Arhaus Furniture

Arhaus Furniture Employee Reviews

Very Nice job
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHJanuary 15, 2016
My job was very fun and adventurous. I learned useful skills to be safe, focused, and successful. I met exciting fun new working class people that I bonded with.
Pros
good break rooms
Cons
no job security
Alright company to work for when I was there
Shipping and Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Green, OHJanuary 6, 2016
I liked my job, but when you don't have enough people to do the necessary things to get the job done, it gets frustrating quick. When I worked there we were constantly losing employees to injures. In part due to how heavy the stuff was and how the containers would come in over packed. It was always rush rush rush. Also, when you have a so called "supervisor" who acts like a kid and wants to keep making jokes about sensitive things, that gets old quick.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, equipment, always in a rush, containers
Misleading and poorly run.
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 30, 2015
I want to start by saying that the sales staff, that I worked with, was professional and strong. A quality group of people who worked hard and were very considerate of each other.
Clients are, also, wonderful. Well educated and inteligent.

The issue, wih Arhaus, is the training and support.
There is neither.

You are given a day of watching videos, when you begin. They are helpful - but you are new and they make little connection to the actual position.
Afterwards you are thrown on the floor.
No follow up.
No help of any kind.
You learn by evesdropping and panic.

There is no management. There are two managers looking at their Facebook accounts. But, no management.
Pros
Beautiful enviroment
Cons
Unubtainable early goals. No training. No support.
Worst place I've ever worked!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 30, 2015
this location gets no business! they do not advertise and it's all over priced and beside value city so it's very hard to sell 6k sofas. if you do sell 9 times out of 10 you will have a fabric delay last minute delaying MONTHS. you are unable to compensate your customers. pay is on a drawl and the commission caps at 6%. so, if you manage to sell 50000 over your drawl (which will never happen because that means 90k a month) you will only make 3000 commission before taxes. but you will be lucky to get 500 before taxes average and full time is 1500 month before taxes salaried. Greedy company and nothing is ever good enough. the manager is horrible and will discuss your business to employees and very unprofessional to customers who have issues. she will blame her employees and the assistant manager will steal your sales if you aren't there when your customer comes back! very stressful place to work and horrible pay! I'm wonderful at sales but between the complete lack of business and the constant shadyness of a few of the sales people it is honestly not worth it at all! you will work 6 days a week 8 hours a day for 1500 a month do the math!
Pros
they can't keep anyone so you will get an interview
Cons
pay, manager is very defensive and unprofessional, hours, very slow, very boring, unorganized, a lot of drama, lots of sale stealing, horrible location to sell 8k+ sectionals, no advertising
Fun place to work at
Visual merchandising intern (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, OHNovember 4, 2015
Learned something new every day, was able to develop my own style and see what I could accomplish on my own. The internship taught me time management and responsibility.
Excellent place to work
Manager in Training/Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2015
Great place to work and promote within. There is plenty of room to grow and promote within the company. There is a lot to learn so it is always a learning curve.
Arhaus is a
Dispatcher/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHOctober 9, 2015
.Receiving 80-100 phone calls from customers, Sales Reps, Drivers,
and dealing with all the problems that comes with deliveries and scheduled dates etc. The most important thing that I learned from Arhaus is that we people put a lot of value in material things. Leaders in this company will at some point will be strong enough to teach and lead their employees to the point that will make this company flourish. Like any other job you will have the good and bad.
working or being in charge of people who didn't want the work was the hardest part of the job for me.Being able to help those in need.
Pros
Growing Company
Cons
Leadership
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHAugust 20, 2015
Good environment and great cooperate community.
Good growing company to work for
Not enough pay for the work at hand
Very few breaks given
Bad Management
Sales/Interior Design (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati OhioJuly 27, 2015
I worked at Arhaus for a little over a year and it was probably one of the worst work environments I have ever experienced. Upper Management was not only abusive but dishonest as well. My co-workers were cut throat and did and said anything they had too in order to get a sale. The corporate office sets you up for failure by creating an atmosphere of commission only pay structure. Your co-workers and you are forced to lie, cheat and steal a customer in order to make a decent paycheck. This becomes even more absurd when corporate makes a joke of the situation during one of their useless in-store meetings. As far as being promoted to management, forget it unless you fit the physical image of being young and trendy. Talent and experience count for nothing, it's all about image.
Pros
Cons
Dishonest and abusive management on every level
unrealistic expectations
Interior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJuly 7, 2015
company can not keep up with the demands of growing business , clients are often disappointed by the quality of materials received .
Cons
low pay

Want to know more about Arhaus Furniture?

