Area Wide Protective

Area Wide Protective Employee Reviews

Convienant
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Dayona BeachJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Close to home/flex hours
Cons: Corporate takeover
Close to home. Flexible hours are a plus. Being a single mom with two young active girls requires me to be able to adjust now and then to their schedules. I always manage a 40 hour work week and overtime if needed.
Great job. A new challenge every day, with a fair and honest Managment team
Foreman (Former Employee), clear water flJune 28, 2015
Pros: never the same thing day to day
Cons: have to deal with the extrem weather elements
Typical day,you get your job assignment the night prior, In the morning you'll prepare your truck for the days work once at the job site you'll set up your work zone and secure the work zone for the remaining of the work day.If you do your job and do it right on a daily basis you'll be recognized and rewarded for your efforts.
Acts just like high school
Traffic safety specialist (Current Employee), jacksonville NCJune 13, 2015
Pros: dont have to use your own vehicle
Cons: dont exactly know when you will work
I learned about the traffic safety laws and that's about it LEARNED HOW TO SET UP certain work zones learned that safety is everything
VERY DECIETFUL
FLAGGER (Former Employee), INDIANAPOLISMay 21, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: BETRAYAL
THIS COMPANY WOULD BE GOOD IF IT RESPECTED ITS EMPLOYEES. THE MANAGEMENT STAFF IS A JOKE, IF THE SCHEDULING SECRETARY DOES NOT LIKE YOU, YOU WONT GET ANY DECENT HOURS ESPECIALLY IF YOU WORK IN INDIANAPOLIS. WHEN THEY TRAIN YOU FOR THE POSITION OF FLAGGER,THEY GIVE YOU ALL THE ANSWERS TO THE TEST SO THEY CAN GET YOU OUT THERE RIGHT AWAY THEN ABANDON YOU. DONT BE FOOLED , BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All right company to work
Guide or control vehicular traffic (Former Employee), Martins Ferry, OHMay 16, 2015
Company is in a Union. No health benefits long hours out side in the sun. Some times working all day with out any breaks. In the winter months not a lot of hours avaible . Sometimes employees go a week with out work.
Prologistix
Traffic Control Specialist (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 6, 2015
This company was great to work for, very personal and well managed company. I was paid good and even though I worked different assignment the pay was always good as well as the jobs.
ok job, decent hours
Traffic Control Specialist (Current Employee), Largo, FLMay 5, 2015
good hours but do not prefer the work. lost of standing around with nothing to do. corporate offices not very personal and have had issues with pay.
Worst job ever
Traffic Control Specialist (Former Employee), West Melbourne, FLApril 18, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: No breaks, low pay, poor management
This place is a joke. Management treats their employees like they are slaves and belittles them. The only way you can get "promoted" is being friends with management. Two people in that office has either ruined a company truck or has received multiple write ups and they got promoted. Our raises consist of ten to twenty cents. The only way you can make decent money is working OT which would be 60-70 hours. Most of the time your flagging between 12-14 hours with no lunch or bathroom breaks. Our "safety meetings consists of new ways to get fired. No benefits or paid time off. Don't apply here.
Doesnt work people enough
Flagger (Former Employee), Dunbar, WvaMarch 15, 2015
When i worked here starting out i was promised 40+ hours and a company truck... Drove to Charleston Wv for a whole week for training.
once training was over i didnt get a truck and was only worked one day in Three months. I HIGHLY reccomend no one apply for this job.
Not there for their workers
Traffic Control Specialist (Former Employee), Dunbar WVMarch 15, 2015
Cons: healthcare
The worse company I ever worked for. They pretend to care about the safety and the well being of their workers and its just not true
fun to work outdoors
Traffic Control Technician (Former Employee), Niles, MIMarch 13, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: cold sometimes
great work place awesome employees good work environment, awp taught me everything there is to know on setting up proper work zones.
THIS PLACE IS A JOKE
Flagger (Current Employee), Austintown, OHMarch 8, 2015
Pros: there are none
No lunch breaks no bathroom breaks no insurance we don't get played enough for what we have to do we put our life's in danger every day and not knowing what time we get off the union is horrible don't do nothing for u its a joke don't work here
The company is rotten to the core
Traffic control technician (Former Employee), Oakwood VillageMarch 6, 2015
Pros: crews are great
Cons: management is clueless
I worked for this company for two yrs. I enjoyed working with the crews but this company amazes me how they can treat their workers the way they do. You are a body in the truck that's all you are.The management does not give a hoot about you and God forbid you damage their trucks. Their safety meetings are all a joke, management complaining about the workers and the workers have no respect for management because they don't support them or have their backs. When you do get hired in, they take 25 cents away from you. You get one week paid vacation and holidays paid for and that's how they justify by taking that money away. The bottom line is don't waste your precious time on this company, you can't get this time back. Run run fast as you can.
Strong, growing company
Administrative Assistant, Safety and Training (Former Employee), Kent, OHJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great service provided
Excellent company to work for. Extensive training and safety focus.
they put untrained people on the job and want us to babysit.
TrafficSpecialist (Current Employee), Asheville, NCJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: company truck
Cons: poor management
Best part of job is the contracters we work with poor management untrained co-workers lots of out in cold and weather
Productive Company
Flagger/Laborer (Current Employee), Lima, OHJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: on a good day it can be easy work, the job is not that hard.
Cons: no benefits, considered part time, work long hours from any where 9-13hrs, not very well organized at times, you never know your schedule till the night before
Area wide is here to help with they safety of others and control traffic. On a typical day of work, we make sure all of our equipment that is necessary for the job is in the truck which includes checking our signs counting our cones seeing if we need to hook on an arrow board and also make sure we have the right amount of workers for the job. After we check some of the list of we finish the paperwork required for each sub contractor job. Ive learned and developed leadership skills . Hardest part of this job is working the long hours most of time . Your work revolves around the contractors. Having a family is hard with this job you never know when your gong to get off. The most enjoyable part of working with AWP is that if your single and are willing to work it can be great long hours. You can most definitely develop leadership skills and learn allot of responsibilities.
Labor relations should get involved
flagger (Former Employee), Knoxville, TnDecember 28, 2014
Pros: i got nothing.....
Cons: 14 hrs with no break for starters
Horrible management-
-Safety director smells of booze every morning.
-Scheduler has personal issues with most there.
-Interview process is, show up and the job is yours.

