Argos

Argos Employer Reviews

Great staff and management, thoroughly enjoyed working there.
Customer Advisor (Former Employee), Carlow, IrelandApril 17, 2014
Pros: flexible lunches. challenging work. good pay.
Cons: cold stockroom. sometimes kept after hours. very little sidework.
Working at ARGOS never really felt like work, because I was enjoyed the work along with my colleagues to quote the old mantra "Choose a job you love, and you will never work a day".

The management were professional above all but had no disparity in joking around. Very approachable, and their constructive criticism felt exactly like that.

The hardest – more... part of the job I found was the new voice system, which had not entirely been perfected.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers and your allowance to socialize with them as your work is being completed. – less
Good team spirit
Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Elgin, ILDecember 22, 2013
Several receiving on a daily basis must have team sprit and be very open-minded to be cross trained in other departments
very friendly enviroment to work in.
Customer Advisor (Former Employee), Lisburn square N.irelandApril 2, 2013
Pros: working in a team
I would be face to face with the public everyday using tills processing refunds exchanges. I would also be at collection point making sure customers have the right order and checking they were happy with service the had recieved. Hardest part of working in argos would be dealing with diffcult complaints but i felt i handled these well and was trained – more... to a high standard to deal with complaints. – less
n/a
sales assistant (Former Employee), enfield retail parkFebruary 23, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
it was a good first insite and experience in a retail environment especially at a big company like argos which taught me alot of very important lessons/values i need to make me a better retail industry worker and finally showed me that retail is definitely one of a few industries i would love to be involved in.
Cheerful, happy place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Blyth, ENGJuly 19, 2014
Pros: very flexible, friendly environment.
Cons: low hours
Great company to work for in my short experience.

The management are great, and the staff are friendly. A happy work place is a productive work place!

Pay is average, and they are great with moving shifts etc if required. Very understandable management.

Can be hard to obtain a full-time contract however.
productive workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee), Swindon, ENGJuly 17, 2014
While working in Argos I have gained a lot of experience working in partnership with colleagues and closely with customers making sure they find everything they are looking for. I am trained everywhere in the store; picking in the stock room, tills, jewellery, collection and I spend a lot of time on the customer service desk.
A typical day at work for – more... me is spending most of the day on the customer service desk, helping customers who have enquiries, and those who need to return faulty or unwanted items. the hardest part of the job I believe is trying to explain things to those who don't have English as their first language. however I feel by spending a few extra minutes maybe writing it down they understand. I feel the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing us hit our targets on product care because we all work together as a team to make sure we hit it.
the managaement team in Argos are wonderful, they push us all to do our best and always praise where needed and always offering us ways to better our knowledge such as having regular briefings. I feel I get on very well with my co-workers, we are all trying to achieve the same things throughout the day and it is a very friendly environment. – less
Good place to work and the staff were friends too
Customer Services Advisor (Former Employee), Dublin, DJuly 17, 2014
Pros: we got 10% discount on our staff purchases
Cons: small contract hours
I started at 8am and balanced tills and all paperwork until the shop opened at 9.30am. Then serve customers while filling shop floor with stock. As the day got on some more staff would start their shift as the shop would get busier. I may have to pick from stockroom or put the jewelry delivery away. My colleagues and I had a great system when we knew – more... what the other was doing and it ran very smoothly. The hardest part of the job was being short staffed and customers waiting. I got on very well with all the staff members. – less
A Busy and Popular Retail Environment
Duty Manager (Current Employee), EpsomJuly 12, 2014
Pros: friendly team of collegues
Cons: very busy environment
A typical day at work involves manning the customer service desk, collection point and shop floor. Monitoring and co-ordinating my colleagues when required. Ensuring all stock on display meets the planogram standards and is regularly replaced and appropriate for the time of sale. Completing administrative work and cash office duties. Being responsible – more... for jewellery and watch sales and all safety precautions.

I have learnt great customer service skills and how to cope with huge amounts of pressure for long periods of time. I have also learnt how to deal with many different scenarios and to remain professional throughout. Additionally, I have learnt about budgeting and finance and have gained a strong awareness of business competition.

My co-workers range from students to senior members of staff and therefore I am able to work successfully in a team with all my colleagues. I started off as a temporary seasonal member of staff and now as a Duty Manager I am able to connect with and relate to all my colleagues at each level of the employee hierarchy.

