Aria Health Employee Reviews in United States

Former worker
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2016
The nurses on 5west are the worse on day shift are the worst nurses and if they don't like you they will harass you and get you fired You work alone 15 patients no help from nurses laura Maryanne April Angie Are the Best nurses on the unit the other unit nice but avoid 5 West
Pros
No pros
Cons
No Cons
Excellent organization to work and grow
Director of Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 17, 2016
A great place to work and spend time at growing and being part of the organization's msision to care for the community. Many opportunity to learn, grow, & advance.
Very busy
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2016
I am currently working at the Frankford Campus. You deal with a lot of serious situations in this low income neighborhood.
Well rounded benefits package
HR Specialist/Recruiter, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 6, 2016
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, which start first of the month following start date, no long wait. 403b pension match after one year, generous PTO time.
awesome co-workers healthy work environment
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Torresdale, PAMarch 18, 2016
everyday was different in its own way. new patients with different illness made each day more interesting then the last. i learned plenty of things from that job that helped me get to where i am now.
Morale is very bad
Lead - PreCert Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 28, 2016
Morale at my pass positions were very bad, extremely understaffed and those that are left are swamped. The impossible is expected and many, many good workers are leaving for other positions out side of Aria. Very sad, this was once a great place to work.
Pros
I am now working for the 3B Orthopedic group exclusively and I love it.
Cons
The old work is following me due to the old department being short staffed for the last four years.
Hospital
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 24, 2016
I've worked at Aria (formerly Frankford Hospital) for 27 years. I've learned a lot and have made advancements over the years. Co-workers are great people. Lots of management shuffle, however, has produced some difficulties. The hardest part of the job is the long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting lots of new and interesting people.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Breaks are infrequent
Fun place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2016
Interesting place to work, a lot to learn.
Wish they offered better flexibility as far as shifts are concerned.
Best part is there is a lot to learn and always interesting environment.
Your a slavedriver
Cna (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 11, 2016
Horrible place to work! Always short staffed. Want more n more done with less staff. No raises....somedays you dont even have chance to use the restroom...they preach patient satisfaction, well it cant happen if you dont have the proper staff... patient safety is a factor.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Short breaks, overworked n short staffed
nice place
Residental Assistant- Library (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 18, 2015
good place to work at... no growth at Philadelphia International Airport and as a residential assistant at ARIA. Worked in the Library and it was nice place to be at for workstudy. The airport is a nice place for benefits.
I was a volunteer
Summer Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Levittown PAJuly 1, 2015
I was a summer volunteer for high school required volunteer work and I loved it. The children and also the other volunteers made everything really fun and cool.
Cons
Professionalism, and good work place.
Cardiology Technician, Internship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2015
Happy, and productive persons in a good work place . Especially the head cardiologist who was humorous, and professional too.

I learned a lot about my job with asking questions concerning the cardiology field in addition to quizzes the head cardiologist would ask to keep me sharp, and current in the health care industry.

My co-workers were happy, and ready to assist with any problems that arose on the job. In addition to receiving help in kind.

The hardest part of the job was to go home and wait to return to work ,due to the doctors extensive knowledge in the cardiology field of medicine, and access to his medical library, and literature on medicine other pertinent medical information in general.
Pros
Excellent lunches when receiving cuisines from pharmacy venders.
Cons
No cons during the time spent at the clinice/office.
Not recommended to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 16, 2015
Over worked and under paid environment. Administration only cares about the floors being fully staff. Evening and night shift has very unsafe working conditions in regards to patient safety.
the stress of the work causes close bonds with coworkers
security officer (Former Employee) –  4900 frankford ave.May 19, 2015
aria frankford campus has a tough clientel and although the customer may be deranged and drug addicted the hospital stands by the motto the customers is allwayes right. they have problems with staffing and may ask you to stay extra hours and they dont pay for lunch if you get one.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
exposure to dangerous elements, bed bugs and sickness with little preventive messurres
Quality care provided to clients
RN Student (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2015
This facility was clean and safe for the residents. Management cared about the residents. The CNA staff worked as a team, and made tasks like transferring patients easier than doing it alone.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Not enough work hours available
dedicated hard working nurses, it has potential to be good place to work with better staffing, and actually listening to employee concerns
staff nurse (Former Employee) –  philaMarch 8, 2015
As an employee you feel like you dont matter to management. Safety concerns that could be resolved by more staff. Sometimes caddy environment. Each employee feels their more important than the next. Your told to smile while running on empty for 12 hours without eating, drinking or going to bathroom. Responsible to care for patients on another unit while having a patient assignment on your own unit. Everyone is so stressed out its unpleasant. They need a morale boost.
Pros
the work day goes by very fast
Cons
no breaks, high stress, undervalued, employees unheard
FLOAT NURSE (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 18, 2015
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great Training
Chief Resident Physician/Foot and Ankle/ PM&S (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 7, 2015
Residency is busy. filled with things to do and people to see. I would say this residency program focuses a lot on trauma care. Good staff, good surgeons and great education.
A good company to work for
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PaNovember 29, 2014
My day started with trash removal. Dust mop the hallways, clean the stairwells. Remove the hippa trash. Other duties include set up and remove cafeteria furniture and other related duties.

I learned the difference between maintenance and housekeeping. Housekeeping is much more detail. With the removal of personal information, bio municipal waste and sharpies. I learned health care bed side manners and to be patience with others.

Management was awesome. All the department managers would praise me on a job well done. They would tell me they know when I was off.

My coworkers were team players. We often help each other out.

The hardest part of my job was when I return from my weekend off, the trash room would be a wreck. I always kept the trash room neat and clean.

The most enjoyable thing was just showing up for work. I loved my job. I rarely called out. I've only been late twice in 14 years. I loose pto time be cause I never took it.
Pros
the people i work with.
Cons
the salary
Working hard will make the day better.
ER Technician (Current Employee) –  Lahaska, PaNovember 12, 2014
Assisting customers and selling products was the main goal of a typical day. Cleaning, stocking, and making sure sales were made were all necessities.