Arhaus Furniture Employee Reviews

Great place to work if your are NOT in IT
Special Project/Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHMarch 21, 2017
Traditionally poor management. No idea how to properly manage and motivate IT workers. However, company has a good culture if you are into design and aesthetics.
Extremly disorganized unproffesional workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 17, 2017
Run away fast!. This company is very clicky!. If your in ?. Great! if not!. You wont last!.. the worst job i have ever had. The owner is fickle. No one has a clue what there doing. The blind leading the blind!.
Cons
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHMarch 14, 2017
I was a Customer Service Representative here for 10 years. Though it was mostly phone work and placing replacement orders I also worked with the warehouse crew for shipping and the buyers for new product.

I learned a lot about furniture, mostly care for pieces that were shipped from different parts of the country as well as design as we often visited our local stores.

Management was great, my supervisor was always fair, understanding and always had a smile on her face, made you feel good to be there.

Workplace culture, well there wasn't too much. They had their yearly meetings where we would have a large award show and the president of the company spoke of where the company had come from and where is it going.

The hardest part of the job was during the holidays and people would be really upset about getting damaged product and how they would take their anger out on you.

The most enjoyable was working with my team, my boss and all the great people within the company.
driver helper
Delivery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDFebruary 15, 2017
delivering appliances and assembling, meeting face to face with customers. keeping track of items delivered and picked up working as a team within the company to achieve great service
Don't let them fool you!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXFebruary 10, 2017
Worked for Arhaus less than a year. It is a beautiful store and I loved the furniture. There are a few employee that have been there a very long time that are making a huge salary. Only until recently have they changed the way sales employees get paid. Still very low commission structure. There were times when there were no customers in the store so, you are expected to repeatedly call past customers to get them back in the store. I felt to the point of harassment. So not only are you a sales associate but the marketing person as well. Poor management. They hire inexperienced people to run these store. The fighting among employees goes on daily. Constant fighting over customers. Really too bad because I was excited to get the job and thought I would make some money. Oh and you will work every weekend so forget about have any kind of life if you work here.
Pros
Lovely store
Cons
Poor pay, poor management
Work you hard and you don't get compincated for it
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston Heights, OHFebruary 9, 2017
Needs to pay more. Take better care of the employees. Give them a better chance to move up in the company and excel they play favoritism with their employees.
Verdict is still out
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 7, 2017
I love the product line and that has what I have been addicted to for as long as I can remember. If you are driven, ambitious, and have a love for design its a great place.
Lack of Ethics
Management (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2017
Very impressed my first few months with the immediate feel of family, expense of training and travel, support and beautiful furnishings in a impressive showroom. Then the nightmare began. I do hope the new CEO can make changes. Very disappointing.
Pros
Beautiful Furniture
Cons
Lack of quality leadership
Beautiful store, wonderful co-workers
Interior Specialist/Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 4, 2017
Greeted every person that walked in the showroom, made connections with the clients. Chose room layouts with furniture, rugs and accessories. Had to make a monthly quota which was hard to do sometimes, being the store is in a mall.
Pros
Great people to work with.Pay was good.
Cons
Having to make a monthly quota
if you love interior design you'll love Arhaus
Interior Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJanuary 9, 2017
There are a very long days at Arhaus, you have to put in the work to find customers and work customer service very hard...Great place to work if you put in the hard work.
Decent Wages
Tow Motor Operator (Former Employee) –  Boston Heights, OHDecember 21, 2016
No Family Time Always work, work, work. Could be more employee friendly however you often times feel tension because the manager doesn't help much but rather tells you what to do even if he's never driven the machinery before.
Pros
wages
Cons
no family time
Competitive work environment
Sales Associate, Interior Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Barrington, ILDecember 11, 2016
Beautiful showrooms that are attractive to prospective customers. The quality of the furniture though is not what it should be. There are also many issues such as fabrication and supply issues which delay delivery. If there were issues, the sales person was responsible for resolution. And, if despite your best attempts at fixing the problem, the product was returned, it came out of your commission check.
Very, very low hourly wage and benefits are average at best,. Also,they expect you to clean the showroom (including bathrooms) when you are dressed professionally.
Sales goals are very high and if you don't meet them, they carry over the number to next month. Your sales manager also competes with you for sales.
Pros
Beautiful store
Cons
Low pay for a lot of demanding work.
Run, don't walk, away from this company!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southern Pines, NCSeptember 20, 2016
I worked for over 3 years for this company and was witness to the bad, the no good and the very ugly. The only positive aspect of working here was my coworkers who suffered in silence along with me. The worst has to definitely be the upper management. The culture of lying, back stabbing and dishonesty has ruined a once reputable company. As the company expanded, it's standards weakened. Once quality hand crafted furniture as become mass produced low quality product from "Asia" as we were taught to tell customers (China). This place is only for those with no morales and low expectations.
Pros
Occasional bonuses
Cons
Culture, management, product
Modern Day Sweat Shop
Repair dept. (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHAugust 22, 2016
If you like to live at work, and want to experience what it's like to be a modern day slave, then by all means get a job at Arhaus. Management will cut you down the minute you stand up. This helps keep everyone afraid for their jobs, and maintains order.
The warehouse is 770,000 sq feet, so if you need to use one of the two bathrooms, plan ahead. I was in the military for 4 years but this place has more rules and regulations then the Navy. Just a terrible place for people to work.
Pros
If you like living at work, it's for you.
Cons
No place for people.
Lovely workplace
Interior Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2016
Working at Arhaus has been an absolute pleasure, as well as an excellent learning experience. Every day I have been faced with new, exciting challenges as well as opportunities, which have helped me hone my social and sales skills.

