Area Wide Protective

Area Wide Protective Employee Reviews

Not bad for money, however, unreliable hours.
Traffic Control Specialist (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 31, 2015
Typical day includes going to work site, setting up cones and directing traffic to ensure the safety of the construction and/or electric company employees. Management was not the most professional, one manager specifically should more than likely not have a job there. Hardest part of the job has to be the hours. You do not receive your schedule for the next day until the night before. You never knew it you were going to work 4 hours or 14.
Productive and fun job.
Flagger (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 26, 2015
Pros: I loved working outside. The companies were easy to work for.
Cons: not enough work when it got colder.
A typical day of work was hard work, and fun at same time. My co-worker was great to work with. The hardest part of job was the set up of equipment.
Fun but hard work.
Senior Traffic Control Specialist (Former Employee), Lima, ohioAugust 22, 2015
A typical day at work would require the planning, set up, and maintenance of a temporary traffic control zone. I learned a lot with my time at AWP suck as how to set up a temporary traffic control zone on highways, state routes, city street, and rural roads. The hardest part of the job was the actual set up of the zones and dealing with the traffic while doing so. The most enjoyable part of the job was the traveling i got to do, and all the new people mi got to meet and friendships i got to form.
Bad
Traffic control flagger (Current Employee), JacksonvilleAugust 16, 2015
Pros: 0
Cons: Everything
No work favoritism for people who do not want to work and do not care about the company and call out all the time but still get all the work

August 31, 2015

Please report this to HR or upper management at 800-343-2650. You can also call our anonymous reporting hotline at 844-550-0007. While we are very sorry to learn of this, it does help us identify issues that we would otherwise unaware of.

great job
Flagger (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INAugust 10, 2015
great job,work conditions were okay other than some crews wanted us out in thunder and lightning,but all and all a great company to work for

August 31, 2015

Thank you for your feedback and for the time you dedicated to AWP. Best of luck to you in your new endeavor!

Convienant
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Dayona BeachJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Close to home/flex hours
Cons: Corporate takeover
Close to home. Flexible hours are a plus. Being a single mom with two young active girls requires me to be able to adjust now and then to their schedules. I always manage a 40 hour work week and overtime if needed.

August 31, 2015

Glad to know the flexibility is helpful to you. Thanks for the review and for your hard work!

Great job. A new challenge every day, with a fair and honest Managment team
Foreman (Former Employee), clear water flJune 28, 2015
Pros: never the same thing day to day
Cons: have to deal with the extrem weather elements
Typical day,you get your job assignment the night prior, In the morning you'll prepare your truck for the days work once at the job site you'll set up your work zone and secure the work zone for the remaining of the work day.If you do your job and do it right on a daily basis you'll be recognized and rewarded for your efforts.
Acts just like high school
Traffic safety specialist (Current Employee), jacksonville NCJune 13, 2015
Pros: dont have to use your own vehicle
Cons: dont exactly know when you will work
I learned about the traffic safety laws and that's about it LEARNED HOW TO SET UP certain work zones learned that safety is everything

August 31, 2015

We hope that you are able to continue to learn and grow in this profession if that's what you choose to do. Thanks for the review and your work in the field!

All right company to work
Guide or control vehicular traffic (Former Employee), Martins Ferry, OHMay 16, 2015
Company is in a Union. No health benefits long hours out side in the sun. Some times working all day with out any breaks. In the winter months not a lot of hours avaible . Sometimes employees go a week with out work.
Prologistix
Traffic Control Specialist (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 6, 2015
This company was great to work for, very personal and well managed company. I was paid good and even though I worked different assignment the pay was always good as well as the jobs.
ok job, decent hours
Traffic Control Specialist (Current Employee), Largo, FLMay 5, 2015
good hours but do not prefer the work. lost of standing around with nothing to do. corporate offices not very personal and have had issues with pay.

August 31, 2015

We've worked on those very issues and expect our new system to alleviate any problems. Those in the corporate office are very appreciative of the work our field crews do and work hard to be a support to them. Please let HR know if you run into an exception to this. We want to know. Thanks for your feedback and all your hard work!