The Hardest part of my job is the sheer pace and pressure that occurs continuously throughout my shifts and the unpredictability of customers' requests and behaviour. However, the most enjoyable part of my job is the variety in people that I engage with every day and the pleasure of training new members of staff and watching them succeed. – less
Great company
Christmas temp (Former Employee), BarryJuly 11, 2014
Pros: 10% discount
Cons: 3.5 hour shifts
Argos is a great company where everyone shares roles and enjoys it.
I learned so many key leadership skills here
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), ArklowJuly 10, 2014
Pros: all the knowledge i have gained
Cons: pay freeze as a manager and my team have now outpassed my pay
My day to day job was leading a team of 20 people on the salesfloor, ensuring all displays were 100 to planogram, all policies adhered to and creating an environment were the customer was at the heart of all we do.
Fast Paced
Customer Advisor (Current Employee), Torquay, ENGJuly 10, 2014
A typical days work is serving customers at till providing great customer service, and serving customers at collection point. Putting away deliveries on time, moving about in a quick but safe manor. The staff are really friendly and helpful as is the management team. What i have learned from Argos is that work well under pressure and can complete any – more... given task to a high standard. – less
Just, OK.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Whitehaven, ENGJuly 9, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: most things
The management are not good. The job itself isn't to bad but when the management keep changing everything it makes working life hard!
Good, fun working with good employees.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), Berwick-Upon-Tweed, ENGJuly 9, 2014
Pros: long hours, worth working for.
Cons: bad management.
Enjoyed working with last minute schedule. Management was quite bad as they have no common sense on how to treat people with hearing impairment like myself. I enjoyed interacting with customers and I liked working to make customers happy.
prodcutive and fun place
customer advisor (Former Employee), beeston nottinghamJuly 9, 2014
Pros: good laugh front of shop
Cons: stock room is boring
Can get strenuous but can be a laugh
At Argos I worked on the tills, collection and in the stockroom. A year at Argos put me in situations where I had to deal with customer’s problems and work successfully with a team.
can be a fun place to work
Customer Fulfillment Driver (Current Employee), Manchester, ENGJuly 7, 2014
Pros: getting out driving the van
Cons: no room for progression
I have learned from this role how to deal with a team and to get the most out the team to gain the best possible performance.
Enjoyable place to work
Christmas Customer Advisor (Former Employee), High Street, ENGJuly 7, 2014
Great place to work. People work as a team and put the customers needs first.
Professional
Bar staff (Former Employee), TreorchyJuly 7, 2014
Results orientated.

Mixture of tasks between pick and shop floor.

Temporary employment. Little training offered.

Decent work morale.

High pressure during Christmas period.

Fair expectations from management.
Good on floor staff very easy to work there but poor management
Customer Advisor (Former Employee), InvernessJuly 6, 2014
My typical day included collection and stockroom duties which was basically retrieving customers items from the stockroom and checking they were the correct items and handing them over. I had to be very efficient and organised. Everyone in the workplace worked together and communicated well. The job was all relatively simple until it was busy and some – more... people were out of the stockroom helping customer take larger items to their car. The job was enjoyable for the most part and i always looked forward to going.
the poor management came after I was total i was getting the job permanently after Christmas but I off work sick at the start of the year and then when i came back and filled in my back to work sheet I was then told my contract was not going to be made permanent. – less
working in agros
customer adviser (Former Employee), kings lynnJuly 4, 2014
I have learned how to come out of shell abit and not be so shy like I use to be but now I am a fun and out going person
Busy workplace
Customer service assistant (Former Employee), Wolverhampton Wulfrun CentreJuly 3, 2014
Pros: confidence boost
Cons: tedious tasks
A typical day at work;
Go straight to the stock rooms and wait for orders.
What I learned;
How to work quickly and calmly
My co-workers;
They were very nice but much older and would make me feel uncomfortable
Hardest part of the job;
Finding the stock quickly
Most enjoyable part;
Talking to customers

1 2 3 4 5

About Argos

Argos is a catalogue merchant based in the United Kingdom and Ireland. With over 800 stores, it is the largest general-goods retailer – Read more

Argos Photos