ARGOSY CASINO Employee Reviews

Horrible stay away
Cage & Credit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 3, 2017
Mgmt. is unaware of how to properly manage employees. There is absolutely no job security, the more friends you have in mgmt. the better. I wouldn't go back if my life depended on it.
Great staff and fun place to work.
CSO Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAApril 26, 2017
Typical day at work would be me coming in as a security guard, keeping workplace safe and using radio communications to report anything suspicious. We dealt with large sums of money and paperwork. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with irate customers who did not understand our polices as security. The most enjoyable part of job was watching people have fun and win large amounts of money.
Pros
payed weekly
Cons
uniforms.
Fun place to work
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Riverside, MOMarch 25, 2017
It is a fun fast paced environment. You are able to meet a lot of different people. You will have to be able to handle all different types of situations. The people you work with and deal cards to can all be fun!
Management sucks
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MOMarch 18, 2017
Work all holidays and weekends. Cussed at daily by customers and if its a big enough player you have to allow them to abuse you.discrimination is also allowed
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management and abuse by players
Nice place to work with several drawbacks.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MOMarch 1, 2017
A usual day is you clock in and get briefed by management as to what happened during the last shift and then you go out on the floor. you deal with table fills and assist patrons as well as deal with unruly customers. I learned alot about the casino industry. Management there is great for the second shift and overnight shift. The day shift however has a manager who micromanages to point of making it to where the officers can't do their jobs and one of the shift leads was so lazy he would make everyone do the jobs he didn't want to do.
Pros
free soda and free on the job training
Cons
Short breaks rude customers. inept management at times
Fun work enviornment
Chef Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MOFebruary 2, 2017
This was a great work envoirnment to expand my culinary knowledge. I had the oppurtunity to see many different styles and techneqies for food production and service.
Pros
options to different foods
Cons
oppurtunity for advancment
Was pretty nice place to work in the beginning, but then went south after 9-11-2001
Slot Attendant/Dealer (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILJanuary 14, 2017
After 9-11-2001 they had a large downsizing within the company to save money, as well as the implemented the ticket in ticket out slot machines. I liked being a slot attendant, even though sometimes it was really hard to keep up with the payouts and filling the machines.
I also liked being a dealer for the most part, unless I had to work with an arrogant pit boss. But over all this was a very good job, and the pay and benefits was fair.
Pros
Na
Cons
Had to work under hostile circumstances sometimes
Nice place to grow
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILJanuary 6, 2017
a lot of opportunity for growth.
a fun and friendly staff.
good pay.
Not so stressful.
by working here you will learn many things that will help you in everyday life.
Pros
room to grow in the company
Cons
weekends and holidays
management
Deli Server (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILJanuary 5, 2017
I loved how management rewarded employees. I did not like the long hours. I learned alot about the casino business and how rude customers can be as well.
Great
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MODecember 22, 2016
Very structured place, easy to train, management is OK as long as you speak up, and it is always exciting in there.
Best part about the job is paying out jackpots to the customers.
Benefits were great.
Main Banker (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILNovember 18, 2016
As cashier, you met a lot of frustrated people because they were not winning. You cashed personal checks or credit card checks and wonder where these people were getting that kind of money to play on. (which is why they were probably frustrated.)

You bidded on the schedule that you wanted in order of when hired. You worked weekends and holidays. Some shifts were 8 hrs. and some 10 hrs. days (standing).

Pay was great, since we were in a union.
Pros
fe was set up with some free food for us and tvs to watch & a quiet room.
Cons
Not family friendly. Bidded schedules.
Fun filled work environment with great team members and benefits
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MOSeptember 12, 2016
I really enjoyed being part of this company. The staff, management, and crew were all really kind and there was a good energy among us all. They treated their employees very well, we had an awesome break room, their were always incentives and fun activities to participate in, and so many perks! They were very accomodating to my needs while pregnant and while nursing. There is an employee gym that is accessible 24/7. Definitely one of the best places I have ever worked for.
Pros
Discounts throughout the hotel and restaurants, cheap employee meals, perks, incentives, benefits.
Cons
Have to work around cigarette and cigar smoke
I enjoyed the job
Cage Cashier/Vault Person/Banker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MOMay 31, 2016
I really enjoyed this job. It was wonderful to meet all different kinds of people. I liked watching them have fun. I enjoyed most of the people I worked with some of the managers were not as well trained as I felt they should have been but over all it was a great place to work.
Fun place to work. Great managment.
Casino Host (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INDecember 1, 2015
Fun place to work and gain experience at many levels. Many good employees. Great place to learn casino industry. Management very fair with employees.
Pros
great management with good pay and benefits
Cons
smoke enviroment
Fun atmosphere
Training Supervisor / Slot Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INNovember 3, 2015
This was a fun place to work, always meeting new people. I enjoyed my colleagues, we had a good time. I did not like the overnight shifts.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
overnight shifts
Gaming company that has high growth potential
Food and Beverage Director (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LaAugust 6, 2015
Negotiate process with food and alcohol vendors while delivering high level of service. Executive Team well trained and always professional. Recognition and praise strong part of the culture
Pros
Culture, Experience, Executive Team
Cons
Overnight
Excellent place of employment
Argosy Casino Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJune 16, 2015
Working at the Argosy was enjoyable and exciting. New challanges on a daily basis. Challenges were a daily occurance also. Never a dull moment working at the Argosy.
Pros
Lunches and dinners were very good and the price we paid was reasonable.
Cons
Holiday work days were very long.
Was a great job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 14, 2015
I learned a lot about different types of meats, i learned new experience with customers. Typical day was either cashier or prep.
Good People
Surveillance Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MOApril 22, 2015
Good co-workers, pay was great. Lunch was on 2.00 a day for a real good meal. Job is what you make of it. It can be easy unless you make it hard
fun and exiciting
Cocktail Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILApril 8, 2015
Argosy is a fun and exciting pace to work, great employees that become like a second family. I love getting to meet new people from day to day. Management always seems to understand that when you are raising a family you sometimes need a secluded that will work around it the best they can.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARGOSY CASINO. Our community is ready to answer.