Software Engineer, Production Support
Description: Software Engineer is a full-time position in the Bioinformatics, Data Analysis and Statistics (BDAS) group, to which you would devote all of your professional effort. You would be primarily responsible for software development and analysis support for software and data generated by BDAS.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Developing new software, analyses and reports to support both production and development operations.
- Maintaining and updating software supporting production operations.
- Creating custom reports and performing custom analyses of data in support of production operations.
- Interacting with other functional areas to provide training, documentation and support.
Requirements: We seek an individual with a successful track record who must be comfortable with a start-up environment. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Bioinformatics, or related fields with 3-5 years of experience in software development.
- Experience developing in C++/C# with Visual Studio required.
- Experience with client/server architectures preferred.
- Experience developing software in a genomics/bioinformatics setting preferred.
- Experience with Excel and statistical software such as R/SAS preferred.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers, and customers as needed.
- Strong mathematical and logical skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
*Please apply on company website: http://www.ariosadx.com/careers/application/
When submitting application, please list 3 years' salary history, along with salary requirements.*
Ariosa Diagnostics, Inc., maker of the Harmony(TM) Prenatal Test, is a molecular diagnostics company committed to providing non-invasive, highly accurate and affordable prenatal tests for all pregnant women in an effort to promote and improve maternal and fetal health.
Led by an experienced team of medical doctors and scientists, the company has developed cutting-edge technology to perform a directed analysis of cell-free DNA in blood. The flagship product -- the Harmony Prenatal Test -- is a simple blood test that provides pregnant women with early, personalized and accurate information on the risk of their baby having a common genetic condition, such as Down syndrome. The Harmony Prenatal Test empowers women to achieve their individual reproductive goals and minimizes the need for expectant mothers to undergo unnecessary invasive procedures, such as amniocentesis.
The company began operations in 2010 and is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. For more information, visit www.ariosadx.com