Aria Health Employee Reviews

Friendly community hospital.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 19, 2016
Pleasant working atmosphere with friendly and helpful coworkers. The overall morale is good. A typical day can be very busy, but is not overwhelming due to the consistent staff teamwork.
Pros
helpful staff
Cons
cafeteria food is less than desirable
Nice place to work
DEPARTMENT SECRETARY - Medical Administration (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 1, 2016
Aria is a nice place to work. I've learned a lot of medical terminology there. My co-workers have always been great, no matter what department. There is always something going on every month. They just merged with Jefferson and it's a new and exciting time.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
NO cons
Very small but busy office
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 19, 2016
A typical day started with coming in and turning on the phones and retrieving the messages. Once that was done then you log into all the Aria Health System Database. I learned how to do per certifications for procedures that was needed. The other employees was very resource when needed. The hardest part of the job was working with patients who couldn't speak English. I enjoyed the fact the office was small and close knit but still was busy at the same time.
Pros
Close knit enviornment
Cons
Employees are not friendly and really don't wanna help when the help is needed
Constant budget woes stressing people out
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2016
Since 2008 when someone leaves they're rarely replaced, so their workload is given to others with no extra compensation. And it tends to be only the best employees who rise up and take it on, so they become too valuable where they are and get the run around when applying for an internal job change. I was one of them and eventually left over it. Most of management is very good and nice, but someone with no experience or management education was promoted to manager where I worked - it's only been a year and a quarter of the staff has left, 'nuff said. Besides being a personal friend of management, was probably easy on the budget with zero experience. Oh, because of ongoing budget issues, things like blankets and stationary are scarce, even an important supply job an RN used to do was given to a stockroom guy who has no clue. Pay is good. Staff is good. Benefits very good. Ever declining budget not good.
Pros
Benefits, pay, staff.
Cons
Ongoing budget cuts
A Place like home
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torresdale HospitalOctober 4, 2016
I felt like I was always home at work. We work as ateam, supportive of each other, and it adds to our care delivery of the patients(consumers). I love Aria!!
The patients where great, as well as my coworkers.
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Bucks County, PAAugust 10, 2016
I enjoyed working at Aria only because of the employees. Everyone worked together, for the most part, to help the patient and eachother. Management, on the other hand was very poor.
Productive and energetic environment to work in.
RN (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2016
Assisting in cardiac catheterizations, whether it be circulating, monitoring or scrubbing besides the physician. I enjoy my job, and find it to be very fulfilling.
Team player, organized, energetic, positive
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 8, 2016
Great place to work at. Staff knowledgable and great. HR and Manager are excellent communicators. Currently on orientation, will learn more as time passes.
Excellent organization to work and grow
Director of Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 17, 2016
A great place to work and spend time at growing and being part of the organization's msision to care for the community. Many opportunity to learn, grow, & advance.
Morale is very bad
Lead - PreCert Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 28, 2016
Morale at my pass positions were very bad, extremely understaffed and those that are left are swamped. The impossible is expected and many, many good workers are leaving for other positions out side of Aria. Very sad, this was once a great place to work.
Pros
I am now working for the 3B Orthopedic group exclusively and I love it.
Cons
The old work is following me due to the old department being short staffed for the last four years.
Hospital
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 24, 2016
I've worked at Aria (formerly Frankford Hospital) for 27 years. I've learned a lot and have made advancements over the years. Co-workers are great people. Lots of management shuffle, however, has produced some difficulties. The hardest part of the job is the long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting lots of new and interesting people.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Breaks are infrequent
Very busy
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2016
I am currently working at the Frankford Campus. You deal with a lot of serious situations in this low income neighborhood.
awesome co-workers healthy work environment
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Torresdale, PAMarch 18, 2016
everyday was different in its own way. new patients with different illness made each day more interesting then the last. i learned plenty of things from that job that helped me get to where i am now.
Your a slavedriver
Cna (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 11, 2016
Horrible place to work! Always short staffed. Want more n more done with less staff. No raises....somedays you dont even have chance to use the restroom...they preach patient satisfaction, well it cant happen if you dont have the proper staff... patient safety is a factor.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Short breaks, overworked n short staffed
Fun place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2016
Interesting place to work, a lot to learn.
Wish they offered better flexibility as far as shifts are concerned.
Best part is there is a lot to learn and always interesting environment.
the stress of the work causes close bonds with coworkers
security officer (Former Employee) –  4900 frankford ave.May 19, 2015
aria frankford campus has a tough clientel and although the customer may be deranged and drug addicted the hospital stands by the motto the customers is allwayes right. they have problems with staffing and may ask you to stay extra hours and they dont pay for lunch if you get one.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
exposure to dangerous elements, bed bugs and sickness with little preventive messurres
Professionalism, and good work place.
Cardiology Technician, Internship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2015
Happy, and productive persons in a good work place . Especially the head cardiologist who was humorous, and professional too.

I learned a lot about my job with asking questions concerning the cardiology field in addition to quizzes the head cardiologist would ask to keep me sharp, and current in the health care industry.

My co-workers were happy, and ready to assist with any problems that arose on the job. In addition to receiving help in kind.

The hardest part of the job was to go home and wait to return to work ,due to the doctors extensive knowledge in the cardiology field of medicine, and access to his medical library, and literature on medicine other pertinent medical information in general.
Pros
Excellent lunches when receiving cuisines from pharmacy venders.
Cons
No cons during the time spent at the clinice/office.
dedicated hard working nurses, it has potential to be good place to work with better staffing, and actually listening to employee concerns
staff nurse (Former Employee) –  philaMarch 8, 2015
As an employee you feel like you dont matter to management. Safety concerns that could be resolved by more staff. Sometimes caddy environment. Each employee feels their more important than the next. Your told to smile while running on empty for 12 hours without eating, drinking or going to bathroom. Responsible to care for patients on another unit while having a patient assignment on your own unit. Everyone is so stressed out its unpleasant. They need a morale boost.
Pros
the work day goes by very fast
Cons
No breaks, High stress, undervalued, employees unheard
Neighborhood hospital with a staff like family
Full-time Hospital Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2014
The days go by fast because you're always busy. I learned how to multi-task with a smile. Management has been changing a lot lately; there is no organizational chart available because of how often things change. I don't envy them their jobs in management during these times but I have great managers in my department so I am very thankful. My co-workers are like family; everyone works so hard and cares so much; just great, hard-working people. The hardest part of the job is not taking it home but the most enjoyable part are the interactions I have with patients, family and co-workers every day. I always have a great story to tell!
lower pay then other hospitals
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 15, 2014
you have hardly any job security, the management rarely supports its staff being more consumer oriented, its dangerous as a hospital setting not enough security financial or physicaly. staff is often threatend by the patients and you have hardly any safe gaurds to protect you. you have a higher chance of catching parisites/ diseases and the company will not except responsibilites for having you infected arguing that you might have caught it from the store or bus.
Pros
pay
Cons
they see smokers as second hand citizens, pay is not par to other hospitals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aria Health. Our community is ready to answer.