Argos is building a stronger integrated cement and ready mix company. We are now the second-largest cement producer in the Southeast and fourth-largest ready mix producer in the United States. What wont' change are the great people have made these companies successful and on whom our customers rely. What Argos brings to the mix are the financial stability, strong corporate governance and resources for continued improvement in technical knowledge, services and products. We also bring strong commitment to environmental and community sustainability. So with Argos USA, you get more!
The position’s primary purpose is to plan, design and secure resources to implement projects that improve the Plant’s ability to operate at optimum productivity and profitability in a safe, environmentally friendly manner.
Nature and Scope
The incumbent has no direct reports. The incumbent will execute the assigned projects with whatever resources (internal or external). Since departmental resources availability to the incumbent generally do not match the project workload; outside resources will usually be required to complete all project functions.
The incumbent is involved in identifying potential progress actions for the plant and, therefore, must have a good understanding of the operation, the internal challenges and the external constraints. The studies have to be developed considering new technologies and modern concepts regarding managerial systems and organizational structures.
The incumbent must have a good mechanical, electrical, and civil engineering knowledge. He/she must also have a good knowledge of project and cost management. Human skills are required to ensure good relationship with plant personnel and when dealing with contractors. The incumbent must have autonomy and initiative to develop his/her work with little control.
- Liaison between plant and vertical cement mill project team
- Full time on site - close coordination with remotely located project manager and construction manager
- Project management system interface with SAP
- Management of local contractors (surveyors, utilities, etc.)
- Manage data/drawings related to new and existing equipment
- Consolidate plant input on drawings/engineering review
- Coordination of training
- Participation in commissioning
- Provide assistance in the development and execution of capital projects with primary focus being the plant interface with the installation of a new vertical cement mill.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of process experience in the cement industry or related.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Position is located at plant site
MUST BE A US CITIZEN OR A PERMANENT RESIDENT IN THE US.