ARIA RESORT & CASINO Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work, great culture, forward thinking!
Spa & Salon Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 16, 2016
After working with the company for almost five years, I've learned we are very receptive to growth opportunities, executing best practices, striving for excellence for our Guests as well as our Teammates.
Fun Place to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaOctober 15, 2015
i have been here for a sort time and i love working here. I mean the whole on call thing is the greatest but other then that the job is amazing
Pros
free lunches
Cons
2 30 min breaks and healthcare
High expectations and understaffed
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 11, 2015
Good company, hardest part of the job is being in the sun all day. Best part is the employee center including the EDR. My co-workers were super fun and supportive. The management was readily available.
Pros
free food
Cons
dirty break room
pays good
Operator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 4, 2015
This company pays better than most casinos on the strip. The lunch is free and the benefits are good. I've been with the company 6 years and lost count on how many policy changes management has
made. Most of the policy changes don't make sense.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management
Constantly busy and always productive
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2015
Working here for Aria is such a great opportunity. Being employed in a large resort I have a huge responsiblity to make sure we are upholding the Aria Five Star Five Diamond expectations. Having to oversee a total of four outlets gives me the opportunity to coach and train the large amount of staffing needed to maintain each outlet.
Pros
healthcare, paid lunches, employee meals provided
Horticulture Laborer, self explanatory
Horticulture Laborer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 28, 2015
Half of the time was spent at the green house out at Shadow Creek Golf Course all on your own. The other half was spent on very early shifts assisting in set up or tear down of plant displays. Normal shift was 5am-1pm, but most of my days were much earlier. Some where between 12am-2am. That was not a problem and getting off early was a pretty sweet deal, just wish the lead would have given me a bit of a heads up and not just the day before. The job was simply, yet fun. Transport plants and trees to and from green house and help out with any projects in the horticulture department around the hotel/ casino. My co-workers were the best part about the job, everyone there was a pleasure to work with. Including management and upper management. I would definitely return to this job.
Pros
Its a casino job, so free paid lunch! you cant complain there.
Cons
Lots of very early mornings and alot of alone time.
Fun and Great Management
Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 14, 2015
Great management when I was there so it definitely trickled down to line employees. Good atmosphere and co-workers. Great attitudes and had fun. @LAS
Teamwork
In- Room Dining Amenity Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2015
Lots of interaction with guest and other departments. Easy office job once you get the hang of it.
Coworkers are easy to get along with
Learned computer skills.
Interesting and fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 20, 2015
My manager, supervisor, co-workers and I work as a team to make the store a happy experience for visitors and customers.
Employees have opportunities to advance within the company.
Meet people from other states and countries.Learning from them too. I love the different accents.
Opportunities to join programs to help communities in the area.
Pros
Free meal during shift.
Unethical, Hypocritical, and Favoritism
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 13, 2015
a typical day at work would consist of having my supervisors and managers constantly looking to write me up, and letting others get away with anything and everything. they only would enforce some rules on people and others wont enforce at all. completely contradict themselves.

The hardest part of the job was trying to talk to the supervision and management and explain to them that what they are doing is wrong, but they are not willing to hear that.

the easiest part of the job was going home.
Best place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 29, 2014
One of the newest properties on Las Vegas Boulevard where people come from around the world to be. I get paid to be here. I come in contact with some pretty amazing guests.

I respond to medical calls and help those that can't care for themselves as they are away from their homes.

