ARINC Employee Reviews in United States

Productive Atmosphere
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 10, 2016
Opportunity to learn. Management well chosen. Supportive co-workers. Busy and productive vibe. Interesting industry.
Pros
Good environmnet
Great place to work.
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 7, 2015
Typical day at work was showing up at 7am and working till 4pm.
Management didn't hassle you or stand over your shoulder the whole time they let you work as long as you were working with little micromanagement unless you became a liability.
Pros
Good Pay, paid vacation
Cons
Unstable job environment, work was based on contracts and if no contracts then layoffs were inevitable.
Internship at Arinc
Intern (Former Employee) –  Annapolis MDJuly 22, 2015
Learned and developed my programming skills. Tasked with a summer project that allowed me to deeply understand the python programming language and Linux operating systems
Very interesting to work for. Gained much experience
Senior Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDApril 24, 2015
Working for ARINC positioned me to be able to gain additional experience working on aerospace equipment. The most exciting experience was sitting in the cockpit of an aircraft performing acceptance testing.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Comute
A stable business with deep roots to community.
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis and InternationalJanuary 22, 2015
ARINC was an 80 year old company full of very sharp folks who knew their jobs well. ARINC has deep roots in the community as a leader in philanthropic work and is a place one can expect the "way of the old school" of doing business though it is working towards a projectized and more efficient way of reaching margins.
Pros
cafeteria onsite, located near everything in annapolis.
Cons
old way of doing business held back the company but now shifting towards more efficient methods.
Rewarding Job!
Senior Flight Test Engineer (HH-60G) Helicopter (Current Employee) –  Nellis AFB, NVJune 24, 2014
Typical day revolves around the maintenance workload and the flight schedule. Our primary goal at Arinc Flight Test is to provide an Airworthy aircraft to Air Force Combat Rescue crews. For the past 14 years I have traveled across the United States flight testing and accepting HH-60G helicopters from various locations. The experience we have is unmatched when it comes to HH-60 knowledge and flight sense.
Pros
flying
Cons
heat and long days
Lots of Work... Lots of Fun
Information Systems Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2015
The focus has shifted from employees to overall business management. They at one point had spot bonuses and employee recognition; but not anymore. They only focus on keeping their customers happy.
An excellent company
Senior Staff Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2013
ARINC is a solid, forward-looking organization that produces some very interesting technology. I was very impressed by the continuous improvement initiatives as well as the level of ingenuity demonstrated by individuals as well as teams. This is a wonderful company to work for if you are a motivated individual who is comfortable taking initiative in technological projects.
great management team
Logistic and hazardous material analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 18, 2013
Though Arinc was still a young and growing company, the management team was very educated and detail oriented. the typical day at work with Arinc entailed maintaining a fast pace staying on top of the workload, while still maintaining a safe attitude and friendly relationship with coworkers.
Pros
family oriented management team
Most of the people were assigned too many projects and others were not pulling their duties
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GeorgiaMay 11, 2012
Working on multiple projects
Do not use the workers to there strengths
Management was great
Some co-workers were lazy
harderst part of the job was company standards and procedures were not clear
Most enjoyable part of the job was keeping busy
benefits
Cons
not fair to all employees
Excellent company to work for.
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLOctober 17, 2012
ARINC is a top notch company to work for. The work environment was excellent. They gave us great tools and software to work with and followed all the HR policies to the letter. I highly recommend them.
Pros
great management, interesting jobs, good pay and benefits.
Cons
low turnover means that advancement opportunities don't happen very often.
A Coherent team of people with great people and technical skills
C-17 PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJune 8, 2012
Enjoyed my short lived career at ARINC. Most every different job that I was assigned was challenging. I felt that I got a chance to contribute to their success while as the same time advancing my career experience.
Pros
flex work schedule and good pay and benefits
Cons
lack of coordinated marketing
I've always put in 200% into whatever I do.
Sr. Staff Analyst / Instructor (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDOctober 16, 2012
Training students of new equipments, and also learning from their exeriences. Being sync with my co-workers makes it easer to manage. The hardest part of the job is day one locating the site and , setting up for training, I enjoy meeting new people day by day and traveling all over the world.
Review
Avionics Technician (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 8, 2012
The job is fun with good pay. Mgt uses the good ol boy system so if you are a brown noser you'll go far. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I am left alone to work. Don't expect raises or bonuses.
Pros
opportunity to learn and improve your skillset
Cons
mgt treats employees like checkers with no shift stability
Great Opportunities
Field Radio Technician (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDDecember 23, 2014
This is a great place to start and to go as far as you desire. I was able to go from janitor to Field Radio Tech in 3 years by studing and taking advantage of networking.
Project focused with team encouragement.
Software Developer, Staff Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 14, 2014
All of the employees are dedicated to doing a good job. Management is supportive of the team. The culture is very hands-on willing to take risks, allowing growth and contribution.
Cons
time constraints, overloading
IT internship
IT internship (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OkSeptember 11, 2012
Assist with help desks tasks, systems backups, imaging desktops and laptops, weekly monitoring of event logs, printer maintenance, evaluating operational status of laptops and desktops, perform software updates.
Short lived
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 1, 2014
Due to military funding, ARINC had to cut all contracted positions very short notice and last minute. I really wasn't there long enough to give a good complete review of my experiences.
Productive and Co-operative Management
Systems Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJune 2, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was Team Lunch's, I really had good time with all my team.
Pros
free lunch's, co-operative staff etc.
Cons
i don't have any cons.
Worked as Sr technician
Sr. Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2013
worked on kiosks at ATL airport and also mobile locations
worked with FlyClear attendants to make sure kiosks stay operative
hardest part of job was 24hrs oncall duties.