The Clinical Laboratory Scientist General Supervisor is responsible for supervising Clinical Laboratory Scientists and Clinical Lab Assistants, performing high complexity laboratory testing on patient specimens, interpreting and reporting patient results, performing quality control and quality assurance procedures, and complying with all applicable local, state and federal laboratory requirements. The high complexity nature of the work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multitask, flexibility with tasks and schedules, and the ability to work independently in a team environment.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Performance of laboratory tests, procedures and analyses according to the laboratory's standard operating procedures.
- Performance, review and documentation of laboratory quality control procedures.
- Operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Preparation of reagents required for laboratory testing.
- Review, interpretation and reporting of patient results.
- Identifying and remedying problems that adversely affect test performance.
- Reporting all test quality and safety concerns to the Laboratory Director or Safety Officer.
- Preparing performance reviews on testing personnel within specified time-frames.
- Tracking training and competency of testing personnel.
We seek an individual with a successful track record who must be comfortable in an expanding, fast-paced high complexity clinical laboratory.
The ideal candidate must possess a valid California CLS license, and will have:
- A minimum of six years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Possess working knowledge of local, state and federal laboratory regulations.
- Strong computer Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve complex issues that impact test performance.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to maintain open communication with coworkers, non-laboratory personnel, and managers.
- Previous supervisory experience a must.
- In depth understanding of standard molecular biology techniques such as PCR, cloning and sequencing.
- Working knowledge of statistics
- Experience with liquid handling automation
TO APPLY - Submit resume and cover letter via company website:
Ariosa Diagnostics, Inc., maker of the Harmony(TM) Prenatal Test, is a molecular diagnostics company committed to providing non-invasive, highly accurate and affordable prenatal tests for all pregnant women in an effort to promote and improve maternal and fetal health.
Led by an experienced team of medical doctors and scientists, the company has developed cutting-edge technology to perform a directed analysis of cell-free DNA in blood. The flagship product -- the Harmony Prenatal Test -- is a simple blood test that provides pregnant women with early, personalized and accurate information on the risk of their baby having a common genetic condition, such as Down syndrome. The Harmony Prenatal Test empowers women to achieve their individual reproductive goals and minimizes the need for expectant mothers to undergo unnecessary invasive procedures, such as amniocentesis.
The company began operations in 2010 and is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. For more information, visit www.ariosadx.com.