This highly visible position will lead the footwear fit and wear testing aspect of the footwear production cycle and will provide an opportunity to learn about the footwear business.
- Conduct timely fit and wear testing trials.
- Drive for results by requesting high-risk products during development.
Profile/select proper testers.
Examine dirty/worn product.
Communicate updates during wear testing and document after wear-testing results.
Communicate suggestions on how to improve product performance.
Bench-mark competitor products in order to build upon knowledge of their footwear materials, product development, manufacturing, costing duty and development/ manufacturing lead times.
- Interface with overseas factories directly on both development and mass production issues.
- Establish long-term working relationships with both individuals and companies (construction, tree trimming, asphalt, etc.), who will be wear testing products.
- Possible travel to China and or Mexico in order to better understand the product manufacturing process.
- Enter data on in-coming footwear into SAP or Excel in a timely manner.
- Send concise, timely, and accurate comments/reports (and follow up on answers) to overseas offices/factories regarding the data collected.
- Work with Product Development and Commercialization Teams to decide on which new footwear items should be wear tested in real world conditions prior to placing buys for mass production.
- Use wear test footwear to collect fit and comfort feedback and communicate data to appropriate teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational capabilities in order to maintain samples of wear-tested footwear for various members of the company to review.
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritize deliverables.
- Aptitude for developing a strong understanding of the fluid and high-energy nature of the development, quality control, and manufacturing process.
- College degree or equivalent
- 2-3 years general office experience with footwear production exposure preferred.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, Power point, Photo Shop, SAP, and other related IT programs desired.
- Frequent travel to events, wear test locations, and distribution centers.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (boxed shoes & boots).
- Clean driving record and personal transportation must be available.
Indeed - 13 months ago