Arhaus Furniture Employee Reviews

It was a nice place to work before the new manager started. She single handedly killed the moral and work environment.
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston Heights, OHNovember 27, 2017
I used to love working for this company. I have worked in many departments there helping out. They have came a long way and now it seems to be going in the wrong direction. It is sad because the owner and his son are amazing people!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Bad management, moral and lack of training.
Great furniture but poor management
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 13, 2017
Arhaus is not a great place to work. The philosophy seems great but the management is horrible. There are issues with delivery which is out of the salesperson's control. I get kicked off the computer because other people's sales are more important. They want you to dress nice but clean toilets with bleach products. I have never had to clean so much at a job before. I feel like Cinderella.The manager makes you feel guilty when you use your vacation time. "We didn't make the month because you were on vacation and it is your fault!" There are fights on the sales floor in front of customers which is not professional.
Cons
Hostile work environment
Great sales staff
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 29, 2017
I moved to Tennessee, but I worked with wonderful people at.Arhaus The company changed the commission structure without informing the designers. I have always worked in a face paced environment and the companies that wanted us to succeed and make money.and we did.I am a hard working employee that worked hard and made money in the past.
Great environment
Dispatcher Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHSeptember 27, 2017
The company is a great company to work for. The management and owner are very caring and visible. The company provides great customer service throughout the company. There is a culture provide outstanding customer service to external and internal customers. No complaints.
Pros
Great Great place to work
Good training
Interior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2017
I received good training at Arhaus. Selling was competitive. They have okay management with a good up line if needed. Everyone helped each other and had fun working together. I enjoyed helping the people who came in to help them design the room they wanted. The hardest part was reaching my sales goal every month.
Concierge Coordinator
Boston Heights, OH - Concierge Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston Heights, OHSeptember 25, 2017
It was a temporary position. The management was all over the place. Didn't like how management treated employees.

The hardest part of the job was being the middle employee that customer always blamed for poor delivery and the cost of delivery.

The most enjoyable part of my day was my co-workers.
Pros
New building
Cons
Short breaks, short lunches, and bias management ways.
The most horrible place I have ever worked
Conciege (Former Employee) –  Boston Hts, OhioSeptember 21, 2017
I worked in concierge at Boston Hts location. Every single thing I was told from pay to schedule changed from the interview to the actual job. I worked there for 4 months and it felt like 4 lifetimes. The schedule is not fair and not at all what was represented, For ex: I was told one weekend a month and was scheduled 3 for three months of schedules in a row, everyone that I encountered in concierge was on the verge of quitting, extremely high turnover, no management backup and no accountability, call after call of people screaming at you and telling you how bad this company is and that they will never do business with them again. The mgmt has no idea what they are doing and cannot make a decision to save their life, and do not want to take calls even when a demand is made for a supervisor. I am not adding this to the reviews to screw the company, but to warn others. am not an isolated situation and, in fact I was always top 5 on the call taking leader board where they monitor your call intake. The phone does not stop ringing for one second because of all the complaints.
Spend some extra time and find a better place to work.
Pros
Great Loooking Building
Cons
mgmgt not helpful, overworked, poor team mentality
give feedback Monitor sales performance to the top management and also to communicate to staff
• Coaching and Mentoring for Excellence (Former Employee) –  qatarSeptember 9, 2017
• Oversee and monitor the inventory management in the store (stock availability, Order management, back store management, stock movement within store)
• Maintain window and in-store displays to a high standard in line with Merchandising Guidelines
• Optimize floor space based on merchandise availability, storylines and product sell
• Inspect merchandise for quality control and report any defects, Ensure on-time clearance of all soiled and damaged merchandise.
• Instrumental in coordinating with Store Visual Merchandizing team for implementing standards and Lifestyle vision in line with customer expectations.
Pros
• Oracle Retail Point of Sale (ORPOS )
Stress and very cut throat
Design consultant (Former Employee) –  South Barrington, ILAugust 28, 2017
I didn't enjoy my time there. Spent way to much time trying to correct deliveries and stock issues. Not enough time assisting guests in the store.
Didn't like the fact that the cleaning services didn't clean the washrooms.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Stressful environment bad management
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 26, 2017
It was Aweful!! I'm a seasoned salesperson and they treat you like dirt!! Long hours, no work-life balance here. Low commissions, micro-management, Sales leads taken from you, and heavy store cleaning required. Since not working there anymore I have a life!
Pros
Beautiful store & Furniture
Cons
The cons are endless
A good company
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Boston Heights, OHAugust 23, 2017
It is an good place to work when you don't have many bills. But if you have any trouble with poor attitude this might not be the place for you. Not everyone is bad
Great Furniture Terrible Management
Design Consultant/Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 9, 2017
Wonderful Furniture, terrible management at least in the showroom. The manager was a much better salesperson than manager. The manager needed to have sensitivity training because from day one a hostile work environment was created where everyone was at each others throats. They did everything to foster that situation and when that was presented it was deflected back to the staff, not accepting of the managers role on the strife which ensued from the managers lack of positive leadership. When this was brought to corporate leadership so questions were asked as to what was happening or why, no changes took place to create a better work place for the staff. No questions were asked of the staff were asked though a walk out of 5 people at one time happened at one time and others one at a time after that.
Not at all a pleasant work place,
Pros
Beautiful things to look at
Cons
Hostle work environment
corperate life
Manager (Current Employee) –  ohioJune 28, 2017
I've been with Arhaus for awhile and I've seen a lot of improvements and changes. I've also seen things go on that are unfair to employees. Depending on who you know is how you are treated. Unfortunately Arhaus is very clickish and you can be considered an outsider.
A very nice and pleasant place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Northfield, OHJune 24, 2017
Arhaus Furniture was my favorite place to work other than when I had my own business. The reason I lost my job was because of the terrible economy problems in 2008. They then outsourced my job to save themselves money. I would love to be still working for them as they were a great company to work for.
Productive fun a lot of driving
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 23, 2017
Arhaus was one of the best companies i ever worked for the work environment was great the people were awesome but being on the road was the best part.
Pros
Crazy overtime financially secure
Cons
Away from home a lot
our department was ran as a slave house
Administrative and Corporate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston Heights, OHJune 14, 2017
with all the acknowledgement that I had previous to working at Arhaus, unfortunately this department I was in could only be considered as a lie... I was given a entirely different scope of the requirements of the job and my functions in this position after being taken from being hired in another department. over the course of 1 year, it was completely different than what was initially discussed and with no pay increase
Great place to make a career
Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 11, 2017
Arhaus is a great place to call home and to cultivate a career. Not is the product superior but company culture is the reason many stay. Retail is tough, no matter where you work, but Arhaus does it right!
Not Terrible
SALES AND SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 12, 2017
As expected by a company in transition, there are lots of things that are under review. As a sales and service manager you wear many hats, from "putting out fires" with customers to helping you team meet their sales goals. Never a dull moment.
Pros
Peaceful at times
Cons
Sometimes sales goals are impossible
Concierge employee
Client service coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston Heights, OHMay 3, 2017
This place looks like a fun place to work but it's not!!!! pay is great but managment sucks. they dont want to help you when ppl ask for a sup or manger. you never have enough time to do your work and all they care about is how many calls you take. VERY HIGH TURN OVER RATE!!!! i have been here a year and 30 ppl left already with in 9 months.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything Else
Nice stores, fun but tough work life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoApril 30, 2017
High expectations for sales and activity.
High turn over due to earnings potential and sales quotas.
A fun place to work.
Very high quality products.
Good customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arhaus Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9