Argo Data Resource Corporation

Argo Data Resource Corporation Employer Reviews

Good place to work for a first job
Certified Programmer (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 8, 2014
I worked at ARGO as my first full-time job after college. Approximately 75% of the development staff were also fresh out of college. The turnover rate at any given time was atrocious as people realized that they could get better pay and benefits at other companies.

Most of the time, working for ARGO was alright. My co-workers were friendly and helpful, – more... and the work was mostly undemanding. Unless you work on a customer implementation, then prepare for ridiculous hours, unreasonable demands, and stupid, unfiltered requirements. I spent two months on a customer implementation working twelve hours a day, 7 days a week. There were people who had been on that implementation for a year on that schedule. Management demanded that each developer resolve 2 defects a day, regardless of defect complexity.

Working on one of the base product teams is much easier, much more relaxed. However, during my time at ARGO, the base product I worked on had been so neglected for so many years that it didn't even function. And this is what we sold to customers. By the time I left, it was approximately 75% functional, up from 10%.

In short, there are a lot of challenges, but if you can overcome them, ARGO is a fine place to work for a few years to get experience. – less
Great entry level job
Application Developer/Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 21, 2013
Pros: company team sports
Cons: traveling sometimes was extensive
Allowed me to learn many basic skills about professional IT work and interaction with groups and the SDLC. Managers were always sincere and feedback was promoted and encouraged. Made many lasting friendships.
ARGO is great place to work. The promote diversification and believe in inclusive meritocracy
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Richardson, TXNovember 8, 2013
Great team mates who are always there to assist me when ever I need them. All the Project managers and business line managers are great and approachable.
Boring place to work
Certified Programmer II (Current Employee), Richardson, TXSeptember 16, 2013
Spent most of my time waiting for work to do. I was board and unchallenged.
Quality Assurance \ Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 19, 2013
Writing test cases, executing test cases, write up defects, and work with the lead developers and the BA to resolved issues.