As the Cognos EP/BI Developer, you will have the chance to develop and organize complete EP & BI Solutions, from start to finish, utilizing technologies such as ETL, Cognos, SAP, Oracle and SQL Server, as well as production support and enhancements to current EP & BI applications. This position requires deep understanding and knowledge of data warehousing and BI reporting.
NOTE: This is a COGNOS Admin/Developer position requiring exceptional EP and BI skills on MS SQL Server and Oracle
- Install, configure, deploy, and administer Cognos BI and EP software solutions
- Develop, maintain, and administer Cognos BI and EP queries, models, reports and dashboards using Cognos Report Studio, Framework Model and various Cognos tools against SAP, SAPBW, Cognos cubes and other data marts.
- Design and Develop ETL for data extractions from Cognos EP and other systems on need basis.
- Create, maintain, and monitor ETL, DTS, or SSIS packages and SQL jobs
- Develop and monitor macros, jobs, scripts and events to automate data flow
- Develop and maintain dimensional OLAP cubes and metadata definitions
- Build and maintain complex reports using Cognos BI and EP and other reporting engines
- Performance monitoring and tuning on all databases and reporting systems
- Maintain of Cognos security groups and accounts
- Create, develop, and administer other database solutions as needed
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in one or more areas within department as needed.
- Suggest and develop improvements and solutions to existing problems. Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes
- Write and maintain technical documentation describing program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections
- Provide and assist in production support and make sure reporting jobs complete successfully and on time
- Support and troubleshoot issues for business partners and end users
- Work with users and other team members in gathering requirements and perform business intelligence design focused on enterprise data warehouse reporting solutions.
- Ensure delivery of all project requirements in accordance with project schedule
- Willingness for occasional domestic and international travel
- Bachelor degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience required
- Cognos Certification and prior experience with Cognos EP tools like Contributor and Analyst.
- Six plus years of experience in designing Cognos FM models and developing cubes, reports, and dashboards using Cognos in a Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and SAP environment
- Four plus years of experience in developing ETL in Oracle and SQL server environments, preferably with Microsoft DTS and SSIS
- Four plus years of experience in writing SQL, PL/SQL and TSQL.
- Full understanding of the report development life cycle from an operational database into a Data Warehouse with results in a Cognos report.
- Good understanding of Java scripts usage in Cognos.
- Prior experience in troubleshooting report and query problems and performance improvement techniques.
- Prior experience in Cognos report writing with SAP BW cubes or third part cubes.
- Exposure to database integration techniques including data modeling, data normalization, and other relevant data manipulation as well as data exchange technologies is a plus.
Indeed - 6 months ago
We believe in:
Ariat was founded on technology and innovation -- with the goal of making the highest-quality footwear and...