Argosy Cruises Employee Reviews

Fun if you are home from college for the summer!
Bartender, Tour guide, Deckhand (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 17, 2017
Its a great summer job where you will work hard everyday and make decent money. It slows a lot in the winter so not great for year round work. Definitely good for college students.
Pros
Helpful, Learning environment
Cons
Long days, not great pay for the amount of work
Great place to work!
Boat Crew, Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 19, 2016
Argosy has been the best place for me to learn and grow not just in the workplace, but overall. I started out working on the boats and eventually switched to guest services for more standard hours each week. I really got to know and love the tourism industry here in Seattle. I also learned to overcome my fear of public speaking in addition to learning important skills that I can apply to any restaurant/hospitality company that I apply to. I love coming to work every day and love the coworkers that I have. The work is fun, entertaining, and sometimes stressful, but its really worth the effort that I put into it. I would recommend this job to anyone that wants to push themselves, have fun at work, and be a part of a great team.
Pros
Work is great, people are great, management is great.
Cons
Hours slow down during the winter season
Very fun place with a lot of fun coworkers
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 2, 2013
I would sell tickets, take photos of people boarding the boats, sell the photos, and give general information to tourists. I really loved working for Argosy, but I left because I needed a job with a guaranteed 40 hours/week and they couldn't provide that in the off-season.
Pros
fun environment, great interaction with tourists, variety of tasks
Cons
not always 40 hrs/week
Fun and productive work atmosphere
Deckhand, Bartender, Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 9, 2015
It was a unique experience I would recommend to anyone not afraid of public speaking. I learned a lot about people and myself while performing at this job.
Fun and eventful, beautiful cruises over pudget sound
BANQUET COOK/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 25, 2014
It was a busy fast paced job supervising staff for a buffet that can feed anywhere from 100 to 700 people a day. I took away a knowledge of native american culture and the experience of working in a kitchen galley on a moving dinner cruise ship.
Pros
FREE BOAT RIDES
Great Place to Build Your Skills
Captain (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 9, 2012
Entry level employees are perfect for this company- they focus a lot on training and new skills. Customer service, hospitality, restaurants, boats. They teach it all, you just need the smile.
Pros
can work a lot, tips, commuter voucher program, partner discounts, free/cheap cruises
Cons
seasonal
Hard work
Server Deckhand (Former Employee) –  Seattle waFebruary 24, 2012
I worked for Argosy for 2 years and found in the beginning of my employment the work hard but satisfying. Then there was a rearranging in management, after which the work environment became unhappy, unorganized, and demeaning.
Pros
occasionally food for 10 min during a 10hr shift, lots of visitors
a fun workplace everyone gets along with everybody
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Seattle,WADecember 7, 2011
i would work here again and again
the supervisor to the owner of the company knows everybody by there first names
work parties at the end of the season for example Christmas and Halloween party
Pros
tips, free lunches, and meeting new people
Cons
its only seasonal
Great management and job
Deckhand (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 17, 2014
Management was amazing and the job can't be beat but all you do over the summer is work, work, work and the pay is less than minimum wage due to different rules and regulations for mariners.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Argosy Cruises. Our community is ready to answer.

Argosy Cruises Reviews by Location