You will work up to 14 hrs a day without a break, no bathroom breaks included, very illegal! Very high turn around, smart people quit fast. If you wreck,scratch truck ect, they want you to pay. They want to push a truck on you BUT why take on the extra responsibility, you get no extra pay and can not take truck home and you automatically become a trainer. I can bore you and go on but why? Horrible place!
All right
Traffic Control Supervisor (Current Employee), Canton, OHDecember 26, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: no breaks, no room for advancment
I'm still working here but I need a more secured and higher paying job.
Okay ONLY if you are butt kisser or get a Foreman who likes you.
Flagger (Current Employee), South CarolinaDecember 21, 2014
Pros: company truck
Cons: no benefits, no bathroom breaks, standing for long hours, inconsistent hours. mandatory on call
Don't believe this ad. I applied when ad was for a city near me and I have NEVER worked in that city and the office Is actually over 1 hour from there. Favoritism galore. Management will curse you out F-bombs and all. The only way to get steady hours WITHOUT kissing butt is to befriend a Foreman and they will request you personally. Otherwise the "favorites" get it all. Checks are consistently wrong. Management also threatens you constantly. cheap 2-ways to communicate. Management thinks they own you and will tell you whether you are working at 8:00 pm or later even though they get work orders by 4:00. Sometimes you find out after 8:00 pm that you will be working in a location that you will have to wake up at 4:00 am to get there. They also do not pay for first 2 hours of drive time.
Slave Labor
Flagger (Former Employee), Pikeville OfficeNovember 26, 2014
Pros: free transportation if you work up to "driver"
Cons: no breaks, no lunch, long hours, no restroom, no healthcare, no insurance, treated as a liability
You are not a person, you are an object. I got called in on a Friday after working a 12 hour shift to go to a mandatory meeting that was a 2 hour drive. I went in at 6 AM that morning and didn't get home till 11PM that night. What was this super important meeting about? Fatigue and how we should be careful that we're not overcome by it.

See what they did there? Now I've had 'Fatigue Training' or whatever, so if I crash and die from exhaustion on the way home, they're covered. They don't actually care if I'm tired. That's pretty much this company in a nutshell. So long as management gets their work done, they don't care what it does to you.

Culture inside the company with the other employees is either you're a butt kisser on the safety committee or your job is in constant jeopardy because those guys are looking to rat you out as soon as possible, for the slightest infraction. Rather than correcting your behavior, they will take pictures of you breaking the rules and then race to tell on you for it. Those guys also receive the best jobs and best hours, so distrust is beneficial and IS the company culture.
Revenue