The Senior Software Engineer is a full-time position, which is primarily responsible for R&D and lab software development activities but may also participate in other corporate matters.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Creating and maintaining custom laboratory information management systems (LIMS) software primarily written in Java and C# to track process data and workflow queues, and
- Creating/maintaining/tuning database SQL required to support LIMS functionality and other database centric applications used at the Company, and
- Developing new software/systems to support delivery of data to customers, R&D personnel and enterprise resource management systems using a variety of web-based programming tools, and
- Mentoring junior software engineers and database developers to teach them coding techniques and good software development practices, and
- Supporting end-users in a 24/7 production environment as needed, and
- Such other matters as may be determined by yourself and the Company.
We seek an individual with a successful track record who must be comfortable with a start-up environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experienced developer with skills in OOP using C, C# and/or Java in a client/server architecture.
- Experience with developing complex custom GUI and visual components.
- Experience database programmer with skills in writing complex SQL queries, optimizing stored procedures and data table performance. MSSQL experience preferred.
- Strong math and logic skills.
- Understanding of laboratory processes and workflow systems is a plus.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed.
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Able to manage daily test processing needs with high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Please apply via company website, at www.ariosadx.com
Ariosa Diagnostics, Inc., maker of the Harmony(TM) Prenatal Test, is a molecular diagnostics company committed to providing non-invasive, highly accurate and affordable prenatal tests for all pregnant women in an effort to promote and improve maternal and fetal health.
Led by an experienced team of medical doctors and scientists, the company has developed cutting-edge technology to perform a directed analysis of cell-free DNA in blood. The flagship product -- the Harmony Prenatal Test -- is a simple blood test that provides pregnant women with early, personalized and accurate information on the risk of their baby having a common genetic condition, such as Down syndrome. The Harmony Prenatal Test empowers women to achieve their individual reproductive goals and minimizes the need for expectant mothers to undergo unnecessary invasive procedures, such as amniocentesis.
The company began operations in 2010 and is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. For more information, visit www.ariosadx.com.