Ariel Corporation Employee Reviews

Prodcutive
Administration/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHSeptember 18, 2017
The job was steady. Nice people. I worked 1st shift. Liked meeting new people and being up front. Great benefits and profit sharing. The pay was good.
Pros
Local
Cons
Short term job
Loved the actual job but,management suck's and alot of favortism.
Machinists (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, OHAugust 31, 2017
I worked there for years .The insurance is great but I felt like I was at a concentration camp.They had the Matt and Don show,where they wanted plenty of brown nosing or you went nowhere and I saw alot of people quit and fired.It's only a matter of time till it catches up with the company .All salaried got huge bonuses and we got apples and a $50 lannings food card .What a joke.
Pros
Great insurance.
Cons
Management, raises suck.
Hourly Rate
CNC OD Grinder; Finish Department, Commerce Drive (Former Employee) –  Fredericktown, OH 43019August 1, 2017
I started at Aerial at 14.60 an hour. Never missed a day of work, worked straight overtime 12 hours a day. When I terminated I was making 19.60 and hour.
Pros
Profit Sharing & Benefits
Cons
Stuck on the same night shift for years
Ok
Stores Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJuly 12, 2017
The hours are really long. But, you only work 3-4 days a week. They offer overtime a lot so that is nice. You normally start on night shift which is horrible.
Best company that I have ever worked for.
Machine Tool Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJune 30, 2017
Great work environment, the company culture is top notch. They genuinely care about their employees and it is evident in every aspect of operations. Best benefits I have had from any employer.
Great company to work for
Product Trainer Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMay 9, 2017
This company really cares about its customers, and its employees. Working as an intern there, my experience didn't prepare me to work with gas compressors, but my managers were very able to accommodate, placing me in a design team where I was comfortable. One of the VPs invited me into his office and we talked for a while about my career aspirations, and invited me to visit a company that he was a board member of. I really felt valued here, and it was my favorite job out of the ones I've had.
Pros
Free lunches, small little town, accommodates your living situation
Cons
Small town, about an hour away from the city
Great place for entry level positions
Plant floor engineer (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHApril 17, 2017
Great entry level position that taught a lot and had you doing even more. You get to see the various aspects of the company come together at every meeting and be a true team.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMarch 5, 2017
Very easy going place...easy place to grow....great benefits and company helps with anything you need...12 hour shifts
Best Family owned business the world over
Engineering Manager, Rotary Screw Compressors (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHFebruary 13, 2017
Smart strategic planning. All employees are treated with respect and dignity. Real teamwork environment where all ideas receive equal unbiased consideration.
Pros
Work & family balance, wonderful benefits for all employees
relaxed environment
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, OHNovember 13, 2016
unequal pay amongst co-workers and not enough performance based promotion the person beside you working with you on the same job could be making up to $10/hr more than you are making and you've been there longer and have more experience on the product and equipment. That makes for very bitter feelings and grim outlook on your future in the company. Good culture and relaxed environment. Good place to work if you get a good pay offer upon entering the company. Very poor if you start at the bottom and expect to work your way up.
Pros
great environment relaxed
Cons
terribly uneven pay scale among workers in the same department

Want to know more about Ariel Corporation?

Ask a question
Long term work as a temporary employee
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHAugust 21, 2015
In order to get into Ariel, you have to go through one of several temp agencies (unless you are an engineer or have engineering experience). Once in as a temp, there is no set time frame for when you will get hired into the company full time (I was told 8 months during an interview). The company requires you to go through a month-long class in order to get a full time offer. When you pass this program, Ariel will put you into a position that best suits their needs...not necessarily the same department, job, or shift you currently worked.

I am told that benefits are good, plus there is a profit share in place, but the time waiting for a permanent position can be long. With the low temp wages, it can be a burden on finaces.

I have a bachelor's degree (not engineering) and six years of experience working in quality and was still told that there was no direct hire position for me. They did however put me in the quality department...at temp wages. Frustrating to say the least when experience is concerned.

The owner of the company does a lot for the local community and puts quite a bit of money into the community's coffers for different projects...yet there are holes in the roof of the plant that requires a catch tub for water when it rains.

While the Ariel name carries a lot of weight in the community, only on the inside can you see how they really treat their workers.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
Low pay, do nothing management, not time period for full hire
Great enviroment but no job security unless hired on full time
Vice worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJune 1, 2015
I f you are lucky enough to be hired on it would be an amazing place to work. However if you are temp there you get no warning as to the end of your assignment
Pros
free coffee alot of overtime
Cons
no job security
First Post-College Job
HR Assistant / Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJune 1, 2015
Overall, the position helped me transition into the real world workplace. I learned how to better conduct myself with customers, received valuable experience with widely used programs, and daily worked on my coworker relations. The most enjoyable part of my job was working closely with other people and being able to see the results of our hard work.
Good company
Licensed Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMay 27, 2015
Good company to work for and supervision is always helpful and polite . However to get hired you may have to jump through hoops .
Excellent place to work. Great culture and benefits
Lathe Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMarch 19, 2015
Setting up and operating Okuma MacTurn 550 to produce turned parts to manufacturing specs and drawings. Inspecting and deburring same parts.
I was only summer help
Summer Student Program (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHFebruary 19, 2015
The CEO is very generous. I was just a college student and she gave me a job just for the summer to make some money before college.
Excellent Company
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJuly 11, 2013
You won't find better benefits anywhere! Company is family owned, fair and honest. They expect an employee to perform at the highest level possible and compensate accordingly. Really a great company to work for.
Easy-going and productive workplace.
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMay 7, 2013
Great company to work for and great co-workers. Enjoyed all the management aspects and directing/teaching others. Typical day of work involved meetings, paperwork, and leading others. Not much career advancement opportunity past middle-level management.
Pros
Flexible shifts, good benefits and pay
Cons
No career advancement
Really good place to work
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, OhioMarch 6, 2013
Has a good work interment good people and top quality product.
Cons
a lot of overtime
Best place to work if you can get full time
Shipper / Valve Builder (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHOctober 10, 2012
Great place to work but nearly impossible to get full time employment.