Doesnt work people enough
Flagger (Former Employee), Dunbar, WvaMarch 15, 2015
When i worked here starting out i was promised 40+ hours and a company truck... Drove to Charleston Wv for a whole week for training.
once training was over i didnt get a truck and was only worked one day in Three months. I HIGHLY reccomend no one apply for this job.
Not there for their workers
Traffic Control Specialist (Former Employee), Dunbar WVMarch 15, 2015
Cons: healthcare
The worse company I ever worked for. They pretend to care about the safety and the well being of their workers and its just not true

August 27, 2015

We're sorry to hear of your individual experience. I can assure you that safety is our top priority, and we care very much about the well-being of our employees, which is why we provide ongoing safety meetings and have safety training programs in place. Traffic control is a vitally important job and we realize that not everyone is a good fit for it. Thank you for the time and effort that you gave to AWP.

August 31, 2015

We're sorry to read this review. Safety is our first priority and that certainly includes the safety of our team. If you experience(d) anything other than this, please report it to HR at 800-343-2650 or our anonymous reporting hotline at 844-550-0077.

fun to work outdoors
Traffic Control Technician (Former Employee), Niles, MIMarch 13, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: cold sometimes
great work place awesome employees good work environment, awp taught me everything there is to know on setting up proper work zones.
THIS PLACE IS A JOKE
Flagger (Current Employee), Austintown, OHMarch 8, 2015
Pros: there are none
No lunch breaks no bathroom breaks no insurance we don't get played enough for what we have to do we put our life's in danger every day and not knowing what time we get off the union is horrible don't do nothing for u its a joke don't work here
The company is rotten to the core
Traffic control technician (Former Employee), Oakwood VillageMarch 6, 2015
Pros: crews are great
Cons: management is clueless
I worked for this company for two yrs. I enjoyed working with the crews but this company amazes me how they can treat their workers the way they do. You are a body in the truck that's all you are.The management does not give a hoot about you and God forbid you damage their trucks. Their safety meetings are all a joke, management complaining about the workers and the workers have no respect for management because they don't support them or have their backs. When you do get hired in, they take 25 cents away from you. You get one week paid vacation and holidays paid for and that's how they justify by taking that money away. The bottom line is don't waste your precious time on this company, you can't get this time back. Run run fast as you can.
Strong, growing company
Administrative Assistant, Safety and Training (Former Employee), Kent, OHJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great service provided
Excellent company to work for. Extensive training and safety focus.
they put untrained people on the job and want us to babysit.
TrafficSpecialist (Current Employee), Asheville, NCJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: company truck
Cons: poor management
Best part of job is the contracters we work with poor management untrained co-workers lots of out in cold and weather
Productive Company
Flagger/Laborer (Current Employee), Lima, OHJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: on a good day it can be easy work, the job is not that hard.
Cons: no benefits, considered part time, work long hours from any where 9-13hrs, not very well organized at times, you never know your schedule till the night before
Area wide is here to help with they safety of others and control traffic. On a typical day of work, we make sure all of our equipment that is necessary for the job is in the truck which includes checking our signs counting our cones seeing if we need to hook on an arrow board and also make sure we have the right amount of workers for the job. After we check some of the list of we finish the paperwork required for each sub contractor job. Ive learned and developed leadership skills . Hardest part of this job is working the long hours most of time . Your work revolves around the contractors. Having a family is hard with this job you never know when your gong to get off. The most enjoyable part of working with AWP is that if your single and are willing to work it can be great long hours. You can most definitely develop leadership skills and learn allot of responsibilities.

August 20, 2015

This sounds like a positive review, yet it is only a one-star rating? Very glad to know that you are capitalizing on the opportunities to develop leadership skills and learn everything you can in and about AWP!

All right
Traffic Control Supervisor (Current Employee), Canton, OHDecember 26, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: no breaks, no room for advancment
I'm still working here but I need a more secured and higher paying job.
Revenue