Responsible for performing as a team member developing and implementing functionality for our internal and customer web development projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Defines, produces, tests, and documents program code.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS
Minimum of 7+ years relevant software development work experience building scalable middleware software or distributed systems enabling Web 2.0 functionality including the following features/techniques:
- ability to work proficiently in a LAMP environment with emphasis on PHP and MySQL.
- XML- and/or JSON-based APIs
- version control system, e.g. Microsoft Visual Source Safe (VSS), Sub Version, Source Safe, ALM, etc.
- MVC Structuring and CMS.
- mashups, merging content from different sources, client- and server-side
- syndication, aggregation and notification of data in RSS or Atom feeds
- rich Internet application techniques, often Ajax-based
- semantically valid XHTML and HTML markup
- Cascading Style Sheets
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Interpersonal skills: The individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral and Written communication: The individual speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Planning/organizing: The individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans. Solid estimating skills
- Quality control: The individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors work to ensure quality. Strong attention to detail and excellent numerical perception is required.
- Adaptability: The individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability: The individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Team-oriented: Ability to collaborate with resources across multiple business functions
- Self-motivated/Solutions oriented: Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Project management, team lead or supervisory experience
- Experience architecting and implementing highly available and scalable fault tolerant services
- High Load Application Development and Unit/ Load Testing, NUnit, etc
We are looking for a full-time, in-house, on-site professional.
Position includes health and vacation benefits.
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard