We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person to help execute Ariosa’s expansion into global markets.
The global logistics and distribution manager will be responsible for strategically organizing and maintaining the distribution of Ariosa’s products and supplies. This individual will be involved in transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of the shipper kits and samples
The global logistics and distribution manager must also be aware of external influences such as legislation and will always need to be working closely with client services, commercial operations, and business development to support the smooth and efficient operation of Ariosa’s activities.
This position requires a versatile and driven individual with logistics and distribution experience globally, excellent communication skills and a background in healthcare products. The ideal candidate should be comfortable with problem solving through diverse challenges. Ariosa operates in one of the most exciting fields in biotechnology, with amazing opportunities and capacity for growth and change. To take full advantage, the GLDM should be comfortable with, and thrive in, evolving environments.
Among the many benefits of joining Ariosa in this role is a competitive salary, bonus and stock options as well as autonomy to operate independently with input and guidance from the management team.
Responsibilities: Principal responsibilities include:
- Creating and implementing global logistics strategies to ensure long term customer satisfaction.
- Resolving problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues. Root cause analysis and problem resolution for all logistics operations.
- Monitoring product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
- Planning and implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes. Collaborating with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Analyzing the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes, or carriers. Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
- Monitoring the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of the movement of Ariosa’s products and supplies. Coordinating and controlling the order cycle and associated information systems. Analyzing data to monitor performance and plan improvements
- Working in conjunction with sales, business development and client service to handle complaints and ensure support plans are in place to maintain long-term customer relationships.
- Maintaining metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs. Implementing specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting or customized transportation metrics.
- Negotiating the transportation rates or services.
- Developing risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
- Communicating transportation information to customers or suppliers, using transportation management, electronic logistics marketplace, or electronic freight information systems, to improve efficiency, speed, or quality of transportation services.
Requirements: We seek an individual with a successful track record who must be comfortable with a fast paced and changing environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years’ management experience in conducting global distribution and sales within a healthcare company.
- Previous experience with molecular diagnostics strongly preferred
- Experience working in -domestic and international geographies required
- Team player that enjoys collaborating with internal, external partner teams, customers and vendor/consultants to drive business objectives in a nimble, progressive start-up environment
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong computer skills a must with experience in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong Project Management skills
**Please apply via company website, at www.ariosadx.com**
Ariosa Diagnostics, Inc., maker of the Harmony(TM) Prenatal Test, is a molecular diagnostics company committed to providing non-invasive, highly accurate and affordable prenatal tests for all pregnant women in an effort to promote and improve maternal and fetal health.
Led by an experienced team of medical doctors and scientists, the company has developed cutting-edge technology to perform a directed analysis of cell-free DNA in blood. The flagship product -- the Harmony Prenatal Test -- is a simple blood test that provides pregnant women with early, personalized and accurate information on the risk of their baby having a common genetic condition, such as Down syndrome. The Harmony Prenatal Test empowers women to achieve their individual reproductive goals and minimizes the need for expectant mothers to undergo unnecessary invasive procedures, such as amniocentesis.
The company began operations in 2010 and is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. For more information, visit www.ariosadx.com.
Indeed - 15 months ago
Ariosa Diagnostics, Inc., maker of the Harmony(TM) Prenatal Test, is a molecular diagnostics company committed to providing non-invasive,...