Ariens Company Employee Reviews

Fast Paced
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brillion, WIJanuary 29, 2016
My co-workers were fun to work with. The hardest part of my job was getting used to the second shift spot. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting along with the line supervisor.
large turnover of employees
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Brillion , Wi.December 13, 2015
The Ariens company is multi ethnic workforce, and does suffer from large turn over of employees pay is on the low side for new employees.
Very nice work environment
distribution warehouse (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIDecember 9, 2015
The Airens company is an exceptional place to work. The management is very helpful to everyday activities. The work force really feels like a family.
Ariens Company
ASSEMBLY (Former Employee) –  255 ryan st in brillion wi. 54314October 12, 2015
I learned how to assemble lawn mowers the seats the harnesses the legs and the lawn mower decks. I also drove a tugger and delivered the parts to each department. we wore our p.p.e's and had an amazing boss. we all worked together as a team
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
we all got laid off and it hurt our families financially
Long hours bad pay
distribution manager (Former Employee) –  JasperAugust 12, 2015
Worked for the parts side of the business for Ariens. As I worked in the operations side of the business and nothing was ever good enough for the company. Long hours and the pay was less than desirable. Management is always turning up the heat trying to get more out of everyone. No upward growth.
Pros
Lean concepts
Cons
management, hours, and pay
Big company but feels like family.
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Brillion, WIJune 14, 2015
Michael Ariens was the CEO when I worked there and he was still very involved with the day to day operations of the company. He had a way of making everyone feel as though we were all an extended part of his family. His son Dan seemed to be poised to carry on those same ways. Most everyone took pride in being a quality "made in America" company.
Pros
Hard work and dedication is appreciated.
Cons
Lay-offs during slow times.
Good company making headway.
Assembler I (Former Employee) –  Brillion, WIJune 7, 2015
A typical day here is that you have a set task, which is to assemble a product in a certain order all day for 8 hours. There is not really a hard part to the job.
This company has offered me advancement in the field for which I got a certicate for.
Facility Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Brillion, WIMarch 10, 2015
My co-workers and supervisors are people that want the other employees to succeed in their jobs. They are helpful in instructing them to help them achieve their goals. The company helps their employees to advance by training them on the job or helping them with their continued education.
Horrible place to work for
inside sales rep (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INMarch 6, 2015
I worked for the Stens side of the Ariens company for 5 years. It used to be a good place to work. They got new mgmt and the whole place changed for the worse! If you are one of the favorites life would be easy for you to work there other than that it's a horrible place to work. The employees are also underpaid and not respected as individuals and your opinion means nothing to them. HR don't even stick up for their employees.
Pros
benefits are decent
Cons
favoritism and no respect for the employees
No Comment
Fab Manufacturing Leader (Former Employee) –  WIMarch 5, 2015
Company strives for a top 100 rating for one of the countries best places to work.

Structure is developing

good people are losing their jobs due to this restructure which will surely result in the top 100 being a stretch goal.

People are not listened to. Managers should be teachers. Ariens is lacking in this area and does not give Managers the opportunity to become a good teacher.
Pros
excellent lean culture
Cons
the transitioning from one lean culture to another is very slowly
Slave Labor
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Brillion, WIFebruary 11, 2015
paying you peanuts to pump out parts at their regulated pace, which was ridiculous. Micromanaging to the fullest for this company. They make good snow blowers, but they may as well just hire inmates, because they don't know how to run the manufacturing part of the company.
This was a very productive company that strived for improvement
Team Leader II (Current Employee) –  Brillion, WIFebruary 9, 2015
I am currently a team leader. I have learned how to manage a team and work with upper management and engineers.
The employees at this company are wonderful to work with. They help keep one another motivated and strive for better productivity.
Pros
great benefits
Horrible place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Brillion, WIJanuary 19, 2015
Was a college graduate from welding and they stuck me on a robot welder for 8 months never got moved to a both. I was way overqualified to weld, they promised me every month i would be moved to a booth, never happened.... honestly makes you feel like a slave to be well qualified but they dont care, pay is ok but you have no pay increase after you get to welder 3 so your stuck making the same wage. Honestly find a company that shows they care and help you be the best you want to do
Pros
good insurance, paid vacation
Cons
two 10 min breaks, no incentives
Nice place to work the people were always helpful
Production Welder / Machinist (Former Employee) –  Brillion, WIJanuary 19, 2015
The job were always pretty simple to do.
The management was always helpful
Co workers were always enjoyable to be around.

