argosy university

argosy university Employee Reviews

Poor Management with Zero Job Security
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee), San DiegoMay 20, 2015
Pros: Going to lunch and going to home
Cons: The Directors and President treat everyone like they are stupid, make us enroll students who are not capable of being successful in college, because they say they are "numbers"
A typical day working for this company revolves around answering phones and trying to get potential students to come in and sign up for a school that misrepresents themselves as a college. They would prey on students that were low cognitively and had socioeconomic problems and/or homeless and would attempt to sell them the American dream. That is that if they went to school and graduated they would become a police officer or an accountant or a psychologist. The truth is with the poor accreditation that supports the university they will be lucky to get a job in retail once they graduate. Because Argosy is a for-profit college, they will graduate with 57,000 in debt with a degree that isn't worth the paper it is printed on. My job was to promise students the money that they would get back in terms of money to go to school and how to keep them happy. I also had to help plan the classes they needed to take and how many would fit into their schedule so they could graduate. Many of the students had severe mental issues that at times would cause them to be placed in mental hospitals and my job was to encourage the students so that the universities numbers didn't drop and they could still draw money from the student. The most enjoyable part of my job was my coworkers. They supported each other when the directors would verbally abuse us. They are the reason why most people keep coming back to work. The directors are morally corrupt and let each of us know that we can be replaced by new people each and every day. The President of the college once threatened a person who had been there for a couple of years that she was going to go over to the fast food place next door and look for her replacement because she was done with her. This is a typical day of the behavior of the people that are in charge at that place.
Excellent work environment
Government Student Worker (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Excellent office environment
Cons: Plenty of breaks and office luncheon parties
The staff at the university are very friendly, it is a pleasant place to work. A typical day includes scanning documents and working the front desk. The job is not difficult and helping the staff members is most enjoyable.
A very good place to work
Adjuct Professor (Current Employee), Schaumburg CampusMay 8, 2015
Pros: Academic freedo
Cons: To far from my house
Argosy University is a very good place to work and go to class. There is a very good working relationship between upper management and faculty.
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 28, 2015
Fine place to work. Very slow to stale growth offering no room for advancement. Typical schedule of 830-530 with some Saturdays.
Juniata College
Team Member (Former Employee), Huntingdon, PAApril 6, 2015
Juniata College is one of the best smaller schools in the country. It provides a great education with a wealth of experience.
For Profit School
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2015
High quotas with little training in the beginning, and then no continuous training. Employees have to be quite at all times and are not allowed to converse with each other, as they are supposed to simply dial the phones the whole day.
Fast paced and ever changing environment
Senior Finance Counselor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 13, 2015
The people at this company are wonderful. No day is ever the same as the day before. It is important to be a well organized, creative, and flexible individual while working here.
High Paced
Admission Advisor (Current Employee), Pittsburgh PAMarch 3, 2015
High paced workplace, always be on your toes.I have worked there for over a year and have always been worried about job security.
Flexible and Rewarding Career
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), San Francisco, CaFebruary 25, 2015
ABA Therapy is a wonderful field to get in to. I was allowed a lot of flexibility in my work schedules. All of my co-workers were very friendly and big on helping each other as well as communication. I took a lot of interpersonal skills from this job and it has been one of my favorite jobs I have held.
Interesting position but highly stressful
Finance Counselor (Former Employee), Chandler AZFebruary 24, 2015
I learned a great deal about student loans and how to talk to students effectively. Management expected high talk time and a great deal of progress getting students to pay monies owed. Coworkers were helpful in their suggestions but each worker was responsible for 300 students. Each worker was responsible for 4 to 5 reports processed each week. Great amounts of turnover on a regular basis.
Student Worker (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: easy hours and work
Cons: not enough hours or pay
I was kept busy but was expected to do tasks that I wasn't qualified for or wasn't given proper training to learn. All the employees were friendly and nice. I would come in and; answer back emails, listen to voice mails and call them back, work on reports, scan and upload documents, make copies and file confidential information. Since I was a student worker I couldn't work more hours or get a raise.
Student Worker (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: easy hours and work
Cons: not enough hours or pay
*Student Review*
Candidate for (DBA) (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: none to speak of
I am student so from where I stand staff seems to be happy. However what effort you put in are the results you enjoy. In all my professional career I understand that the more people complain the less work they actually do.
Great people who could use better corporate support
Associate Director of Student Financial Services (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 18, 2014
Pros: compensation, face to face, experience
Cons: work-life balance, support
This company is filled with great people and diverse personalities. And, the opportunity to work face to face with the student population is a definite plus. With more support from off campus and a consistent company culture employees have a real change to grow and flourish.
Argosy University
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2014
Argosy or EDMC is a good employer and I am proud to say that I am employed there. The staff members are helpful and my Supervisor is approachable and easy to work with. I enjoy being employed at Argosy University because I like being a part of someone education. I enjoy working with the students.
Rewarding
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIDecember 3, 2014
Love the students
Very supportive program full of motivated people
Doctoral Student
Doctoral Student (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2014
Argosy University provides great support and works hard to help its students succeed. Its curriculum is very rigorous and after graduation, students are well prepared to step into whatever career path they choose.
Unstable company
Online Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2014
Good environment for self reliant, independent workers. I was able to do my job at a high level without micro management. Freedom to develop projects and encouraged by direct manager to follow through on many of those projects.
There is quite a bit of disconnect between operational managers and production. Many times decisions or changes seemed to be made for the sake showing action.
I had a great experience working as a full time assistant professor with Argosy University. I worked in a very supportive environment.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2014
I was able to gain a great deal of experience from the Argosy University culture. The working environment was conducive to my career goals and interests and very supportive.
Wonderful coworkers
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 15, 2014
Very talented fellow employees.
Great location.
Students are the best part of the job.
Helping people is awesome.

1 2 3 4 5

About argosy university

Worried that traditional higher education could leave you enlightened but unemployed? Education Management may have the solution. – Read more

argosy university Salaries