ARIA RESORT & CASINO Employee Reviews

Very productive fast paced job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 18, 2017
This is a great place to work although it's fast paced and a little stressful you learn to get the hang of it if you push yourself and ask for help and ask questions you will be fine
Pros
Free lunch, great pay, payed vacation, floating holidays
Cons
Hard work ..fast paced
Ambiente de trabajo
Utility Porter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 5, 2017
Es buena, hay excelentes compañeros, mucha protección al trabajador.
Nice Property
Sr. Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2017
investigate claims, train new associates, settle claims, teach report writing classes

nothing

Bullies

overall a great workplace culture

helping the guest
Pros
free lunch, good benefits
Cons
management
Fun people to work with
Bellman (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2017
Great job money has gone down since we became a convention hotel. It seems more and more people don't even want to tip a $1. It used to be $5 was a standard tip to bring luggage to a guest room - now , we are lucky to get a "thank you"
Pros
Retirement Pension, free lunch, great health benifits
Cons
The food is horrible - convention guests are the worst tippers
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  NevadaJuly 30, 2017
you have to fail in order to succeed thrilled enjoyment fun stressful exciting it made me really happy to be there and don't like on call shift though too late
Pros
poor
Cons
poor
Great work Place.
GRA (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 26, 2017
Great place to work, high energy, motivated staff. Realistic attainable goals set by management. High quality products, amazing benefits. SHOW work culture focus in guest services.
Pros
Free lunches, Union, 401k
Cons
few hours when you are working as a part time.
Is good place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2017
I have experience with cleaning I like work and vip area I learn every day a little bit more the hardest part is when I want clean the room and the guest is inside when is c/o
Pros
I like all the benefit
Cons
I like all the benefit
at Aria
Bartender Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 7, 2017
id say aria was a great experience for me. i met a lot of great people, and made a lot of friends, but didn't feel like there were a lot of advancement opportunities.
Fun place to work
Executive Chef - The Buffet (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 5, 2017
Great place to work, high energy, motivated staff. Realistic attainable goals set by management. High quality products, amazing benefits. 5 day work week usually.
Horribly run casino
Poker Dealer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 23, 2017
Nearly 30 yrs experience in the business of poker and this is absolutely the worst run room I've ever worked in. Long gone are the true "poker people" in management. Between bad rulings, and outright incompetent management, including uppermost casino management it's God awful.

Over hiring, then keeping 50% or more of staff as part time, with 3 day work weeks, early force outs before shift ends, no benefits. It takes 5-7 yrs seniority to make full time status. Even then you may get forced out before shift end depending on the shift.

This company has only TAKEN away from the employees since it's opening. They have given nothing. No pay raise for 2017. Paid time off is based on hours worked, no longer given on anniversary. Employee dining room went from the best in the business to absolutely disgusting. Powdered eggs anyone?

In such a highly customer service oriented business, when you treat employees like garbage, how do you expect them to have a big smile and good attitude with the customers?
Pros
Take as much time off as you'd like *unpaid.
Cons
Low pay, clueless management, promote the incompetant, horrible 401k
Great customer service
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 31, 2017
Working at the Aria was a great learning experience! They taught me everything I know about customer service skills. They always made sure we had everything we needed. The way they took care of their guests, is the way they took care of the staff. AMAZING! The hardest part of the job were conventions...You have long lines and restless people who are just trying to get in their rooms. Some of the guest are very upset by the time they get to you, but with the tactics they teach you, you learn how to keep them calm and relaxed.
Pros
Managment, employees and environment
Very physical but well paid
Guest Room Attendant / House Person (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2016
As long as you do your job and show up you have no worries. Great Union Benefits. Many opportunities to move up or out to different departments to find your suited job.
The work place so great n people so fun work with.n honest.
houseperson cleaning. (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2016
Working at aria is so joyable .I love people is fun.to working.i love the food n I love the sound those Machine . And I love the great magic show.
Pros
Flexible lunch.
Cons
Good food
working for the business center is a fun enviroment
Business Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2016
Great department to work for,great co-workers and management keeps it light enough for everyone to enjoy working there
Well run mega resort.
Concierge Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2016
Well run mega resort that does a good job of keeping up with the changing field of hospitality. Multiple departments, always busy hotel.
Great place to work, great culture, forward thinking!
Spa & Salon Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 16, 2016
After working with the company for almost five years, I've learned we are very receptive to growth opportunities, executing best practices, striving for excellence for our Guests as well as our Teammates.
Fun Place to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaOctober 15, 2015
i have been here for a sort time and i love working here. I mean the whole on call thing is the greatest but other then that the job is amazing
Pros
free lunches
Cons
2 30 min breaks and healthcare
High expectations and understaffed
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 11, 2015
Good company, hardest part of the job is being in the sun all day. Best part is the employee center including the EDR. My co-workers were super fun and supportive. The management was readily available.
Pros
free food
Cons
dirty break room
pays good
Operator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 4, 2015
This company pays better than most casinos on the strip. The lunch is free and the benefits are good. I've been with the company 6 years and lost count on how many policy changes management has
made. Most of the policy changes don't make sense.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management
Constantly busy and always productive
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2015
Working here for Aria is such a great opportunity. Being employed in a large resort I have a huge responsiblity to make sure we are upholding the Aria Five Star Five Diamond expectations. Having to oversee a total of four outlets gives me the opportunity to coach and train the large amount of staffing needed to maintain each outlet.
Pros
healthcare, paid lunches, employee meals provided