The pay wasn't that great. The best raise they ever gave anyone was 25 cents.

Learned how to weld thin sheet metal. Took about 5 minutes.

The production goals were always unreachable. As example, one snow blower casing rate was 25 a night. If you did 13 they were happy.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
bonuses were 50% cash, and 50% ira deposit. company could take back the ira deposit
Great work environment, feels like family.
Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Brillion, WIOctober 23, 2014
Team work setting with great people. Multiple person interaction all day long. Everyone got along great and it really made the workplace feel like a home away from home. The hardest part of the job was the problem solving aspect, but with good and knowledgeable people surrounding you it becomes an easier task.
Pros
secure job placement
Cons
short breaks, cold inside the building during the winter.
not bad not good either
machinist 2 (Former Employee) –  auburn NEAugust 3, 2014
Well you got your 40 hours in but the pay was okay at 12.10 per hour for a machinist level 2 management promises you alot but does not deliver.I would say the Auburn NE factory is a good place to build skills but not a good place to build a career. The benefits are not the best either.
Pros
met some smart machinists, learned machining
Cons
almost everything
uncomfortable and confusing at times
Automatic press operator (Current Employee) –  Brillion, WIApril 21, 2014
Ariens company is tolerable but I do not see a career in my future with them. My days include jumping around between ten to fifteen machines helping other operators along with operating my machines in my area. I feel I work to hard for only twelve dollars an hour and I'm ready to use my experience and start a career.
Cons
only two ten minue breaks in an eight hour period.
Very strong Lean Culture - * Promoting Teamwork - * Have Fun and Learn By Mistakes - * Strong Recognitions
Production Manufacturing Leader (Former Employee) –  Brillion, WIApril 2, 2014
* Greeted folks in each of my working areas
* Review accomplishments from previous shifts
* Worked with Team Leaders updating accomplishment boards
* Worked daily with other Leaders on Continuous Improvements
* Been involved in over 60 Kaizen events in plant and outside plants
* Worked on daily schedule
* Worked with daily attendance
* Involved with Safety Team
* Worked with best process flow
* Trained and promoted Cross Training
* Worked with Director on Departmental Budgets
* Worked with Director and Human Resources with hiring
* Promoted Team Building
* Encouraged promotions
* Worked with other departments on product flow for end result
Pros
great culture and teamwork
Cons
promotion process to next level
Good place to work if your from Brillion or Know a Lifer
Machinist 1 / Laser Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Brillion, WIJanuary 15, 2014
I worked there for 2 years. Winter Wonderland was good at first( Fab department) but the organization of managment and the sheer number of all the higher ups dulled the expierence. The raises weren't the greatest due to office salaries. If you spoke your mind without being a brown noser or an office person you were frowned upon, worst of all they never accomindate anyone EXCEPT FOR THE BRILLIONITES. I have no problem with that except when you tell them your job will be in jeopardy.My Mom was in the hospital fo 9 days. I was told that a Drs. note from her surgeon was not suffice and I would lose my job if I didn't come back."You have to figure out whats more important" my supervisor told me. They won't work with you. Seasonals don't have FMLA. That's how I lost my job there but thats neither here nor there. If you find yourself in dire straites for a job go there otherwise I wouldn't consider it.
Pros
some employees
Cons
just about everyyhing else
Good place to work if you like doing the same thing everyday.
assembler (Current Employee) –  Brillion, WINovember 12, 2013
assemble snow blowers in a timely matter

how to assemble a snow blower

co-workers are not easy to get along with

hardest part are the people you work with

the most enjoyable part of my job is being away from the unpleasant people
Pros
over time pay
Cons
dealing with the people that run and work at the place