Argosy University Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to work, everyone is kind, intereting, and motivated.
Student Assistant Worker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2016
The most enjoyable part of Argosy is the climate, everyone is friendly and willing to help one another. If something goes wrong or a mistake is made, no one points a finger, the mission is to solve the problem and learn not to let it happen again. Learn what went wrong, how can we move forward and continue to make a difference.
Pros
Close to the tollway and galleria, love access to library
Cons
no cons
I would not recommend Argosy
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 20, 2016
I never was proud to say I worked at Argosy. They have inflated prices, would do anything to get a student, and didn't have the resources students/staff needed to be successful. They called the admissions group "assistant directors", but just pushed for more and more of a sales environment where the Director micro-manages staff out of their jobs.
Pros
Reduced educational costs (if you meet strict criteria)
Cons
Involved and great work study while in school
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 1, 2016
I absolutely love working as a lab assistant for the ultrasound lab department in general vascular and echo. Great work-study position as this propels you at the top of your class and allows you to get experience working with your professors
Have enjoyed teaching, learning and growing
Substitute and Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 14, 2016
Argosy has given me an opportunity to expand on my teaching skills. I have received excellent feedback from the students I teach and the professors I cover.
Pros
Creativity and autonomy
Cons
Difficult to get adjunct position without doctoral degree
This company and the people were always a pleasure to be around and work with!
Financial Aid Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 18, 2016
The position of Financial Aid Office Assistant was challenging and exciting. Working both individually and as a key team member made the job fulfilling.
Acceptance
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 11, 2016
What I have learned is how to navigate through a diverse population of not only co-workers but also students. The best part of the job is being able to learn through diversity and accept what others may not be able to understand.
Ever Changing
Student Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CAJune 9, 2016
Argosy University allows it's students multiple locations and flexible degree programs built to meet all student population, lifestyle and schedule. The for profit colleges and universities have come under scrutiny for their marketing tactics and admissions standards because of bad press. The industry is constantly finding innovative ways to grow it's student body. With that in mind Argosy allows room for growth in innovation and individual talent. This has sparked a high growth of employee enrichment, a focus on health and wellness and constant teambuilding. The culture of the day to day campus life is diverse in background, individual talent and experiences. I've learned to always be ready for almost anything, because a large collection of skills and experiences allows you to perform at your highest ability. I've enjoyed the success of helping students as well as teambuilding with multiple departments across the campus and university wide.
Do not apply!
Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 22, 2016
Argosy has unethical practices and have been sued for over 95 million. They do not value employees or students, especially the dc campus. Don't do it!
Pros
Difficult place to work with
Online adjunct professor (Current Employee) –  virtualMay 12, 2016
Great students, good curriculum, poorly managed. This place has the potential do be very good at distance education, but it keeps shooting itself in the foot by dismissing and discounting the value of its instructors.
Pros
Good curriculum
Cons
Poorly managed
not a good place to work
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 2, 2016
I was accosted by a co worker who made it impossible for me to work there. The management did not help with the situation. They do not value your hard work that you put in.
Cons
very rigid on what they expect
Good Start
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 30, 2016
It was a good place to get started or get back on your feet. They actually pay OK, but it is demanding. Management was fine, co workers were fine as well.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Demanding
Seaattle Campus closing, good school for militray
Student FT (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 1, 2016
Argosy was great for military they were well versed in handling our benefits. The transition into school was eased by the competent staff.
NIce place but many issues
Military Outreach Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 21, 2016
Leadership is from top down, they do not communicate very well with junior personnel.
Good people working at the campuses but their hands are tied.
Highly Diverse group
Admissions Student Worker Support (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXApril 6, 2016
Argosy is a highly diverse group of individuals to take care in providing excellent service to students, faculty and staff. The most enjoyable part of my job is the students with whom I have the pleasure of working with.
Terrible place to work.
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 4, 2016
They laid off some many people and pushed people out of their jobs.
This company deserves whatever terrible fate they get!
Pros
non
Interesting position but unpredictable scheduling
Instructor - English (Current Employee) –  home onlineDecember 28, 2015
Argosy provided at least three productive years of part-time teaching, however, suddenly stopped offering schedules to me - although I had excellent evaluations. When calling to inquire, they always simply say that they do not have enough enrollment to provide teaching schedules for everyone.

Lack of communication
Pros
Good earning opportunity when scheduled to teach
Cons
lack of communication
Great School
Director of Student Success (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 17, 2016
Argosy is a fantastic school with qualified instructors. I grew in my skills to forecast and analyze run rates to meet sales goals. Coached and mentored sales team to meet monthly sales objectives.
work study
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 29, 2016
it was good I like it the company was ideal for student that need to work and go to school there was nothing else to be study
I would recommend this to any one that need a good start
Nope
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 29, 2016
I would never work for Argosy again. The one in Tampa has too many problems with managers and staff being best friends. Very backbiting.
Pros
Non
Cons
Too many
Well developed program for perfect work/life balance
Online Student (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 22, 2016
Caring professionals and staff; the courseload and assignments utilized real life experience. The length of classes is sufficient to learn objectives and too lengthy.