Argos

Argos Employer Reviews

Company has changed in the last 2 years. The security and the enviroment has become very tell and do not ask too many questions.
Argos store manager (Store manager) (Current Employee), St Stephen GreenFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: digital leader
Cons: poor support and lacks real leadership.
I enjoyed my first 3 years then the company changed , stopped lane 4 people development and have become very do what your told do not ask too many questions. Great company to learn the digital retail environment. A very loyal group to the company which at the moment is a very good asset.
Good team spirit
Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Elgin, ILDecember 22, 2013
Several receiving on a daily basis must have team sprit and be very open-minded to be cross trained in other departments
n/a
sales assistant (Former Employee), enfield retail parkFebruary 23, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
it was a good first insite and experience in a retail environment especially at a big company like argos which taught me alot of very important lessons/values i need to make me a better retail industry worker and finally showed me that retail is definitely one of a few industries i would love to be involved in.
Sales Advisor, Ilford (Current Employee), London, ENGDecember 21, 2014
a very busy environment, have to be on your feet for most of the time, i was till trained, learnt how to order products in from warehouse,
Customer Advisor (Former Employee), Ipswich, ENGDecember 20, 2014
Pros: good hours, friendly staff
Cons: hard work
i really enjoyed myself at Argos, some of the staff helped me out a lot and they are very kind, some of the management were great, very helpful and super kind

My co- workers were the highlight as they are all helpful in their own ways and i wish to stay in contact when i leave.

The hardest part was when the shop become very busy but the most enjoyable – more... part was being with most of the people that care and having fun but working hard at the same time. – less
Warehouse Operative
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGDecember 17, 2014
Very well run large business with a lot of staff and work to do, always a busy atmosphere and fast paced working environment.
Doesn't feel too long of a work day/night as it is so fast paced.
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Birstall and Birkenshaw, ENGDecember 17, 2014
this helped me a lot to learn about ict and other aspects

learned a lot about stuff i thought i knew but helped me understand more
Nice workplace
Customer Advisor (Former Employee), Dudley, ENGDecember 16, 2014
I really enjoyed working with Argos because I have gained new skills and experience within the Retail Industry and the staff are very friendly to get on with.
Fun Workplace
Christmas Temp Sales Advisor (Former Employee), West BromwichDecember 15, 2014
• Responsible for serving customers, advising them on products
• Dealing with enquiries and complaints in a professional manner
• Monitoring stocks
• Dealing with reservations made online
• Arranging displays
• Delivering stock to shop floor
• Working in stockroom
• Responsible for keeping the shop floor clean and safe for customers
• Welcoming & greeting – more... customers in professional manner – less
Varied, challenging and interesting.
Christmas Store Assistant (Former Employee), Norwich, ENGDecember 14, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: fixed term contract
There is no such thing as a typical day at Argos, with everyone expected to lend a hand with all aspects of day to day business from tills, to store rooms and beyond.
With a fun loving and happy team of people working together under the guidance of a very competent management team.
As with any job there will always be ups & downs from challenging days – more... where the sheer volume of customers sometimes feels unrelenting to making a customer's day, knowing that it was your efforts that put the smile on their face. – less
Very busy place to work!
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Birkenhead, ENGDecember 14, 2014
Pros: great freindly staff.
Cons: quite tiring.
Working within this store has been a great learning curve.
It is always busy here and you are constantly on your feet!
However the staff are very welcoming and it its enjoyable to be able to meet different people everyday.
Productive, Great work place.
Retail/sales associate as a christmas temp. (Former Employee), Grimsby, ENGDecember 12, 2014
In this job I loved that there was always something to do, everyone who worked there and customers were all very nice and polite.
The staff would help you at any time to if you needed help with anything. The most enjoyable part of the job I would say was helping customers and dealing with them. I just wish the job could have lasted longer, as it was – more... only a Christmas temp job. – less
Not a Bad Place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), Manchester ArndaleDecember 11, 2014
Pros: not many
Cons: management
it wasent bad .. management was a little moodie but other then that shifts were good should pay more for duties involved
FAST PACE
Store Manager (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGDecember 10, 2014
DO OR DIE. A FAST PACE, HI TEC AND UPPER MANAGEMENT DO NOT UNDER STAND THE PRESSURE AT THE FRONT LINE AND THE KPIS ARE ENDLESS
productive
Customer service and front or house staff (Former Employee), beestonDecember 7, 2014
my job at argos was to pick and select the items to order and occasionally work front of house on the tills. i had a ticket machine to work with and had to follow a system to find many items in the back warehouse. my hours was daytime which suited very well and the staff i worked with was really helkpful when i got started.
Great part-time job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Long EatonDecember 3, 2014
This was a part-time job that I secured whilst I was studying for my A-levels. It taught me how to work effectively with other people and also developed my customer services skills.
PART TIME JOB
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee), London, ENGLANDDecember 2, 2014
This was my part time job which gave me great confidence in dealing with customers and helped me to get a base for managing staff members.
Great people, work every weekend!
Customer Advisor/Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee), Ashington, ENGNovember 25, 2014
Pros: people, staff
Cons: everything else.
I enjoy the job but as I'm constantly on delivery's I work 6 days a week and 9/10 my only day off is on a Tuesday, and have early starts so feel I have no life outside work.
Fun workplace and Busy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Sutton,SurreyNovember 21, 2014
Pros: lunch break was fun
Cons: long hours
I worked for upstairs in the stock room from down on the shop floor helping the customers
fun happy place
Sales assistant (Former Employee), bristolNovember 19, 2014
Pros: instant discount, great working hours, polite friendly team
Cons: not enough money
team works really well together enjoyed going to work everyday and interacting with customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Argos

Argos is a catalogue merchant based in the United Kingdom and Ireland. With over 800 stores, it is the largest general-goods retailer – Read more