ARGUS Employee Reviews

A job not a career
Hoist Operator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 8, 2017
The job could be easy going and enjoyable at times but there is alot of stress that comes with it at times. Overall i would do it all over again with this company.
Pros
great people, great learning of being versitile.
Cons
cuthroat people to get you fired
N/a
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 20, 2017
It is a contract company which places you at different jobs depending upon your skill set. I look at it as a job and nothing more than that. People can make there own minds up about working for any contract agency.
Non Freindly & not honest
Tech analyst CCAR (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 26, 2017
Mgt would lie about client engagements & then would expect you to work for the very same client they lied about: lie about location, hours, role. Basically they would tell you anything to keep you working. I quit quickly because of this but also because there was no diversity as a Caucasian woman - culture was also not positive toward women
Pros
I quit
Cons
I worked there for 21 days
It was ok
Portor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan OHApril 18, 2017
I liked it didnt like the hrs was not getting enough to live on. And I really like the people I worked with all I was doing was an driving jeeps out of the building after the headlers was put in and when we was not busy I would put up a broom and start swiping just to say busy but other then that it was a great place to work
Room for advancement
Recruiter / Lead Dispatcher/ Onsite Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 4, 2017
As an employee for Staffing Partners (aka Argus), I was hired with the purpose of advancing as a recruiter. While at Staffing Partners I acquired a great deal of knowledge as to the administrative side of my position. With that being said, it allowed me to understand the urgency of details and efficiency in the day-to-day operations of my position.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
vacation days reduced due to short staffing
Fun productive work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 21, 2017
This job you have to be able to move quickly and keep up with the customers.Managment is very understanding and willing to work with you.The hardest part is having to deal with drunk customers and fights.
Pros
Cons
Long standing hours
Argus is a pretty good agency to work there pretty good jobs
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 8, 2017
Argus is a pretty good agency they have work some jobs take a while to get it but fairly good agency jobs pay pretty well all around it's an OK place to work and find jobs A lot of the jobs are for out well most of the jobs are for out so Morrow close by in the area that I live
Project Manager - Outside Sales
Project Manager/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 18, 2016
Study, contact, and obtain new accounts. Grow and expand existing accounts. Account Manager and principal customer contact and act as direct Customer Service Representative. Engage with customer engineering staff to reduce product cost. Analyze customer drawings and specifications to ensure compliance. Prepare bids for machined hardware and precision assemblies. Coordinate and schedule projects and project changes. Purchase of raw materials and services. Manage and obtain new suppliers.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Owner was skimming receipts from the business
Good Introductory to Automotive and Manufacturing skill set
Renhill Contractor (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 6, 2016
Come in Monday through Friday 7 am to already be late due to time clock set 6 min faster to standard time. (taking 15 min off your time if you are 1 min late automatically making you 14 min late). Must inquire about door entry code because they wont tell you. Work required is easy to accomplish. Must have common sense and the ability to be self motivated. Quick learning is also a must. Lack of organized training makes the job challenging. Many coworkers lack motivation and enthusiasm for job therefore you might find yourself doing more work than is required for your direct position. but the more you know the more valuable you are. Management sells that they are open door but seem cold. most employees seemed scared for their jobs because he has a quick to fire mentality. I would say the most enjoyable part of the day is when the work load is heavy it makes the day go by quicker, i mean the work is easy you just got to apply yourself.
fun places to work
Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 11, 2016
I learned that work is what you put in. Its a fun place to work and all of the recuriters are very helpful. Once my contract ended they were very helpful with finding me another job.
Friendly enviroment
Insulator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 12, 2016
i enjoyed working with Argus contracting and would be willing to work for the again, wish it was a steady job. but all in all a good company to work for
Pros
everything on time, every one works hard
Cons
Cant think of any
My work place is good
Global Supply Chain/Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy MiSeptember 18, 2015
A typical day at work I oversee eight employees, wonderful team love working with. I learn something be it with learning new accounts or cross training with my team.Sometime the hardest thing about my job is when you have a demand from multiple customers at the same time,but you just have to pace yourself and tackle one load at a time.The enjoyable thing about my job, I Love What I do!
Pros
Praise from my customers
Cons
n/a
It was a fun and fast paced environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GASeptember 14, 2015
You would help people find there seats if they couldn't find them and help them locate where they needed to sit. I learned to help people and i learned some things about security.
DBA (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 11, 2015
Excellent Company to work for. Good management. Good benefit. Generally, It is an excellent company. Fun work place with supportive management. Personally grow and develop.
Productive and hard working
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 29, 2015
The day would be slow at first but after break the day would speed up and by the time it's over, your shift for the day is done.
I learned how to assemble parts for the complete project and how to solder.
Management was okay, not but the best but friendly.
The hardest part of the job was the tasks at hand, from switching from one line to another and keeping everything organized when you already have a lot of responsibilities at hand.
Co-workers were friendly and helpful.
The most enjoyable part of the job was just being able to sit down from long periods of time standing.
Very easy part time job.
Event Staffing (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 17, 2015
Company is very easy work with if you have full time job. Because most employees are employed full time. A lot employees are retirees so its no very physically demanding. I enjoyed working the football games the most
Pros
easy work. get to be at events. concerts. conventions
Cons
not enough to hours. more a part time job
I was an internal auditor where I reviewed freight bills.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 3, 2015
I was an internal auditor where I reviewed and managed freight bills that came through from multiple carriers and companies. I would solve and kind of problems including duplicate billing.
Pros
lunch
Cons
no paid overtime
Argus
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 9, 2015
A typical day at work consists of us checking in and finding where we will be stationed at. I learned to help people and to be able to think on my feet. The hardest part of the job is having to be on your feet all day. The most enjoyable part of my day is getting to help people.
Security and crowd controll
Security (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaNovember 10, 2014
No one day is the same. Its a different experience everyday coming to work from work with crowds over 25,000 plus or bascially guarding warehouse supplies or the warehouse itself.
Good place to Start
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Redford, MIOctober 13, 2014
Co-worker were great! They are willing to help you get better if your struggling. Management is okay but it not complete organized about their standards.