Ask a question
Creative and Fast Paced.
Visual Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 23, 2015
A typical day at work is planning new floor sets, going over reports, and freshening up store. I've learned how to work cooperatively with other departments in a team environment. The hardest part of the job is the physicality of moving heavy furniture, climbing ladders, and being on your feet most of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfaction in a job well done resulting in a beautiful, successful store.
doesn't pay to work hard here
warehouse (Current Employee) –  Walton Hills, OhioJune 23, 2015
The compensation is extremely lack and very deceitful making you believe you will be extremely successful when in reality you will barely reach their unrealistic goals they have set for you. management is extremely dramatic and tends to use fear tactics to motivate their employees. They lie to get what they want out of you with promises of more money, advancement, and when the time comes for that promised advancement and money, your told there was never anything in writing. The turn over rate is absurd and has everything to do with the integrity of the managements decisions. I have been with the company since October 2011 and since have watched numerous employees be mistreated, talked down to, quit due to management, and be terminated for ludicrous reasons. all in all THIS IS NOT A PLACE FOR THOSE THAT WISH TO BE VALUED, TREATED FAIRLY OR REWARDED FOR HARD WORK.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
horrible management, warehouse employees treated like garbage
New Building,Yet NO Money to Pay Employees
Operations (Current Employee) –  Walton Hills OhioJune 17, 2015
They are building a new distribution facility in Boston Heights Ohio that is six football fields long . Yet, its funny they have no money to pay their hard working employees or give them a livable wage. Funny how that works.
Pros
Cons
Pay, working conditions, bullies for managers
Fun, dynamic, challenging
Interior design consultant/Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMay 27, 2015
Everything worked like clockwork from shift start to shift end. Management worked by encouraging us with fun and contests. Fair and reasonable work environment kept in pristine condition by full staff.
Pros
Fun shifts, great management and staff
Cons
short of no free food, great place
Deliver scheduler
Delivery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHApril 18, 2015
This position for delivery scheduler is a joke. There is favorite employees that the rules do not apply to in the department. Management is terrible in the department. No real opportunity to advance within the company. My opinion stay away from this position and company.
Pros
Nice pay to get you on your feet
Cons
Management, work load with no help
Postive place
Product Development and Buying (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHApril 2, 2015
Loved my internship at Arhaus!
The people were fabulous, the managers are knowledgeable, they want you to learn and to do everything right. They have cook outs and the work load is manageable.
Great coworkers. Fun job but physically demanding and long hours away from family. Work nights and weekends.
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlMarch 27, 2015
Work day is 8 1/2 hours long. More physical work than was communicated. Constantly moving furniture and can not sit down during work shift except on break. Salary was not communicated as a draw. Commission minimums are set extremely high. Over last 2 months, 75% of sales staff did not reach minimum qualifications for commission bonus.
Pros
Extremely nice coworkers that all work well together.
Cons
Very physical work. Work nights and weekends. Little time for family.
Productive fun and work place
Online chatting (Current Employee) –  PakistanMarch 12, 2015
I really hard work and your interior design was awesome.ur furniture and working experience is too good I have a job ur company because I am very hard work
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Fun relaxed atmosphere
Interior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 3, 2015
Great team out of the Akron store. Learned a lot and had fun doing it. I didn't enjoy earning a living based solely on compensation.
dont work here!!!!!
delivery team (Former Employee) –  denver coMarch 3, 2015
Its a joke.... half of the merchandise is damaged all the time On the trucks. unorganized company by far big time turnover rate.
Pros
tips

2.9