ARES Corporation

ARES Corporation Employee Reviews

Run from this place!!!!!
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Houston/Clear Lake TxJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: casual atmosphere
Cons: everything else
the 'good ole boy' atmosphere is alive and kicking here. Nepotism is prevalent, and the politics of management runs rampant. Seniority doesn't count when it comes to lay-offs. Your political viewpoint does. The lay-off of January 2013, effected all African-Americans, (with more seniority). The previous layoff in Oct 2011 effected at least 2 African-Americans, and several employees who disagreed with management politics. This contract was/is the NASA contract supporting the International Space Station.

Raises were 1% a year for the least favored, and up to 6% for the favored.

The 401k/ESOP was a magic shell game, so don't count on it after leaving, because it will take over 2 years to get it rolled-over or released, and if its over 5000.00, ARES will piecemeal it out at 1/3 each year.

Dental insurance has a 1000.00 a year limit. Yes it's a free benefit, but an awful one, since its a in-network type of insurance,
Interesting work and enjoyed the people I worked with
Administrative Specialist/Contract Administration (Former Employee), Littleton, COJanuary 15, 2015
A typical day included office management. I learned how to brainstorm with the staff and management. My manager was open to new ideas and ways to accomplish difficult tasks. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. We all had respect for each other and worked very well together. The hardest part of the job was making sure everyone was on the same track as far as the contracts were concerned. The most enjoyable part was the sense of humor our office shared
Not a place I would recommend
Program Manager (Former Employee), Glenn Research Center, Cleveland OHJuly 18, 2013
Pros: good compensation
Cons: horrible management
More interested in growing business than providing good customer service or listening to employees

Would never work for this company or recommend it

Management was very out of touch, only interested in growing company

co workers, for the most part, on edge and worried about their jobs and fearful of management

the job was really not enjoyable
Stay away
Manager (Current Employee), DC AreaMay 2, 2013
Pros: pays at the higher end of the scale, flexible work environment
Cons: poorly run, lack of focus and integrity
As a long term employee I would not recommend this place to anyone. When it was a small company the management was good, involved and truthful. Over the last few years as ARES tries to become a big company the management has lost its focus and integrity. They have a "good old boy" network within the company and knowing one of the senior VPs or CEO is the best path to advance. While they boast a lot of accomplishments; check the date those days are well in the past. The site management is very over reactionary and they tend to freak out when they hear a rumor from higher up the chain of command. In the last few years they have lost many of their key employees and and they getting beaten on bid submissions on a regular basis. If they hire you as a "Business Development VP", you will have less than a year before they suddenly fire you since the goals for that position are unrealistic.

Yes they will throw you a lot of $$ to come aboard, however if working environment and good management is a requirement of yours I would walk away.
Enjoy working very much
Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Torrance, CADecember 26, 2012
Pros: independent
Cons: not enough work
Professional environment with competitive edge. typical day was very challenging. Learned Management style. Management was very open door communication. Co-workers were very co-operative and team players. Hardest part of job was not enough work. Most enjoyable part of job was open communication with management.
Unreliable company
Private Contractor / Consultant (Former Employee), Los Alamos, NMJune 20, 2012
I wouldn't work for them again.

They mislead me and didn't appreciate my unique contributions.

About ARES Corporation

ARES Corporation is one of the foremost Engineering, Project Management, Reliability and Mission Assurance, IT Architecture and – Read more

ARES Corporation Salaries