Ariel Corporation Employee Reviews

First Post-College Job
HR Assistant / Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJune 1, 2015
Overall, the position helped me transition into the real world workplace. I learned how to better conduct myself with customers, received valuable experience with widely used programs, and daily worked on my coworker relations. The most enjoyable part of my job was working closely with other people and being able to see the results of our hard work.
Easy-going and productive workplace.
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMay 7, 2013
Great company to work for and great co-workers. Enjoyed all the management aspects and directing/teaching others. Typical day of work involved meetings, paperwork, and leading others. Not much career advancement opportunity past middle-level management.
Pros
Flexible shifts, good benefits and pay
Cons
No career advancement
Great enviroment but no job security unless hired on full time
Vice worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJune 1, 2015
I f you are lucky enough to be hired on it would be an amazing place to work. However if you are temp there you get no warning as to the end of your assignment
Pros
free coffee alot of overtime
Cons
no job security
Excellent Company
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJuly 11, 2013
You won't find better benefits anywhere! Company is family owned, fair and honest. They expect an employee to perform at the highest level possible and compensate accordingly. Really a great company to work for.
Excellent place to work. Great culture and benefits
Lathe Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMarch 19, 2015
Setting up and operating Okuma MacTurn 550 to produce turned parts to manufacturing specs and drawings. Inspecting and deburring same parts.
Good company
Licensed Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMay 27, 2015
Good company to work for and supervision is always helpful and polite . However to get hired you may have to jump through hoops .
I was only summer help
Summer Student Program (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHFebruary 19, 2015
The CEO is very generous. I was just a college student and she gave me a job just for the summer to make some money before college.
Best place to work if you can get full time
Shipper / Valve Builder (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHOctober 10, 2012
Great place to work but nearly impossible to get full time employment.
Really good place to work
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, OhioMarch 6, 2013
Has a good work interment good people and top quality product.
Cons
a lot of overtime
Long term work as a temporary employee
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHAugust 21, 2015
In order to get into Ariel, you have to go through one of several temp agencies (unless you are an engineer or have engineering experience). Once in as a temp, there is no set time frame for when you will get hired into the company full time (I was told 8 months during an interview). The company requires you to go through a month-long class in order to get a full time offer. When you pass this program, Ariel will put you into a position that best suits their needs...not necessarily the same department, job, or shift you currently worked.

I am told that benefits are good, plus there is a profit share in place, but the time waiting for a permanent position can be long. With the low temp wages, it can be a burden on finaces.

I have a bachelor's degree (not engineering) and six years of experience working in quality and was still told that there was no direct hire position for me. They did however put me in the quality department...at temp wages. Frustrating to say the least when experience is concerned.

The owner of the company does a lot for the local community and puts quite a bit of money into the community's coffers for different projects...yet there are holes in the roof of the plant that requires a catch tub for water when it rains.

While the Ariel name carries a lot of weight in the community, only on the inside can you see how they really treat their workers.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
Low pay, do nothing management, not time period for full hire

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ariel Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8