Argo Data Resource Corporation

Argo Data Resource Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Cutthroat environment
technical writer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 2, 2015
ARGO is not a good place to work. The environment is cutthroat!!!! The demands are ridiculous and management at times are unreasonable. Very stressful. CYA at all times!!!!! High turn over!!
Pros
Cake day!
Cons
Stressful environment
Good place to work for a first job
Certified Programmer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 8, 2014
I worked at ARGO as my first full-time job after college. Approximately 75% of the development staff were also fresh out of college. The turnover rate at any given time was atrocious as people realized that they could get better pay and benefits at other companies.

Most of the time, working for ARGO was alright. My co-workers were friendly and helpful, and the work was mostly undemanding. Unless you work on a customer implementation, then prepare for ridiculous hours, unreasonable demands, and stupid, unfiltered requirements. I spent two months on a customer implementation working twelve hours a day, 7 days a week. There were people who had been on that implementation for a year on that schedule. Management demanded that each developer resolve 2 defects a day, regardless of defect complexity.

Working on one of the base product teams is much easier, much more relaxed. However, during my time at ARGO, the base product I worked on had been so neglected for so many years that it didn't even function. And this is what we sold to customers. By the time I left, it was approximately 75% functional, up from 10%.

In short, there are a lot of challenges, but if you can overcome them, ARGO is a fine place to work for a few years to get experience.
No place to plan a future or career - just a job for starters out of school
Developer for software (Former Employee) –  Richardson officeJuly 9, 2015
Poor management and lots of expectations of performance with no direction. Would not work there again and do not recommend to professionals with experience, just new out of college to get some experience.

Did not learn anyting new.
Pros
Not many maybe people in teams
Cons
Bad management
Great entry level job
Application Developer/Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 21, 2013
Allowed me to learn many basic skills about professional IT work and interaction with groups and the SDLC. Managers were always sincere and feedback was promoted and encouraged. Made many lasting friendships.
Pros
company team sports
Cons
traveling sometimes was extensive
Interesting industry
Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 14, 2013
Learned useful knowledge from there. Fixed schedule. Nice co-workers.
Pros
nice office
Cons
low pay, not flexible schedule
ARGO is great place to work. The promote diversification and believe in inclusive meritocracy
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 8, 2013
Great team mates who are always there to assist me when ever I need them. All the Project managers and business line managers are great and approachable.
Boring place to work
Certified Programmer II (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 16, 2013
Spent most of my time waiting for work to do. I was board and unchallenged.

Want to know more about Argo Data Resource Corporation?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Argo Data Resource Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.