Responsible for coordination of quality improvement activities of Argus of Colorado and continuing education activities of staff.
Level of Responsibility:
Works under the direction of the Director of Nursing
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Evaluates the effectiveness of agency services for improving health care to the populations served.
2. Implements, integrates and maintains Quality Improvement.
3. Monitors quality and appropriateness of services and products through evaluation and information provided by primary care providers and other field staff.
4. Evaluates the effectiveness and outcomes of care.
5. Monitors for compliance with regulatory requirements, standards of practice, accreditation standards and policies and procedures.
6. Provides leadership in developing and implementing satisfaction surveys for clients, physicians, referral sources and other appropriate groups.
7. Performs routine client care record audits.
8. Develops and maintains staff orientation and continuing education programs, including planning, arranging for speakers and equipment and documentation of training.
9. Monitors compliance with requirements for aide education.
10. Chairs quarterly clinical record review and other appropriate committees.
11. Provides leadership in implementing annual agency evaluation.
12. Participates in appropriate committees.
13. Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of job performance.
14. Complies with all applicable laws, regulations and standards in performance of job functions.
15. Performs other related functions as required.
a) A associate degree in nursing from a school accredited by the National League for Nursing.
b) Recent, pertinent continuing education (baccalaureate degree preferred).
A minimum of one year's home care experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Thorough knowledge and skill in current nursing practice.
2. Knowledge of the concept of team nursing.
3. Knowledge of the development of plans for client care and the ability to participate in them.
4. Ability to accept and utilize supervision.
5. Ability to recognize the needs and concerns of people, and to maintain constructive working relationships in dealing with them.
6. Ability to supervise.
7. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
1. Current state licensure to practice as a registered nurse. Special certification as appropriate.
2. Valid, current State driver's license.
3. Access to a reliable automobile.