I work with some of the best people in the industry and every day is always different. You never know what tomorrow is going to bring.
Pros
excellent benefits, new and updated tools to complete tasks, newest property on the strip
Cons
not quick for advancement, uniforms, staffing might be short for specific events
Beautiful property
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 2, 2014
Working at the Aria is great. It being a part of MGM means that many of the upper management is experienced and has been there for some time. I worked there when the property was fairly new but they hit the ground running by bringing in their team of people that have worked at various properties. Training was continual in an effort to build a company brand that all employees radiate.
Summary
Claims Adjuster / Risk Management (Current Employee) –  LAS VEGASJuly 13, 2014
Responsibilities: Handle guest and patron slip and fall, lost missing, bodily injury and property damage claims. Review medical treatment to verify it was in line with the claim. Review property damage estimates and receipts and verify they are related to the claim. Subrogate all damages directly with responsible parties, attorneys, district attorneys and Victims Advocate. Communicate direct with claimant attorneys to resolve claim prior to litigation. Prepare file for corporate litigation. Provide all claimants with outstanding customer service. Assess potential risks on property for City Center. Developed solutions to Mitigate organizational risks, Develop and present presentations to new security and pool staff regarding safety and risk management, review certification of insurance to verify they comply with contractual agreement between organizations. Worked closely with all department to gather data necessary to resolve incidents and departmental risks.
A great place to work
Restaurant Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2014
Even though it was in good old AC it was almost like working in Vegas
Hard workers need not apply
Beverage (Current Employee) –  BeverageMarch 9, 2014
If you don't like being appreciated for anything and want to be treated like nothing more than a number, then this is the place for you. In my years in this industry I have never experienced such a horribly run beverage dept. Hard workers just get more work thrust upon them while the slackers seem to get rewarded for their inability to perform basic duties. Management is a joke. The edr is the easiest place to get food poisoning. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. Every day I spend looking at the interior of that building makes me wish for a natural disaster to strike only that place and make it cease to exist. There is no communication within the dept let alone amongst various depts. Even members of the same management "team" aren't all on the same page. The only way this would be a decent place to work would be if they completely revamped the entire management staff and started fresh with human beings who actually had a heart and a brain. Good luck to you if desperation in a rough job market has you considering employment here. It pays the bills, but is it worth your sanity?
Pros
as a union casino, culinary health fund is good insurance.
Cons
read review.
Managers are complete butts
Sales Assoicate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NvJanuary 14, 2014
I loved working with co workers and meeting the fun guests but the managers and the Director was complete butts. They completely take the joy and excitement out of working. Even when guests and other department managers came to them saying what a good job I was doing and how I work my butt off. They still didn't care.

And it's suppose to be seniority over the new ppl. And that's BS. A guy came in for a month before the pool closed and they fired the rest and kept him. Since then we can not find another job in MGM because she is best friends with all managers. And I think that is not right. And I'm pretty sure God is not please with how she treated us and KARMA comes back Around. But over all the guest are amazing.
Pros
free lunch, guest, money
Cons
managers, short breaks
A Learning Experience
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 26, 2013
A Typical day of work consist of check ins and checkouts. It does stay busy so there is always something to do. I got along and worked very well with every agent there. There are some problems with management and the constant miscommunication. The methods of advancement do not go based off qualifications, but more so on if you are favored. All in all. There are plenty of properties that understand that not only is it about making the guest happy, but it is also about making the employees happy.
Good pay and benefits
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 8, 2013
Cleaning 13 rooms in an 8 hour period, time management is a must.
good co-workers
Guestroom Attendant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 5, 2013
Had pre shift meetings about the resort and or if any special task. Management was good, but needed more help. The hardest part of my job was when you had a lot of check outs, there's a lot of pulling, pushing, and timing to finish the rooms. Some supervisors would send help if you thought you were not going to finish on time.
Pros
free lunches, buffet style
Cons
sometimes you couldn't go take brake/lunch because there was a lot of check outs.
Don't bother with this job
beverage (Former Employee) –  beverageApril 26, 2013
This new position being created is making 20+ employees fear for their lives. It is making full time employees go to part time, and part time employees go to no time, as it is going to bump a lot of people out of their seniority and current shifts. Unless you only work there on the weekends, and only on swing shift, and only during tournaments/special events, and only if the waitresses like you, expect to make $0-$50 a shift in tips. You will run out of product, and management will either not fill any request, or take enough time that that the customer is tired of waiting and leaves. There is hardly any communication with staff, as they are out to make as much money for themselves as possible. Alliances are made, enemies are forged, and you will be constantly watched. You will have no job security, as your 'pretty face' is more important than your knowledge of fine wines, beers, and high-end liquor.
Pros
the chance a guest will leave a good tip
Cons
the chance a guest will leave a good tip

2.9