ClevelandJune 10, 2014
I am a CNC Programmer with 15 yrs experience and Area Temps placed me in a Direct Hire position with a great local company. I was pleased with the entire employment process. I saw the ad on AreaTemps.com which I immediately responded to. I was scheduled in for an interview and started the job 4 days later. I have now been at the company for over 1 yr and very happy.
The company offers many employee perks such as co. campground, incentive bonuses, training bonuses, holiday parties, golf outing, 10 vacation days, 50% paid health insurance, etc.
Pros
salary, benefits, perks, incentive bonues
Cons
-- none --
Do not use if looking for Permanent Positions!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHMarch 14, 2013
Area Temps would never keep their word about permanent positions. All positions were temporary and not what I was looking for. The pay they give you for these positions are below the standard rates for the areas. Calls were never returned. The last position I had with them was 45 minute drive one way from my home and I stated that it was not financial feasible for me to drive. I do not recommend this company to anyone looking for a career.
Cons
no benefits, commute, pay, no return phone calls
Medical Records Clerk Temp to Hire position
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Clinic - main campusDecember 2, 2015
Was hired perm after my 120 temp period. Work for Cleveland Clinic @ main campus in Medical Records Dept. High volume (200+) of records processed each day. Enjoyable work environment and great co-workers, Love working for CCF!
Thanks area temps, you are the best (and only) agency in town to find work.
Great for elderly
Temporary Truck Driver/CDL (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, OHFebruary 25, 2015
Needed to know the truth about my salary and where I would be driving. Kept a record of mileage and hours daily but was short handed at times. Freedom of hours was satisfactory until they are short of workers.
Pros
freedom of hours
Cons
no work for long periods at a time.
Great Experience !
QC technician (Current Employee) –  CLE, Ohio 44115March 19, 2013
My experiences with Area Temps have been great. Over the last couple years i have been assigned to many great cleveland companies. If it was not for the efforts of Area Temps I probably would not have found work. I am now in a temp to perm job and expect to be hired on a perm basis April 1st with a pay raise and health insurance. I have referred 2 people to Area Temps and they have both been placed on assignment as well. I also received a referral bonus.
Pros
temp to perm job
Cons
nothing
Previous hiring contact of Area Temps
HR (Former Employee) –  MAYFIELDJune 24, 2014
I am writing this review because I have had great experiences with Area Temps from both being a Hiring contact at a company as well as actually being placed on assignment. For about 5 years I was the head HR person for a large Packaging company in Solon, Ohio. I would frequently call Area Temps when I needed production employees to work on the shop floor. They always went above and beyond to find me the best people, sometimes on short notice. Around Oct 2013, our company downsized their administrative dept and moved all office functions (including my position) to their Headquarters in Texas, while the production operations remained in Solon. After I was layed off in Oct 2013, I registered with the Mayfield office and they were able to quickly place me into an HR role with a company in Twinsburg. I just went perm after 120 working days with a nice salary increase and benefit package.

Area Temps has been wonderful to work with and I appreciate everything they have done for me. I will definitely use you in my new HR role, as our company uses quite a few temporary employees to supplement their workforce in the busy summer months.
poor
sales associate (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 23, 2015
not work friendly not a stable environment
lots of sales calls hard cold calling
enjoyed working with people