Global Strategy Manager (Latin America)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person to lead and execute Ariosa’s expansion into international markets.
The Global Strategy Manager will be responsible for identifying, developing and executing on new partnership opportunities that will contribute to the adoption and revenue growth of Ariosa’s products globally. The initial focus will be on implementing the commercialization of Ariosa’s non-invasive blood test – the Harmony™ Prenatal Test.
This position requires a versatile and driven individual with business acumen, excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate should be comfortable with cross-cultural business relationships and with intercontinental travel. Ariosa operates in one of the most exciting fields in biotechnology, with amazing opportunities for growth and capacity for change. The GSS should be comfortable with, and thrive in, evolving environments.
Among the many benefits of joining Ariosa in this role is a competitive salary, bonus and stock options as well as autonomy to operate independently with input and guidance from the management team.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute on the near and long term go to market strategy for countries and territories within a specified region
- Develop and maintain close relationships with existing and prospective customers and partners. Track partnership progress and address any issues
- Lead efforts to obtain a comprehensive understanding of current prenatal practice patterns
- Identify leading laboratories, hospitals, clinics, distributors and key opinion leaders
- Monitor the competitive landscape and map out the market dynamics as it relates to competitors
- Establish and maintain relationships with key influencers in industry and academia
- Assist to develop a marketing strategy which includes identifying key conferences and events and also identify any culturally specific items which may guide development of marketing materials
- Assist in negotiating and executing on business and licensing agreements
- Develop financial models to outline levels of investment required and expected returns based on different strategies
- Attend international tradeshows/exhibits on behalf of Ariosa
- Onboard new international clients to maximize operational effectiveness
We seek an individual with a successful track record who must be comfortable with a fast paced and changing environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years in conducting business development, sales or consulting in healthcare. Experience with molecular diagnostics preferred
- MBA, Ph.D. in Life Sciences, or M.D. preferred
- Team player that enjoys collaborating with internal, external partner teams, customers and vendor/consultants to drive business objectives in a nimble, progressive start-up environment
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) for the development of marketing strategies and tactics, product analysis and project management. Experience in negotiating business contracts and conducting deep due diligence on business opportunities
- Fluency in English as well as a second language to have the ability to work with international clients; preferably Portuguese or Spanish.
- Computer skills a must with experience in excel and powerpoint
- Ability to analyze complex issues
- Strong communicator with ability to establish new relationships
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time
*Please apply on company website: http://www.ariosadx.com/careers/application/
When submitting application, please list 3 years’ salary history, along with salary requirements.*
Ariosa Diagnostics, Inc., maker of the Harmony(TM) Prenatal Test, is a molecular diagnostics company committed to providing non-invasive, highly accurate and affordable prenatal tests for all pregnant women in an effort to promote and improve maternal and fetal health.
Led by an experienced team of medical doctors and scientists, the company has developed cutting-edge technology to perform a directed analysis of cell-free DNA in blood. The flagship product -- the Harmony Prenatal Test -- is a simple blood test that provides pregnant women with early, personalized and accurate information on the risk of their baby having a common genetic condition, such as Down syndrome. The Harmony Prenatal Test empowers women to achieve their individual reproductive goals and minimizes the need for expectant mothers to undergo unnecessary invasive procedures, such as amniocentesis.
The company began operations in 2010 and is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. For more information, visit www.ariosadx.com.