The Lab Aide will act as support to the Clinical Lab Assistants and Scientists or other medical personnel with day to day functions of the testing site.
Job responsibilities include:
- Cleaning and sanitizing workspaces.
- Restocking the laboratory facilities with Lab Consumables and supplies.
- Maintain a safe environment in the laboratory by inspecting biohazard waste containers and removing them to the appropriate disposal location when needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the CLIA Labs in which they work by performing various cleaning tasks.
We are seeking a self-starter with a successful track record working in an expanding, fast-paced high complexity laboratory.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in a Clinical lab environment
- 1 year laboratory or medical experience with an understanding of blood borne pathogens and clean room practices.
- Must have background or experience with working in a blood lab or environment with BBP precautions and Bio hazardous waste.
- Extremely safety conscientious and detail-oriented.
- Ability to follow guidelines and safety manuals accurately.
- Must be organized and able to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills such as word processing and laboratory information systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of good laboratory practice.
**Please apply via company website, at www.ariosadx.com**
Ariosa Diagnostics, Inc., maker of the Harmony(TM) Prenatal Test, is a molecular diagnostics company committed to providing non-invasive, highly accurate and affordable prenatal tests for all pregnant women in an effort to promote and improve maternal and fetal health.
Led by an experienced team of medical doctors and scientists, the company has developed cutting-edge technology to perform a directed analysis of cell-free DNA in blood. The flagship product -- the Harmony Prenatal Test -- is a simple blood test that provides pregnant women with early, personalized and accurate information on the risk of their baby having a common genetic condition, such as Down syndrome. The Harmony Prenatal Test empowers women to achieve their individual reproductive goals and minimizes the need for expectant mothers to undergo unnecessary invasive procedures, such as amniocentesis.
The company began operations in 2010 and is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. For more information, visit www.ariosadx.com.