Argosy University Employee Reviews

Good School
Business Department Chair and Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 22, 2017
High level of academic rigor.Excellent for working adulta to advance their careers. Ph.D. required to teach or advise, plus ten years of experience needed.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits
Cons
very competitive market in Phoenix75
Online Position
Adjunct Online Faculty (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 18, 2017
This is an online position as a Bachelor's level instructor. I typically log in daily to read and respond to student posts, including dropbox items, and emails, which include grading assignments. A typical day at work depends on the number of students who have posted that day. Due dates are typically heavier than other days. The beginning of the week is generally less busy that toward the end of the week when everyone rushes to post by the posted due date. Management is very supportive and holds monthly online faculty meetings. Trainings are available and posted frequently to allow for continued education credits. There's not really a "hard part" to this job but I'd say the most frustrating part is the fact that quarters are only five weeks which expedites the amount of time a student has to complete assignments and because of this, some students constantly submit work after the posted deadline which means who have to enter a 0 and then go back and regrade when they do post. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the students and engaging with other faculty members on the monthly faculty training calls.
Pros
Short quarters - students can move on to the next class
Cons
Short quarters - students are expected to complete assignments quickly
not a good place to work
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2017
convince young students to go into debt for a questionable degree from a dubious institution, profits first and always, would enroll anyone to get the government funding, even if student's credentials were questionable
Pros
esprit de corps
Cons
endless, repeated phone calls
Finance Counselor
FINANCE COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 4, 2017
Great environment and people. We are in the process of closing on the sale of the company so pay raises are frozen but are expected to restart in a few months. They are set to grow and begin hiring.
Pros
great people to work with management in finance is great getting better in admissions
Cons
we do nothave a huge turnover in management, so until we grow there will be a limited amount of management positions, available
Not a fun place to work
Financial Aid Advisor/Tuition Planner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 3, 2017
Poor management culture. Some employees are very unprofessional. Not student centered. Poor customer service towards students. Management not open to ideas from employees.
Pros
Decent pay, tuition remission program
Cons
Poor organizational culture. Policies and procedures change on a daily basis.
Productive place to work
Adjunct Professor (Graduate Studies) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2017
I enjoy working for Argosy University, I just wish that I could obtain a full-time position working at the place that I love. Working full-time would allow me to achieve my goal of providing students with a sound structural foundation in the area of Human Services.
Pros
Great manager, excellent assignment of classes
Cons
Only an adjunct position
Staff
Adjunct Ultrasound Instructor (RDMS, RVT) (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 2, 2017
Unstable environment while working. Enjoy the people but the program always seems to be in transition. Lack of clear standards for teaching. Constant staff turn over.
sunset for the online-education industry
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 31, 2017
should have stayed with the graduate level education online system. they got greedy and jumped into all levels and burned up. Persently trying to sell themselves to a non-profit to continue operating, facing regulatory oversight.
Higher Education Institution, extremely high-standards.
New Student Coordinator/Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 24, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed this position. Academic atmosphere, highly encouraging and inspirational. All staff from students to facility were the most professional and supportive team I had the pleasure of being a part of.
slow and boring
Associate (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 16, 2017
On a daily basis I make coffee or cookies if need be but half the time I end up standing doing nothing due to the fact not many people are there. But when needed I am able to study.
Pros
bookstore discounts, possible study time
Cons
Boring
Like teaching
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 16, 2017
Provide a learning environment.
Interact with students from varying backgrounds.
Friendly working environment.
Constantly challenged by the students and enjoyed the experience of not only teaching, but learning from the students.
Pros
Great opportunity for new Adjunct Professors
Cons
Low pay
teamwork, supportive, and flexible
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 15, 2017
I was employed at Argosy University for one year. I was hired about three months after relocating to Hawaii from overseas. All staff from top to bottom were accommodating and friendly. Whenever I needed any assistance or time off for the unexpected, they were accommodating and was willing fill-in during my absence.
Pros
flexible
Cons
accommodating
Interesting place
Assistant Admissions Director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2017
It was a job. I worked with good people trying to get students to go for worthless online degrees in the under graduate space. The Psychology Grad programs were the only things of any substance that were offered.
Fun college to go to
Student (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 15, 2017
I learned a lot from Argosy University and the instructors were very helpful in helping me with my degree. My academic advisor was also helping in making sure I take the right classes and the classes that I want to take. The classes were a challenge, but I made it through and was able to get my degree at a really good rate.
Good People
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 7, 2017
Argosy was a great organization but when Gainful Employment hit the for-profit industry things had to change. Unfortunately upper management made changed to upper leadership that weren't good for the organization and it has suffered since.
Pros
People
Cons
Leadership
Good environment; positive outlook; good teamwork all the way around
Department Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 7, 2017
Argosy is a good place to work; students, faculty and staff are all very supportive of each other. There is a goal to make this campus even better with each passing day. I would not even consider leaving if the University were not relocating to San Francisco.
Great Place to work
Student Services Work Study (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 7, 2017
I love working here the staff is very supportive of all aspects of our lives outside of work. I am a current student and work another job outside of this one and scheduling around those and my family life is not difficult.
N/a
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 7, 2017
Brightwood College better suites my personality in admissions. Argosy University's admissions is very quiet. Admissions is generally fun, laughter, very talkative and Argosy is the opposite.
Argosy is a great workplace.
Online English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2017
This job is very enjoyable. It is an online exclusive job. The most enjoyable part of the job is to interact with people from all over the country and even world sometimes.
Disappointing Experience
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 1, 2017
What was a hopeful beginning turned out to be a disappointing experience. New DOA left after 3 months due to the stress and negativity of the job and co-workers. Lead system is outdated and no real lead protection. Calling leads as old as 10 years. Very frustrating on many levels. Veteran co-workers were shockingly negative about their dislike for working there.Most everyone kept to themselves in their offices and didn't seem overly interested in supporting myself or each other in general. Company currently being sold to a non-profit organization,as well. Salary was decent but not enough to want me to continue with the organization sadly.
Pros
Salary, Paid Vacation & Medical/Dental Benefits
Cons
Negative Atmosphere, No Real Team Support, Outdated Lead System

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Argosy University. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7