Other than the job itself, the greatest pleasure has been working with the most amazing staff I have ever encountered. Never have I been so lucky to be around such a positive, supportive team every day. Although we all try our best to reach individual goals, in the end, we are working as a team to achieve our best for each other and Arhaus, and it really shines through in our relationships with one another.

While working in an outdoor mall poses some challenges (i.e. people using our store as a pass-through), we use the extra traffic to our advantage as much as possible. While only a fraction of passers-through may be looking for furniture at that time, we love making a positive impression that ensures that guests will remember us and our product. It's astounding how many people visit our store when they are ready based on recommendations and previous experience walking through the store on their way to dinner. A friendly, casual greeting is perfectly capable of creating a life-long client

While some days are tediously slow, overall, the job is fantastic. I love designing, I love the people that I work with. There is not much else that one could ask for.
Pros
Benefits, positive work environment, generous commission, flexible hours
Cons
Base pay
houston locations
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2016
I worked in houston "ARHOP" which means this place is like a Ihop, go in sit as a customer find what you like and ask for somebody to help you.There was no training a few videos,which do nothing but lie .The product is over priced,it can all be found at The Dump store at better prices.There is no business or customers coming into the store ever.The management is the worse that I have ever experienced and they are not in the store most of the time they avoid customer calls all the time.A once a week meeting that is BS.The managers sit around and make fun of gooks in corporate.DONT BE FOOLED PEOPLE THE PRODUCT IS NOT MADE AS AUTHENTIC,IT IS MASS PRODUCED IN CHINA .
Pros
take a 2 hour lunch they dont care
Cons
horribe place and stinks
Very clerical
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHJune 14, 2016
They were fully staffed, but offered to try to create a position for me. All of the fun and important duties had already been assigned, resulting in a very clerical position for me.
Pros
Moving to a new building soon, flex time
Cons
Very clerical
management is horrible dont work here
LOGISTICS SCHEDULER/DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHMay 21, 2016
pay & benefits are good, but the work environment is toxic. management treats you like trash, the work load is very heavy, there is never enough time in a day. but they don't care. the training is the worst. for as much as you have to do your trained correctly on almost none of it. plus you have to man the phones, your emails process trucks while getting screamed at via email from management. this is one of the worst companies & its only because the people they have in place running it. that whole delivery department is a joke & they already have the favorite people who none of the rules apply too. I currently work here but I am currently trying to get out asap
Pros
pay & benefits
Cons
management, work load, discrimination
Growing company
Merchandise Planner (Current Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHMay 14, 2016
Arhaus is growing quickly, which is very exciting to be a part of. It is an ever changing vibrant retail environment, with employees that are passionate about the Arhaus brand.
Pros
Small enough to be able to participate in all aspects of the business
Cons
Lack of training
Products are beautiful
Interior Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 5, 2016
Great to meet new people and co-workers. Good income if willing to work long hours Management not that great. Sales quotas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arhaus Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9